Thread: Gillians book of pyrotechnics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gillians book of pyrotechnics

Hello everybody in the CM community
    Some of you know me ingame as Gillian 'Giga' Mancer
    Most of you know me as the crazy asshole OT with fire on the brain, who wont hessitate to blow your face off cus you looked at me wierd

Im here today to share, to share my love for bombs and what they do and to share my nades with xenos who get to me to quickly
    My nades, my rockets, my C4's, all is here

To any new comers
    I highly recommand that you read through Kryths guidebook, its a mash up of everything, teaching, helping and recipes, THIS guide is more about getting my recipes out there into the world so people can use em

When i make cyclo, i make it in batches of 60u but with the taps set to 40u, 80u meth 80u oxy 80u phoron, 240u forma, add 160u Ammonia to make hex and 240u Poly to make 240u Cyclo split 4 ways thats 60u each
    Though we are not here to make Cyclo, its good for beginning a round but shite for everything else except maybe used as a buffer
    So lets get this out of the way, the first nade i make at every round start

----------
    Blue Giant (KB)-Giga
    Lets get this one out of the way, its called a blue giant becuase of its fire type, thats Ethanol, or blue fire, its called giant cus its 6 tile radius and usually has a 2 second timer on it
    (KB) is a base i use, so this is KB, Cyclo Blast, I use K instead of C becuase where it would sit on the periodic table and C is copper anywhere that is useless information
    The B being Blast, means that Cyclo is the highest ammount used EP provider, Again, usually useless info
    Sooo whats the recipes? its pretty easy and quick to make, provided you have a competent medical staff, 4 nades at round start, to each SL or Spec

60u Cyclo
    60u Ethanol
    60u ANFO

Basic bitch nade, but its handy for entrence, exits and general harassment as it can knock over a Ravager for about 2 seconds, which is all the time you need to kill one
    --------
    Red Giant (OD)-Giga

Much like the name suggests this one also a fire nade, but with afew differances and with Iron
    O For Octogen
    D For Detonation

20u Napalm
    20u Ethanol
    10u Phoron
    10u Iron
    Small beaker

60u Octogen
    60u Cyclo
    Large Beaker

This nade is Max HE with alot of fire involved, Can light Ravagers on fire but not the queen, will destroy walls pretty easy and will one tap any T1 except a Defender, it also hurts marines like a bitch
    This nade also has a Varient
    If fragmentation isnt required, replace the Iron with Hydrogen, Quick and easy switch out

Those are both my most common used Nades, i do have others such as Plague Fire nades and more ANFO based nades, however they are not proven yet and i still have to get a grasp on Plague Fire
    Any of my other used nades can be found in Kryths Guidebook, you will just have to skip afew pages
    -------

As for C4
    Usually i will make UFM's (Ultra Frag Mines) or Pure based C4, Usually Proxy unless requested to be otherwise
    Many of them are Cyclo based, which requires atleast 40u Cyclo to be used, as Cyclo seems to have a knockdown/knockback property that im not quite sure i understand but what i do know is that you need a heep of it to use it properly

40u Cyclo
    60u ANFO
    10u Omni
    10u Iron
    Large Beaker

20u Ethanol
    20u Napalm
    10u Hydrogen
    10u Omni
    Small Beaker

This is the base of a Dark Star UFM It has multiple varients and is basicly an all in one kinda deal
    Omni basicly means you can use whats needed, the reason its split into 2 seperate containers is that you might want to use Smoke, or Phosphorus, or make it Fireball
    The point is to give it flexibility, and usually i lean towards FOB Defence, which normaly means these C4's are far apart, so more EP and Frag is needed, so i put 10 extra iron in the large beaker and 10 ANFO in the small

The only other C4 i would use is MaxCap but only when needed or specificly asked for by the Scout Spec (usually ending up being remote detonation)
    Its a big bomb that doesnt let anything get away unharmed

--------
    Its just called Big Bang (Pure)-Giga
    As in this is designed for one purpose and thats to fuck up anything around the bomb (how does that differ from other bombs?.... use it, you will see)

80u Octogen
    100u ANFO

This combination makes the falloff 14, which is stupidly small, basicly, more damage at the outskirts of the explosion
    Warning to those using it, its unstable, if you set fire to it or an explosion happens near it, it will react and explode on you

-------

Right, onto Rockets, one of my favorite topics becuase the SADAR is a shitbag and doesnt know what DFR means

The Labels i use for Rockets is easy to understand
    WAN-Giga Meaning Wide Area Nuke, no further explaination needed
    DFR-Giga Meaning Direct Fire Rocket, Meaning it will only do damage that the target and a small area around it

