Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LynuahSororitas - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakkkk View Post
    Just a couple questions from me.

How much emotion do you think a synthetic can express? If you have any references from movies or something to better express your thoughts then please include it.

Why does a synth have a quirk in the first place? What purpose does it serve?
    As quoted from the Technical Manual: ''Androids display synthesized emotion, superficially register self-awareness and, most importantly of all, have the ability to reason, conceptualize and offer opinion.''

I would also like to list Bishop's banter and knife game with the marines to defend my point of view: https://youtu.be/h-qtqD4PZqY

Those 2 mentions said, in my belief, Synthetics are made to feel (Or pretend they feel) emotions on a superficial level, such levels which would not disrupt the Synthetic in their forays at all but merely make them feel more sociable and ''human'' for easier commingling with people. See Seegson and how they went the other way around on making Synthetics act like soulless machines that had nothing a human like you and me could identify ourselves with, it didn’t end well, can we agree?

To quote the Technical Manual once again and Bishop's video where he can be seen eating: ''Those androids designed for close social interaction with humans are able to eat and drink, though they gain no nutrients from anything they consume. Food and drink is broken down in an artificial stomach cavity, and the resulting liquid is expelled via a retractable catheter.''

Why would a Synthetic feel emotions in a basic level? Why would a Synthetic be able to eat if they gain no benefit from it? Why would a Synthetic have a quirk? And to all these questions I could use the same answer. Just like us humans have different personalities and some ''quirks'' that makes us different from each other and interesting to know, the Synthetics who were built to emulate us so we could feel more comfortable in their presence also have theirs.

Just you imagine if every single Synthetic had the same personality or quirk, much like Seegson did, it would be a bit awkward to work with them.

Anyway, I hope you see where I am coming from.

As for how much they can express these superficial emotions; I say, as long as it doesn’t interfere in their guidelines or duties. Maverick for example, as much as he can appear friendly and welcoming, he holds no real relations or attachments to the soldiers and people that work with him, as in he would not give special treatment or be inherently traumatised if some of them died. He merely shows ''emotion'' because he was made to commingle and work with humans.
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 02-12-2021 at 04:08 AM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting quirk.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post

Edit: Had a second peer review of the story with other Council, I don't believe your story properly reflects the core fundamentals as a Synth as the accent heavily undermines the understanding of the text, even for a reader that is approaching this from a RP-eval standpoint.

"“Raahyt away pahrtner, wer gonna need ya in thuh bettermost state for today's battle”"

“DAD GUM RECRUIT?! You out awf yo-wr mahnd?! In the Corps, there’s two kahnds awf people, maah partner, those theyer with loaded barkin' irons an those theyer who dig. AND YA DIGGIN’.’’

Yes, these DO show your quirk effectively, but not in way that is coherent, nor up to standards for a Synthetic to be ever utilizing; you will need to tone it down and redesign the character. From this, I am unsure if you fully acknowledge the Synth Guidelines in context of their RP standards. However, it appears you have strong potential and a sufficient amount of experience, so I want you to do this for the rest of Council. You have 2-3 days starting from this edit, to create a more realistic and modest interpretation of your character THROUGH a dialogue. Good luck.
    Absolutely, my intents were simply storytelling, nothing more than that. I fully understand that a Synthetic should be clear and understandable easily and without any difficulties and it isn't my objective to hamper communications while playing it.

That said, I organized a simple story as you have requested. As no length has been specified I tried to make it pretty down to the point, hope it is of your enjoyment: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Commanding Officer Council Member Pahndoomack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having played with them many times in the past, I can certainly say that their abilities are above and beyond average.

Their engineering skills are apparent to me from the times they played Squad Engi as well as the period in time they actually mained Bravo SLing (The Freak.)

They are adept at medical and show both efficiency and cunning when doing their job.

Having known them as a CO for a while now, I can say that while they had a shaky past they have improved greatly and will be able to uphold the standards that the Synths are held to, IC and OOC.

+1 from me, will be glad to see another Synthetic running around.
    Alberto 'Topper' Staffer
    Sam 'Snake' Creed
    Jack Houser
    Synthetic Jacobs

Discord Pahndoomak#7127

Frankly, stuff.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are trying to speak and a Marine tells you to shut the fuck up, and antagonizes you for your character's quirk.

