Byond ID?
    thespy24574

CM Character?
    Andy Marcotte

Are you 16 or older?
    No

Timezone
    PST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Very wild time schedule, I can at least guarantee 2 to 4 hours maybe more or less.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Paradise station, and fulpstation are the main ones I play when CM is in the lower pop numbers

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...ic-Application [Denied]
    //showthrea...ja-Application [Pending at this time]

I could not find any others either because they been deleted or just wouldn't show for me. And yes 3 denied and 1 still pending not a good look but It was always gonna look bad at some point.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Not currently.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No, been banned for 3 hours for EROG which I presume have a note on.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I don't recall being banned for more than 24 hours recently or that I can remember at least. I usually stick to the rules.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Quite. I have done alot as a administrator organizing shit.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    PM both the player who shoot and the arresting MP to figure out what had happened Depending on their responses I will either give a warning and note OR at end of the round, give a small job ban or something along those lines.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    PM both people and get a better understanding of the situation, ask the predator to defend his actions with the Predator HC pulled up on my second monitor. If the predator is in violation of HC I will notify a Predator council member of this predator's violation of HC. If the predator is not in violation of HC I will let the predator go and tell the Person making the report why I came to this decision.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would PM him to ask if he is new. If he is I would suggest to him that he seek a fellow marine or the SEA that is usually there for advice. And if he needed anymore help to just PM me back.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Normally I would attempt to ask why he is angry with me and to stop calling names as Moderators and Admins are usually people who are stressed with work and whatnot.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would ask the player why he thinks the name John Doe is a name that couldn't be used ingame. As John Doe is still a name no matter what past is attached to it.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would PM the MT why he is wearing armor and a weapon at Sec level Green, and would remind him of SOP and MT is a non combative and should not be wearing armor and carrying a rifle when there is no threat to you or the ship.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Seeing as the survivor openly stated he did infact kill a marine. I would ask if he was spawned as a CLF? if he wasnt then I would notify him that it is against the rules of the server, as survivor, to be hostile to the marines that land UNLESS you were spawned as CLF. I would then make a note of this incident on their thing and move on.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would get both sides of the argument and act on from there. Most likely saying to go for a Appeal

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would QM the remaining aliens, if I was pushed to intervene and make either side to make a move. "You are the last few surviving, Disappointing do something and end this 'game' you are playing and hopefully you will take down one or two of them." Along those lines.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would PM the medic To see if he was new to his role as medic, if he isnt I'd ask that he knew he was ODing every patient he gotten to. Depending on his response from there I would either warn him or worse if it was blatant Griefing.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    The marine can still technically fire his weapon at a hostile thing along as its not griefing

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would message both sides to get a bigger picture of what has happened, Depending on how much and how long he has done this. This is a MP thing to take care of but if he starts attacking then a warning and/or note will be placed.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would tell down the marine who had killed, and say to follow proper escalation and not to go straight to your weapon. Depending on what the person says/does a note or warning may be placed/said.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would tell the marines who are doing the improper Mutiny to chill and follow the rules of doing a mutiny. And if they do want to, that they have to ahelp for a mutiny to start.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Seeing is as a possible rule 3 violation however minor of a violation it is, it is still not tolerated. I will leave a note on the person who said the racist comment.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Seeing this as Griefing which did disrupt the flow and timing of the whole game I do thing a ban is in order. How long for griefing I don't know at this point, I'd think 3 days is good enough of a ban. Of course a aheal might be in order if I am allowed to do so.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Seeing this happen, it is a breakage of rule 2 roleplay. A Conversation asking why they ran straight towards the front after they bursted and then a note/warning about breaking rule 2.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would PM saying To not say meme words and insulting the queen as it would be breaking rule 2 for xeno standards. If he continues a note/warning/job ban from xeno may be issued

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would notify that yes it is LRP but I wouldn't warn/note someone for it.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Seeing as the marines know of the existence of the xenos but due to recent conflicts they'd expect it to be a human threat, not alien. I'd PM the Command staff player about this.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Killing another marine without a good reason shouldn't be done. If the person was infected and there wasnt a doc or synth in the pod with you then I assume it'd be the next best thing to not have a baby larva with you. But any other way and I wouldn't be as bent from the rules.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Which slander isn't really apricated and I will likely note them for being very rude I cant actually do anything worse than a note for mouthing off on something they did.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I wouldn't or just say: Cyro is an option if you do have to go SSD. And I cant remove larva just because you were in a bad spot to go SSD.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would fix said problem with the original ahelper and tell why I did the the staff that originally responded to the ahelp why I did.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Normally I'd get a more senior staff member online or I'd do nothing as it might worsen the argument.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Honest, for the higher chance of me being recognized and trusted with WLs. Along with the perks of being a Moderator of course.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The ability to keep a clean mind and professional way of speaking. As a way of acting superior but not looking down at people. Grounded but with power above others.

Anything else you
    I know having 2 applications at the same time is really a bad idea BUT it has seemed my predator WL at this time has crawled to a stand still and I wanted to do something while I was waiting for people to respond on it.

I do expect to have this application to be denied for really any reason.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM both people and get a better understanding of the situation, ask the predator to defend his actions with the Predator HC pulled up on my second monitor. If the predator is in violation of HC I will notify a Predator council member of this predator's violation of HC. If the predator is not in violation of HC I will let the predator go and tell the Person making the report why I came to this decision.
    I'm busy right now so I can't fully review this but I will comment on this. You're not on the council, nor are you a whitelisted predator, so you can't really be the judge of whether the predator messed up or not. You can ask the victim to file a report or contact the council, or tell the council yourself, but you can't really determine whether they messed up or not. If a predator does break a rule and you let them go and tell the player they didn't break a rule, then the council might never find out about it.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I'm busy right now so I can't fully review this but I will comment on this. You're not on the council, nor are you a whitelisted predator, so you can't really be the judge of whether the predator messed up or not. You can ask the victim to file a report or contact the council, or tell the council yourself, but you can't really determine whether they messed up or not. If a predator does break a rule and you let them go and tell the player they didn't break a rule, then the council might never find out about it.
    This is true that I am not a WL pred and cant really judge on whether the predator messed up. What I meant by this if the predator obviously broke or if it was in the grey area for the HC where he/she might have broken the rules. But if the Predator was Obviously Justified then yeah I would let the predator go.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    PM both the player who shoot and the arresting MP to figure out what had happened Depending on their responses I will either give a warning and note OR at end of the round, give a small job ban or something along those lines.
    You wouldn't give a jobban over this. Jobban are when someone is explicetly abusing their role. For example a medic intentionally ODing people or an MP abusing marine law. For most rule breaches we don't jobban. What would you do if it was an accidental misfire? And what would you do if you believed the action was grief? It's okay that you don't know exact procedures, just show me your line of thinking.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Fortellian already touched on this. We don't handle honor code violations full stop, even when the honor code is blatantly breached. In this event you tell the player to file a report. You are not supposed to be able to make a call on whether the predator was justified or not.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would ask the player why he thinks the name John Doe is a name that couldn't be used ingame. As John Doe is still a name no matter what past is attached to it.
    "Ranked, titled, honorific, offensive, famous and pop-culture names are not allowed (e.g. Dr John Smith, Barack Obama, Lt John Doe, Adolf Hitler)" As is staed by the rules. John Smith is a famous place holder name and therefore isn't allowed. Knowing this, how would you deal with it?

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would PM the MT why he is wearing armor and a weapon at Sec level Green, and would remind him of SOP and MT is a non combative and should not be wearing armor and carrying a rifle when there is no threat to you or the ship.
    No, we don't with SOP and Marine Law. We have Military Police for a reason, Unless someone is breaking a server rule, we let it be handled IC.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Seeing as the survivor openly stated he did infact kill a marine. I would ask if he was spawned as a CLF? if he wasnt then I would notify him that it is against the rules of the server, as survivor, to be hostile to the marines that land UNLESS you were spawned as CLF. I would then make a note of this incident on their thing and move on.
    When would you consider a jobban for doing this? Would you consider it as grief and if so would you aheal the marine? Why or why not?

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?I would PM the medic To see if he was new to his role as medic, if he isnt I'd ask that he knew he was ODing every patient he gotten to. Depending on his response from there I would either warn him or worse if it was blatant Griefing.
    Absolutely incorrect. We *never* intervene on issue that are personnaly effecting us. If ths happens ahelp it or ask another mod to deal with you. YOu cannot be impartial on these decisions.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.I would get both sides of the argument and act on from there. Most likely saying to go for a Appeal

Assuming that the player was accurate in his report, would all you do would be to file an appeal? Military Police are required to follow marine law, and moderators are also supposed to have a firm grasp of it. What would the correct sentence for this crime be and how would you resolve the issue? Remember being permabrigged takes a player out of the round so it is fairly serious.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Seeing this as Griefing which did disrupt the flow and timing of the whole game I do thing a ban is in order. How long for griefing I don't know at this point, I'd think 3 days is good enough of a ban. Of course a aheal might be in order if I am allowed to do so.
    This would be the textbook case of when you use an aheal.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would notify that yes it is LRP but I wouldn't warn/note someone for it.
    Rule 2: "Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable." This is an acceptable use of langauge. Knowing this how would you handle it?

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.Killing another marine without a good reason shouldn't be done. If the person was infected and there wasnt a doc or synth in the pod with you then I assume it'd be the next best thing to not have a baby larva with you. But any other way and I wouldn't be as bent from the rules.
    IC the pods can only fit 3 people. A delta alert is a life or death situation and this would be allowed.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Which slander isn't really apricated and I will likely note them for being very rude I cant actually do anything worse than a note for mouthing off on something they did.
    Rule 0: "If a staff member gives you an instruction or makes a ruling, do not argue with the staff member and follow the instruction/accept the ruling. You may file a staff report on the forums or take it up with their manager directly if you do not agree with the decision made after the round ends. Arguing with a staff member may lead to you being punished. Staff members are volunteers and will not tolerate toxicity or hostility during the course of their duties."
    You may absolutely do something worse than give them a note. This level of hostily to staff can be met with a ban or being muted from OOC/dchat. We volunteer our time to help people on this server and we do not have to let people insult us.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Honest, for the higher chance of me being recognized and trusted with WLs. Along with the perks of being a Moderator of course.
    Being a mod is not about recognition or perks, it's about trying to help people and making this server a better place to be on.

Almost all of your answers were incorrect, some of them showing almost complete lack of knowledge of our rules. This applications looks slapped together and poorly researched. I have to give this a strong -1. And recommend you withdraw and reapply at a later time when you better understand the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalkguy View Post
    You wouldn't give a jobban over this. Jobban are when someone is explicetly abusing their role. For example a medic intentionally ODing people or an MP abusing marine law. For most rule breaches we don't jobban. What would you do if it was an accidental misfire? And what would you do if you believed the action was grief? It's okay that you don't know exact procedures, just show me your line of thinking.

Fortellian already touched on this. We don't handle honor code violations full stop, even when the honor code is blatantly breached. In this event you tell the player to file a report. You are not supposed to be able to make a call on whether the predator was justified or not.

"Ranked, titled, honorific, offensive, famous and pop-culture names are not allowed (e.g. Dr John Smith, Barack Obama, Lt John Doe, Adolf Hitler)" As is staed by the rules. John Smith is a famous place holder name and therefore isn't allowed. Knowing this, how would you deal with it?

No, we don't with SOP and Marine Law. We have Military Police for a reason, Unless someone is breaking a server rule, we let it be handled IC.

When would you consider a jobban for doing this? Would you consider it as grief and if so would you aheal the marine? Why or why not?

Absolutely incorrect. We *never* intervene on issue that are personnaly effecting us. If ths happens ahelp it or ask another mod to deal with you. YOu cannot be impartial on these decisions.

Assuming that the player was accurate in his report, would all you do would be to file an appeal? Military Police are required to follow marine law, and moderators are also supposed to have a firm grasp of it. What would the correct sentence for this crime be and how would you resolve the issue? Remember being permabrigged takes a player out of the round so it is fairly serious.

This would be the textbook case of when you use an aheal.

Rule 2: "Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable." This is an acceptable use of langauge. Knowing this how would you handle it?

IC the pods can only fit 3 people. A delta alert is a life or death situation and this would be allowed.

Rule 0: "If a staff member gives you an instruction or makes a ruling, do not argue with the staff member and follow the instruction/accept the ruling. You may file a staff report on the forums or take it up with their manager directly if you do not agree with the decision made after the round ends. Arguing with a staff member may lead to you being punished. Staff members are volunteers and will not tolerate toxicity or hostility during the course of their duties."
    You may absolutely do something worse than give them a note. This level of hostily to staff can be met with a ban or being muted from OOC/dchat. We volunteer our time to help people on this server and we do not have to let people insult us.

Being a mod is not about recognition or perks, it's about trying to help people and making this server a better place to be on.

Almost all of your answers were incorrect, some of them showing almost complete lack of knowledge of our rules. This applications looks slapped together and poorly researched. I have to give this a strong -1. And recommend you withdraw and reapply at a later time when you better understand the rules.
    Well It seems I don't have a good grasp of the rules. And I doubt I will be able to sway your opinion on the matter. Noted. Well I could make a new response for everything you touched on but doing so would be quite odd in my opinion with how you done this. I will think about withdrawing but I do want to see other people's Reponses if any will happen. Thanks for the insight and letting me see what I am lacking in areas of my knowledge.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really would like to see you apply at another time, i don't mean to discourage you. But you need a better grasp of rules and policies before you are ready to become a moderator.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna have to go with Schalkguy on this, I believe that you're going to need a much better grasp on our rules if we are to trust you with enforcing them.

I would like to see you apply again in the future after you take the time to study the rules in depth.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken record here; apply at another time. Use what you learn from this application in the next. You will likely be welcome the next time, but I can't support this due to the answers being either harsh or oblivious.
    Synthetic Whitelist - Brian Predator Whitelist - Baln'frim Arvhek
    Trial Moderator: 3/29/2020 - 4/4/2020 || Moderator: 4/4/2020 - 7/16/2020 || Moderator: 2/12/2021 - 5/27/21 || Discord Staffmember: 2/28/21 - 5/27/21
    Logs filed for reports: 5

Discord: rin#0142
    Moderation Staff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the mods have shared their opinion quite well and enough has been said really. Just re-apply 30 days from now, be sure to read the rules over again. Denied.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present