These are the two

Lightning Strike DFR-Giga
    ThunderClap WAN-Giga

-----
    Lightning Strike DFR

150u Octogen
    20u Ammonium Nitrate (Nitra)
    10u Iron

The Nitra is used to increase the falloff so the bomb part doesnt go as far, the frag is for the target, if you get a direct hit with it, even a Ravager will die, you will one tap anything with this rocket except the queen (cus she's a bitch), Ravager, Preas... warriors, boilers, defenders, crushers... doesnt matter, you hit something with this and it will die, again.. except the queen

Thunderclap WAN

120u Octogen
    60u ANFO

Max Cap reduced Falloff, this is easy done, hit a wall, hit your target, his the other side of hte map.. doesnt matter, you will hit something, and it will be hurting, designed not to be used around Marines (This hasn't been altered since i put it up in Kryths guidebook, though i did change the name)

Both of my main rockets, there is one left

Crackling Light WAN

You will need to get ahold of CF3 for this (CF3 = Chlorine Trifluoride) (ask a researcher or competent Doctor for it)

30u CF3
    30u Napalm
    20u Ethanol
    10u Hydogen
    90u Octogen

This is a splash rocket, meaning the explosion and resulting fire are not from the point on contact, what you get is an explosion that looks like what a water drop does when it hits the floor
    I rarely make this rocket becuase you need a competent SADAR to use it right, its designed to be fired stright down a hall way into a hive, if you use it out in the open, it will set fire to the surrounding marines, use it wisely

As for my mortars. i only really have 1, its a splash nuke, Much like Crackling Light, its got the water drop effect

------
    End of Days (NUKE)
    Pray that your mortar team is competent

150u Octogen
    60u ANFO
    30u Iron

This is 24 Falloff 360 EP of "Fuck you" and 30u Iron for "NO fucks were given today"
    When you really want to just say fuck to everything in the round, Xenos.. marines, the enviorment, EVERYTHING

There is another fire based mortar, however it hasnt been fully tested and im hesitent about sending it out into the world when i havent seen the results of it

Everything here in this guide is what i use, what i do, how i make it, Most nades are set to 2 seconds though i go with 3 seconds if there is a new SL on the team's (check the crew listings at round start so you know who is who)

If there are any questions or suggestions please ask and tell me, ill be happy to go through stuff with people
    To any xenos that has questions, i only have one answer, you will die in my fire...... but no seriously, ask away, i dont mind

I wish you all the best in your cooking and bomb making, i hope you all appreciate eachother in these dark times, i hope your all well and ill see you on the battlefield
    Much love

Gillian 'Giga' Mancer

PS:
    Devs, Put double labels back on items please, i like to give more info to my marines when i give them stuff that can kill em, kthanks
    Also, Where the hell is my Chem station you promised me
    Last edited by VegetaFH1; 02-14-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grenades

Quote Originally Posted by VegetaFH1 View Post
    Blue Giant (KB)-Giga

60u Cyclo
    60u Ethanol
    60u ANFO
    My recommendation: replace the 60 ethanol with 30 napalm+30 ethanol. It would have a slightly smaller radius, but the damage and duration would be quite a bit bigger.

Red Giant (OD)-Giga

20u Napalm
    20u Ethanol
    10u Phoron
    10u Iron
    Small beaker

60u Octogen
    60u Cyclo
    Large Beaker
    This one just kinda seems like a downgrade from the first. Less radius and duration, but a bit higher intensity and power. I'm fairly certain that adding phoron to make incendiary shrapnel reduces the amount of shards, so this would only have about two.
    Also has more falloff, which even with the bigger amount of power results in a lower effective radius.

My recommendation: don't

C4

As for C4

Omni basicly means you can use whats needed, the reason its split into 2 seperate containers is that you might want to use Smoke, or Phosphorus, or make it Fireball

40u Cyclo
    60u ANFO
    10u Omni
    10u Iron
    Large Beaker

20u Ethanol
    20u Napalm
    10u Hydrogen
    10u Omni
    Small Beaker
    Smoke is mixed with three chems at a 1:1 ratio. And it scales with amount, so 20 units is not enough. It'll just result in all your chems getting vented in like a single tile radius.
    If we replace it with 20u napalm, it slightly boosts the fire stats, but the whole thing is still quite lacking. 121,5 power with 38 falloff results in about 4 tiles radius. The fire is... decent, I guess? With the 20 more napalm it has maxed out radius, 17 intensity and 29 duration. So, decent. The ten shards probably won't do much, but they certainly don't hurt.

My recommendation:
    - 40 napalm
    - 40 ethanol
    - 100 octo
    Maxed out fire stats (since that seems to be the point) and, since we can't really get both decent falloff and power now, maximizing power is preferred. Using 100 anfo will get you a SLIGHTLY bigger radius, but the power will be basically nonexistent.

Its just called Big Bang (Pure)-Giga

80u Octogen
    100u ANFO

This combination makes the falloff 14, which is stupidly small, basicly, more damage at the outskirts of the explosion
    Good. But. Minimum falloff for ALL casings is 25. Can't get it lower regardless of what you do.