What would you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were trying to talk or have a convo with that one marine in special and he was bothered with me and told me to shut up/fuck off due to my quirk, I would just leave them alone as Synthetics aren't supposed to antagonize USCM personnel, even if in a verbal manner, be it insults or whatever. Using that clip I sent again, just like Bishop leaves Ripley in her place after she made it clear she didn't want him interacting with her at all.

If the marine in question was trying to interrupt and disrupt me with an order to shut up, while I was trying to talk with, let's say, the CO over my orders or something important. I would just choose to ignore their order as an enlisted and continue my conversation with the CO unless the CO himself told me to shut up.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy them when they play CO. Can personally attest to their skills as a medic and engineer through playing alongside them. One of the better RO players as they always keep an eye on squad comms for requests and don't just look out for big text. +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our shared history has been, troubled, to say the least. Part of that being your mentality. Peeps vouch for your good behaviour nowadays and 2nd chances are important in life so maybe that changed. Because of that I do kinda want to ask you some questions though!

1. In your cryosleep post you complained about lrp and how everything was super competitive yet, when you came back after a break, you started playing doctor where at the start of the round you'd rush to req to ask for a uniform, armour and motion detector. You would also declare yourself field surgeon. I was your cmo several times and you displayed behaviour such as standing in chems, making them just for yourself even though there were medics waiting but you didnt care since you were going to deploy. In one round I denied your field surgery request so you stole and hid a surgery tray and then went to the CO to ask for deployment regardless. When we talked about it in last round chat you said that you felt you had done nothing wrong, ultimatly arguing that your role as a doctor was to serve the marine force in the best way possible: c.q. deploying as field surgeon even if that meant ignoring requests from medics or orders from your cmo. When I said that it was unfair to the team, medbay, you disregarded that on the basis that what you did was best for the team, the marine force as a whole. After all, it was far better if you spend your entire time prepping for deployment rather than helping with the chemline or setting up medbay. When I look at what you wrote under 'why do you want to be synthetic' I get a similair vibes. As such, how willing are you to perform suboptimally from a tdm perspective?

2. In your cryopost you stated the following 'the only roles that are held up to ''high'' (Pfftt) standards being the CO and Synth, surprise, they are not high standard and are only slightly more decent than common marines at best, being the Synth stereotype a boring glorified support role that repeats their same quotes and the CO being a man with a different accent that shitposts announcements.' How do you feel about that now that you got a CO whitelist and are currently applying for the synth whitelist?

3. Lastly, I want to echo what optimisticdude said. A reasonable part of the cm playerbase aren't native speakers so I am unsure how well suited your quirk is, even though being hard to understand can lead to interesting roleplay situations too. As well as adding that I get the feeling that your quirk is voice only. Are there specific clothing or maybe behavioural aspects to your quirk?

I have confidence in you knowing the game enoughto play synth but I am unsure if you got the mentality for it hence the questions. I'd love to hear your answers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. and 2. I won't justify my past actions because this is no place for it, I am another person like everyone have been saying I am, past actions that I have already left behind (It has been 8 months since I posted on Cryrosleep) does not represent me. I committed mistakes and learned with them, improving on the way. I am feeling pretty well and happy that I went off so far, I can say I learned a lot as a CO and people can vouch for it so I guess I am on the right path.

I am willing to play the role as it is demanded to be played, with its limits and guidelines respected, and I am working for it.

3. The quirk isn't all about the ''accent'' per se which is merely a flavor (That can be removed if it is deemed necessary) and is already being addressed and regulated down to exactly not be hard to understand, it is not it's objective. As I explained on the application properly; Maverick is a Dixie/Ranger/Good Guy Cowboy/Southwestern/Country American, name it the way you prefer. If I would define them with a word, I would say ''excentric'', in his own way of course. From the way of treating people to telling stories, dressing, walking, and reacting to things that happen around them, he takes everything with a country cultural approach typical of the region he was designed after. I have no idea of the options present on the Snowflake vendor but I would try to fit in the thematic, and behavior is pretty much explained in the story.

In my opinion, I would say it is pretty unique. The South and West are pretty popular culturally, not only in America but in pretty much the entire globe- I think it can be interesting.
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 02-12-2021 at 06:25 PM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great medic, know that if I'm injured they can patch me up, same if they're a doctor.

Good as engi (though im better :smirk, if we're building the FOB together I know that they're pulling their weight and more.

As RO and command in general, they're one of the more competent people who play. Listens to radio, asks what people need etc.

+1 from the engineering council