User Tag List

Thread: Stobarico - Developer Application (Mapper)

Donor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stobarico - Developer Application (Mapper)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Stobarico

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Mapper

If Coder, what languages?
    -

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    Yep, i have like... 3 WIP maps currently that i never finished, and one finished map

Proof of any previous or current work:
    (All of the links are actually imgur galleries)

1 - SCP13 Site 22 (Mainly WIP, some parts were not made by me as i was reworking the map they had, so i tried to capture the parts i did): https://imgur.com/a/w3K6qdW

2 - FTL13 Spaceship Andromeda (Actually almost done, fully made by me): https://imgur.com/a/jOQCUDq

3 - FTL13 Spaceship Corvega (Mostly not even started, fully made by me):
    https://imgur.com/a/xOXfqr1

4 - FTL13 Destroyed Factory (Finished):
    https://imgur.com/a/NmmBOr2

How well do you know Git?
    I'm familiar with Github, i've used it a lot on FTL13.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I am also able to sprite, however, i didn't add that into the main things since my sprites mostly suck comparing to the ones present in CM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Stobarico,
    A lot of what we're looking for right now would involve looking asset current map issues and fixing them up instead of working on brand new content maps. I know that's not massively appealing to most people. How would you feel about this? Do you think you would be able to coordinate with the current team in splitting up tasks to work on?

Donor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like some maps could use a bit of change, so, i'm up to it. And i don't think i would have much problems coordinating with the current team

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few more questions
    Do you know how to rebase a git branch?
    What tool do you use for git?
    In terms of gameplay, what do you believe should be changed about ice colony?

Donor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do, but i've been using merge more often than rebase, since rebase bugged out my tool once and made me lose a bunch of progress.
    I use GitKraken.
    At the moment i don't really know, i would have to take a better look at the map to be sure, but my idea would be something related to either the northern part of the colony (Wich in the current form is barely used) and the underground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Stobarico,
    I spent some time asking around the staff team, as well as the dev team, about your presence within the community before seriously considering your application. While I'm eager to bring on new members onto the mapping team, overall responses suggested that you can be a fairly aggressive person, as well as somewhat toxic. There are a few members on the development team that share the same concern, and we wouldn't want to have someone on the team if we can't work with them.
    While personally I have not experienced this reaction from you- I haven't interacted with you at all, to be honest.

If you are serious in wanting to join the development team, I would suggest you prove to the community that you can change your attitude. I hope you understand the decision, please don't take it the wrong way.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cakey; 02-12-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Closed