Infinity38 - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Infinity38

Marine Name
    Wyatt Powers & Anthony

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Jath'Zoka

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes

Yautja Character Story
    Many clans have different traditions and customs that are unique and the Zoka clan is one of them.
    The Zoka clan specializes in craftsmanship and as such worships Dlex � the Goddess of Lodges and Craftmanship. The members of the Zoka clan must craft a piece of artwork about their hunt to worship Dlex. The art and design of the artwork is how you show off your hunt in this clan as there can be many ways to show it. From young, in addition to basic combat training, the members of Zoka are taught how to tan the hide of the prey, cleaning the bones and make artwork out of wood, leather and bones. They would then bring the artwork they have made to the elders for evaluation to reach blooded status. Some would use the hide of their prey for their handicrafts. There are also clanmates that would use the bones of their prey to make jewelry or even skull carvings with ceremonial dagger.

Jath�Zoka was born in Yautja Prime to the Zoka clan. After he completed his training on art and crafts and became a young blood, he and the other young bloods were assigned a task by the clan elders to craft an artwork or handicraft using materials they obtained from their hunt. After obtaining the materials on the planet from his hunt, Jath�Zoka wondered how to display his hunt through an artwork or handicraft. He thought of an idea � he started tanning the hide of his prey and after a few weeks it was completed. Next, he would draw an image of him fighting his prey on a paper as detailed as possible before transferring it onto the leather. The next step is the most important part of leather carving which is to soak the leather in water and then letting it dry to the right level of moisture. If it�s too dry, the indentations will fade gradually over time. Too wet, the leather will not be carved well. This was one of the first teachings that were taught to the members of Zoka clan. After a few hours, the leather would have been properly cased and it would be the time for Jath�Zoka to start his work.

He would carve the image he drew on the leather with his ceremonial dagger. This is an important step as he must be extremely meticulous and sharp to carve the drawing with his dagger without damaging the leather. A few hours passed, and he have completed his work, but he had to double check his artwork repeatedly for any flaws to ensure that his artwork would satisfy the elder�s desires. Even after checking his artwork many times, he was still not satisfied and showed his artwork to his clanmates for any errors and their feedbacks on it. He has high expectations of himself, he wanted his first artwork presented to the elders to be as beautiful and perfect as possible to worship Dlex. Any half-hearted work cannot cut it as Jath�Zoka believes that it�s a disrespect to Dlex and the clan itself.
    Finally, after a few days of adjustments to improve his artwork, Jath�Zoka passes the clan elder his leather artwork, the elder stayed silent for a few minutes before speaking, �This is it. What a beautiful artwork and craftsmanship. Good work Jath, I know you put in a lot of effort into this.� The clan elder passed the artwork back to Jath as he replied, �Yeah, it took me a month to complete this artwork and the amount of time and effort is worth it for Dlex.� The clan elder replied, �This is the right attitude, I hope you would be able to show me more of your interesting hunts.� Jath nodded and began to prepare for his next hunt.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Jath would be the meticulous,sharp and patience type due to his clan training in craftsmanship. Because of this, he would really be careful about picking a worthy prey to hunt as he have to draw out an image of him fighting his prey before transferring it onto the skin of his prey. Not just any prey would do - it has to be the worthy kind for Jath to draw out the hunt. In order to find a worthy prey for Jath, he would observe the fights like a hawk, paying attention to every bits of the fight.

As for the drawing, I will do it by emoting with a pen and paper. For the leather carving, I will emote out carving the artwork on the skin of my prey with ceremonial dagger.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    For a honor duel, the yautja has to initiate the challenge and must provide the one who is challenged with a suitable hand-to-hand weapon. You can also challenge a yautja to a honor duel. If the opponent issues the challenge without being challenged by the yautja, they will be deemed unworthy. Any sort of ranged weapons are absolutely not allowed in a honor duel. The duel must be fought as honorable as possible, if the opponent is knocked down or disarmed, the yautja would let them recover and pick up the weapon before fighting again. To this end, some yautjas would even handicap themselves by stripping themselves of their armor so that it would provide some sort of challenge to themselves. Nobody else can interfere with a honor duel and if they do, they will be considered unworthy and ranged weapons can be used against them.

For a hunt, it would be when the yautja does not initiate the challenge and just fight with the melee weapons.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Jath will show and praise how good his artwork is to the other predators. After that, he would tell the other predators how his hunt went that lead him to draw the artwork. Additionally, he would also tell the others how much time and effort he put into creating this artwork to worship his Goddess - Dlex.
    He will tell his fellow brothers and sisters to be careful in their hunt and not be too eager as it will lead to mistakes.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    Personally, I believe that my gimmick would be interesting and new for the roleplay with other predators. I also find the yautja culture fascinating and unique. Because of this, I read up the lore about the predators and became interested in it.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Infinity38; 02-05-2019 at 04:12 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks you fell into the pitfall of describing your gimmick more than your Yautja, its an interesting idea and could have worked out as a story if you demonstrated Jath's meticulous hunting style.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the lack of hunting or combat. You described your quirk really well and could probably have included more personality, but I get an idea of your predator with the story and your description combined.
    Add a enter in these parts:
    "carvings with ceremonial dagger.

Jath�Zoka was born in Yautja Prim"

You are synthetic whitelisted, so you have shown competence in RP. That is always a positive.

I would have preferred you fill out the other sections a bit more, noticeably the "How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?" section, but that being said, I think you pass on the minimum requirements of an application. You'll likely make a fine predator, so I'll give this a +1.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I kinda thought this was going to be a case of 'To much gimmick', but surprisingly I like this. Your Pred could be fleshed out a bit more in terms of personality and what drives him, but overall this is not a bad app. You're on the Synthetic WL so we know that you can RP. You also have a decent amount of playtime under your sleeve, and you don't have a negative history attached to you.

I'll +1 this. Show me what you can do with this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told to give more constructive feedback on predator applications.

I know you're a long time player and your notes reflect that as you've stayed out of trouble since last May. I don't have issue with the quirk/gimmick as it's similar to what Jakkk does. In fact I think it could work just fine.

The story itself falls into the trap of going more into the "I make arts and crafts" than your actual predator.

Basically the story wasn't bad, but like Rob said it could be more fleshed out.

How would your predator react to another youngblood saying something to the effect of "Your Artwork is foolish, and a young pup can draw better than you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a long time player and your notes are pretty good, I like your gimmick and it'd fit in just fine, I like how the focus of the story is on his making stuff but I feel like you could have added more of your character into it.

Synth whitelist is good too and I quite enjoy seeing Anthony running around, I'd like to see your answer to Thesoldier's question before I make my final decision however.
    my first non combat medal

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is nothing against the player making the application, but I'd hate to see Pred apps accepted based on past merits instead of the content, Predator applications are supposed to be difficult for a reason. Though everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I was told to give more constructive feedback on predator applications.

I know you're a long time player and your notes reflect that as you've stayed out of trouble since last May. I don't have issue with the quirk/gimmick as it's similar to what Jakkk does. In fact I think it could work just fine.

The story itself falls into the trap of going more into the "I make arts and crafts" than your actual predator.

Basically the story wasn't bad, but like Rob said it could be more fleshed out.

How would your predator react to another youngblood saying something to the effect of "Your Artwork is foolish, and a young pup can draw better than you."
    Jath understands that everyone is different and not everyone will appreciate his artwork. Because of this, he hopes to find someone that isn't from his clan who will appreciate his artwork. Jath will also take this opportunity to further improve his artwork.
    Last edited by Infinity38; 02-06-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity38 View Post
    Jath understands that everyone is different and not everyone will appreciate his artwork. Because of this, he hopes to find someone that isn't from his clan who will appreciate his artwork. Jath will also take this opportunity to further improve his artwork.
    I understand that this is not my place at all regarding I am not whitelisted or at all a mentor or admin but I would like to add my own opinion if it is allowed and if it is not I am sincerely sorry. But Yautja are extremely proud. Even in the lore it states "Even a youngblood will try to act as if he is gods gift to the world" Even though some predators aren't as "honor" bound as others if a pup or someone of a lower ranking or same rank even so much as scoffs at something a Yautja considers worthy of his time and effort that is incintive for an assbeating of epic proportions. What people tend to forget is that Yautja aren't just roaming around 20-25 years old and full of testosterone these hunters are HUNDREDS of years old. Yautja don't really respond well to critism as a whole and I'm sorry if I'm coming off assholish or I'm putting in my two cents where it doesn't belong but this is just my personal opinion. Sorry if this offends or is against any rules just my own opinion. (if I am not allowed to reply feel free to delete post)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity38 View Post
    Gonna be honest with you, that's the wrong answer.
    Yaujta are a proud race and another youngblood insulting your art work is still an insult.

I know you're a long time player, but on this one you put more effort into the "Arts and Crafts" aspect over the actual predator aspect.

Sorry guy, I'm not feeling it here.