https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo,

I've seen you in game before and you definitely put effort into shipside RP so that's good. Therefore I can trust you not to be a dumbo.
    Your questions are adequate, and you put a lot of effort into the application and with the followup questions by the synth councilors. They've asked questions about everything I was concerned about and you gave solid answers to them. That is excellent to see.
    This will be a pretty easy +1 from me after seeing the rest of the positive feedback in this thread. I hope to see Maverick aboard the Almayer soon.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind dialect quirks as long as they are understandable. Your newer dialogue is a step in the right direction, but it's still too much. We have a lot of non-native English speakers on the server and I believe it would be hard time for some of them to decipher “Anythin’ ya got lost round’ these surroundin's macho? Ay can help ya pal. Come awn, shoot it uhp.’’

Using myself as an example for a moment, slang/dialect quirks should only be done to a certain extent. If a xeno escaped research, if I were to go full send it with Dale I would say "The jive ass turkey busted the bars and shimmied out of the slammer, can you dig it?". This is problematic because I'm using too many expressions and slang to describe the situation. If I were to say "The xenomorph has escaped research, you dig?", this would be a far better way to put it, as it accurately and seriously expresses the situation, while letting people know that my quirk is using old school slang. My worry with you playing Maverick would you be saying "Tha gaud-damn sumbitch xenomorph busted outta that there research, command!", instead of "Letting y'all know that the xenomorph has escaped research.". I appreciate you using Bishop and the manual as examples for a decent synthetic, but you need to see if you can apply those values to your own synth. Bishop in the movie is calm, nonthreatening, passive, and kind. Think of playing Maverick more as the Marlboro man kind of cowboy; mysterious, reserved, respected, over the hillbilly kind of cowboy I imagine through your dialogue.

That being said, this is a game, not a job application. Taking things too seriously is a widespread issue, and I don't wish to participate in it. I'm willing to give you a solid chance and see if you can make some people have memorable moments with a synthetic. After all, isn't that what it's all about?

I approve of this app and it will be accepted, feel free to DM any of us regarding our feedback.
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the concerns and will act accordingly, the tips and examples you gave are pretty helpful and I will base myself on them. If anything comes up, I will make sure to speak with the Council and the fellow members of the Whitelist. Once again, thanks for all the help, I will do my best to make rounds enjoyable for not only myself but everyone I have a chance to interact with.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida