Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warfan1815 - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Warfan1815

Player Name You Use Most?
    Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    [WITHDRAWN] Commanding Officer application: //showthrea...er-Application (This was deleted however)

[DENIED] Commanding Officer Application: //showthrea...er-Application

[DENIED] Moderator Application: //showthrea...or-Application

[ACCEPTED] Moderator Application://showthrea...or-Application

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?
    0+

What is your discord username and handle?
    WarFan#8828

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    A commanding officer in totality has the job of ensuring the operation runs smoothly, and the job of ensuring the ship does not receive any sort of inefficiency.

And, the commanding officer has the duty of ensuring his men and himself does not break Marine Law & SOP in any major way, though leniency can be afforded to ensure the operation runs smoothly

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    Because I wish for the higher tier in the CIC hierarchy to allow me to execute my operations with autonomy, and not to be halted in by any Commanding Officer who would come by.

Of course, I also want to enjoy something (even though it is just slightly) new. I mean that's why people who play games strive for new levels, it is after all for a new experience or good experience.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I am good at commanding, I am easily shaping around the situation of the round as they come by. I have a good quirk that could give a mix up from the standard Tom, dick & harry CO.

How will your Commanding Officer behave? Describe their character.
    Warris 'Haig' Fernsby is essentially a very British military officer who acts of the Edwardian period (19th-Early 20th century Britain) in his premiership as an officer, as he is very much modelled off such British Generals as Sir Douglas Haig (or much rather, the stereotypical depiction) during WW1 caring for the glory and victory of war, with an ordnanance bent, regardless of human casualties of anyone but for the people he is friends with.

He also owns in partnership with a friend an ordnance company called "Fernsby & Mountbatten Ordnance." And there-after, has a somewhat large focus on what the explosives of the battlefield have done. Yet again, regardless of human casualties. But that is not to mean he doesn't care about injury or death the common marine faces. He just has a very detracted stance of 'apathy' and "walk it off"-ness to his response when brought up.

Name and briefly describe your Commanding Officer's own ship.
    His Ship, named the HMS Hastings, is a very large, antiquated, storage container ship that has been heavily modified to become a broadside-firing (with 40 16-inch guns) behemoth of a ship that has about 2 companies of active combat personnel and massive holds of explosive ordnance in some areas where the storage container ship hasn't been modified.

Due to the wealth of the commanding officer, he has been able to give the ship massive amounts of capitol to requisition such, but did run out of funds for improvement 30 years ago as maintenance and upkeep began to become such a large issue.

The only glaring issue of the ship is it's armour & modernity, mainly being only half a metre thick in some areas. But the largeness of the ship has most of the time shielded rounds hit from affecting critical areas before the ship can move to broadside and do large amounts of damage to any assaulting craft. It is however thought that in a fight with a carrier-ship. The HMS Hastings would be incredibly outmatched as the ship has very few small-AA guns as it prefers to move with ships that can handle such a threat easier and in some areas large amount of ordnance can easily be exploded.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    ExperienceHow experienced are you with the position of a Squad Leader (SL)?
    I have had numerous occasions where I have played it, and I would say I play it incredibly well (due in part to my large experience with command, but also due to my smaller [But no doubt small] experience with the role)

How experienced are you with the position of a Staff Officer (SO)?
    I remember playing it incredibly regularly before I decided to play XO as a main, you could say superseded, but I feel confident whenever the call for command beckons, and XO is occupied, I take the role lovely.

How experienced are you with the position of a Department Head?
    Before my foray into main CIC, and before the upstart of my British character I played the role of Requisitions Officer rigorously, and rather recently (for nostalgia sake) I do sometimes take it up and i'm still as good at it as the day I left it.

CE & CMP are much the same, offshoots from my skipping between department & department learning the trade in earnest & then playing the department head of said department.

The only one I dare never touch is CMO. Long after SS13 has faded from everyone's memory, and all (if any) successions fail. I think I shall still be able to say I have never played CMO. the main medical role is so boring and I haven't even scratched CMO. (Though I could fairly say I could knock out a day one of these days and learn the trade, but I just don't care)

How experienced are you with the position of the Executive Officer (XO)?
    A reasonable statement is to be made about how I do love it, mostly because of it's proximity to command of the operation, and also of how much I have done with the role.

And after recent events with my applications. I have taken to increasing my play time with it when I can. And I do hope now I have shown experience to a recognisable standard.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)?
    I played MP for a lovely amount of time, read it sometimes then. I played CMP for a lovely amount of time, mastered it then. I then became Moderator, and I had expertise then.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used? List some examples of scenarios in which a battlefield execution would be correctly used.
    I'd follow the SOP standard to the T, after all CO's shouldn't really break law at all. Unless they want their whitelist removed.

It should be used when any other rout has been expended, and/or there is an immediate threat to the command or the ship, or it's a spy threatening security and is breaking capital punishment laws.

Meh, I don't think I'd ever use BE more then a few times in my entire career. That's why this section will be so short.

Examples:

A spy from the UPP is about to assassinate him, he decides to execute him using a mateba.

An SL is calling for a mutiny, and is murdering any MP's he comes across. And has now entered CIC.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner? What are some examples of crimes you would pardon, and those you would not?
    When the person arrested is integral to the operation to an absurdity that such a crime can be forgiven in the interests in saving lives.

Oh and if it isn't a capital punishment.

There is only one Pilot Officer online, he accidentally breaks a window. And are arrested by MP's for damage to government property, I hear of this. He is released.

A delta marine is arrested for murdering a charlie marine. And is not requesting a pardon. I don't pardon him.

What is your routine after starting the round as either a Staff Officer or Executive Officer? Assume you joined round-start and are inside your quarters.
    Go to the bubble, give RO the supply points from Defcon, Set Dropship pad, greet the command staff, check for any outstanding starting issues, And issue a round start announcement with briefing time in it.

How would you handle insubordinate departments? State what you would do for each department if they were insubordinate.
    I suppose there are 3 phases we should consider,

1) Evaluate: are all of them insubordinate? Is it important? And can't their department be replaced? If the checklist is all true, continue.

2) Negotiate: offer monetary, honorific & other peaceful means of pacifying the more sympathetic people in the department first, if they cannot waver & they all stand fast against taking orders, continue.

3) Force: Arrest anyone causing substantial trouble to making the department cooperative under the pretence of insubordination, and threaten the more peaceful people in the department with this if they still don't catch the message.

How would you handle an understaffed CIC? What if you and the XO are the only available CIC crew?
    I have handled this on numerous occasions with a lot of efficiency, and it's just to go through the motions, if you can get a CE or someone to help you with receiving information then that'll be splendid, but sometimes there is no CE. And the show must go on

What would you do if you were deployed and a marine told you they were going to desert the operation?
    I would encourage them to stay and help the operation, if they still persist I would offer them the ability to become apart of my guard and "go on the splendid hunt," should put to rest their interests to desert (whatever that is) and if they continue to say so, I give them one final stern warning & order, and then I'll decide to battlefield execute them for being a threat to my command (after all, desertion is in most aspects refusal to follow orders)

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    t̶h̶i̶r̶d̶ fourth times the charm.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many COs these days use BEs way too often. The classic "last resort" answer, then they go BE eight people for speaking non english over comms or something, so I have a BE question for you.

1. A marine is saying over squad comms "Let's mutiny" and "This CO sucks" and stuff like that. You know he's at his squad prep, tryna recruit people as they are getting prepared. What do you do? Do you BE him or use other methods?

Also, a general question.

2. The medical APC has only one VC, but you have a synthetic. Do you have the synthetic man the APC, or do you just let the VC go alone?

As for your attitude and all that, I think you're fine, you're a good XO and you're obviously gonna keep playing XO until you get CO. Also, as a fellow mod, you're always really professional (I think). I am definitely leaning towards a +1, I just want to make sure you aren't gonna be one of those cringe COs who doesn't care about fun.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    smh a bri'sh Co... the only one I respect is Mr forest.ok so onto the vote
    ur ok leader
    sometime questionable attitude as the xo but everyone has something to frown upon.
    ㅇ ㅡ ㅇ I'd say you probably will be fine but I'm still gonna keep watching until I'm sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you do me a favour and post your XO/SO/SL hours here?
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Too many COs these days use BEs way too often. The classic "last resort" answer, then they go BE eight people for speaking non english over comms or something, so I have a BE question for you.

1. A marine is saying over squad comms "Let's mutiny" and "This CO sucks" and stuff like that. You know he's at his squad prep, tryna recruit people as they are getting prepared. What do you do? Do you BE him or use other methods?

Also, a general question.

2. The medical APC has only one VC, but you have a synthetic. Do you have the synthetic man the APC, or do you just let the VC go alone?

As for your attitude and all that, I think you're fine, you're a good XO and you're obviously gonna keep playing XO until you get CO. Also, as a fellow mod, you're always really professional (I think). I am definitely leaning towards a +1, I just want to make sure you aren't gonna be one of those cringe COs who doesn't care about fun.
    1a) I am not going to BE him, firstly it's shipside we have MPs for a reason, second it's not an immediate threat, and third it's just a squaddie. I'd probably just send MPs to arrest him for conspiracy to commit sedition I wouldn't think anyone would really care (unless it's grub dunkers.)

2a) Since it's a medical APC, this means the synthetic doesn't have any need to stay at the FOB to attend to surgery, and if there is no doctor even better they can drive and do medical things until a doctor arrives, or another VC, two birds with one stone and all that. Granted, other synthetic operations such as body recovery and engineering would suffer but that's nothing the standard engineer or marine couldn't pick up
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    Could you do me a favour and post your XO/SO/SL hours here?
    Unfortunately I have been receiving some sort of bug and can't view my playtimes, buy my character new things with character points, and many other things. I'm going to try and fix it soon by clearing my cache and all that stuff so give me a few days.

here's one from some time in 2020, wait why the hell is it so small. Oh well I hope you can make that out... Nothing's working today for me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer 1 is good. Answer to number 2 is good, but one thing you should know from the perspective of a synth is that you should always ASK them if they want to drive APC/Tank because as synth it's giga boring to drive a vehicle when you could be going rambo with cade building and medicaling and stuff. I'm happy to give you a

+1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer is the same as last time. +1 because ya took my criticism seriously and improved.

No one is screaming about any recent behavior and since I was acceptable of it months ago before I left I see no issues here.

App will be looked at by others who actually care about it but should be fine.

+1 from da Cawktor Dumpy

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believed I started off with a +1 last time and then changed it to a -1. Going to start you off with a +1 again, please don't make me change it this time.
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)