ROCKETS

Thunderclap WAN

120u Octogen
    60u ANFO
    Good. About 4 tiles radius, so this won't gib the user and is plenty powerful enough to fuck up the xenos.

Lightning Strike DFR

150u Octogen
    20u Ammonium Nitrate (Nitra)
    10u Iron
    Kind of a downgrade from the last one. Same thing but with shrap and a WAY shittier radius.

My recommendation: If you want to make a concentrated explosive, activate blast wave dampening on the casing instead of increasing falloff with ammonium nitrate. Right click on it, then press "activate blast wave dampening". That makes falloff double every tile, which results in an uneven spread of damage. Basically, the center will be WAY more deadly than the edges, but the radius will still be small.
    Shrap... I'm just not a fan, especially on rockets. It has much less FF potential on igniter+igniter claymores and mortar shells. Although it could probably be good IF the user is alone, about to die, and good at SADAR.

Crackling Light WAN

30u CF3
    30u Napalm
    20u Ethanol
    10u Hydogen
    90u Octogen
    The explosion is nearly harmless outside of a 1 tile range because of the ridiculous falloff. And don't use CLF3. It's never worth it. ESPECIALLY with octo. CLF3 increases intensity by a lot and nukes both radius and duration. The intensity cap for rockets is 30. Which is already reached just by using octo. CLF3 literally downgrades this.

My recommendation: Don't bother with incend rockets. But if someone is constantly asking for one and you don't want to tell him to fuck off:
    - 180 ethanol
    You can't get a decent explosion on good incend rockets. The radius will basically always be about 1-2 tiles, because you can't both get low falloff and good power with incend chems in the mix, since octo lowers radius and duration.
    So why 180 ethanol and not something else? It's free. Research can get you any amount of ethanol, given enough time. Napalm, on the other hand, uses phoron. Which is available in limited supply.

Mortar shells

End of Days (NUKE)

150u Octogen
    60u ANFO
    30u Iron

This is 24 Falloff 360 EP of "Fuck you" and 30u Iron for "NO fucks were given today"
    Reminder that minimum falloff is 25. Just in case.
    Otherwise this is pretty good. I never really bothered with shrap, but shells shouldn't be anywhere near marines anyway, so this should be good.
    Last edited by Sigil; 02-16-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Sigil
    Thanks for the feedback, though i do have some several notes
    first on the list is the the first nade, its ment to be quick, easy and possible to produce quickly while the Paraforma is cooking for the SADAR rockets, you cant produce it quickly enough if you go with napalm, though i do like the idea or 30/30 split
    The second nade is a quick burst, its ment to be tthrown in with other nades, a good knockdown nade, its not ment to be thrown in by itself

The C4 is a base, it can be combined with pretty much anything to make it better, its the best base i can come up with, its average+ but it gets better depending what you add, its also ment for T1 killing (FOB defence)
    though the correction you made is a differant beast, maybe make it your own thing

As for the rocket.... its ment to only have 1 tile radius, it is a.... direct fire rocket, ment to kill just the target, the reason for the shrap is when the rocket hits the target the shrapnel will only hit the target, it wont spread out so its perfectly safe to use with marines around (though i do understand the hessidency)
    The fire rocket can be improved on i will admit, its been awhile since ive had to create it since most of the folks who asked for it dont much play sadar anymore

The mortar has been tried tested and true and has been one of my most prized creations (even if it isnt all that complicated)

Thanks for the input Sigil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main reason I don't like concentrated blast OT rockets is that it's basically a more expensive stock AP. It has WAY more power than the stock AP rocket, but no actual AP stat, so it ends up doing about the same damage to heavily armoured targets like T3s. So I usually make the ones with a bigger radius, since that way it's not just a more expensive AP, but a much more damaging HE.

As for the second nade, it just kinda seems all over the place. Especially the 20u taken up for a miniscule amount of incend shrapnel. If the purpose is knockdown, using a maxcap HE would probably be better, since landing a small radius stun is fairly difficult, and marines have those in the shape of HEDP nades, especially if an SL is using the mk1. So:
    Before octo is done:
    - 120 ANFO
    - 60 cyclo

With octo:
    - 60 octo
    - 90 anfo
    - 30 hydrogen OR 20 hydrogen and 10 ethanol, depending on what you need more: fire radius or damage. I'd personally choose the ethanol for damage, as otherwise this has only 8 intensity.

Another option is 5 CLF3 and 25 hydrogen, but that can be annoying to mix. Provides the same radius as the ethanol option with more intensity.

In any case, the fire won't do much, since the duration is basically microscopic, but we can't really increase both it and radius to a decent degree, and radius is usually more important. The problem, of course, is that marines will probably hit each other with the nades more consistently than the xenos, but at that point it's not really the OT's problem anymore.
    Last edited by Sigil; 02-17-2021 at 01:31 PM.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor