Date of Incident
    February 20, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Brett McMatherson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Araclain

Accused Character Name
    Brooke Wells

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    Round started at 11:21 UTC-6

What rule(s) were broken:
    CO guidelines

Description of the incident:
    SO Joseph 'Cake Thief' Jonger has used flash button in briefing and flashed around ten marines, that were waiting for briefing. I classified it as Assault charge and told MP Miller to arrest Jonger for Assault. CO Brooke Wells, however, disagreed with this charge and told MPs to release Jonger, because she did not consider it (flashing ten marines using briefing flash) to be a crime. I refused to do so and told Wells to follow appeal or pardon procedure. CO threatened to charge me with sedition, if I won't comply, I still refused to do it.

Due to it, CO came to brig to BE me. I was saved from BE by new system of mateba bullets (that does not allow COs to conduct BE without certain bullet types) and two MPs, who decided to tase and cuff CO (I was later told by Miller, that she feared, that she would be BE'ed next).

MP Beard carried me to medbay to get treated. After treatment I went to my office and locked shutters down, Captain Wells allowed me to calmly do it and deployed to planet.

Later I got Arrest Order on CO as fax response. Once I notified CO about it, she returned to Almayer and complied with arrest. She asked me to cryo her and I told her, that she can use cryo cells in common room.

I would like to add, that SO's timer was never started. My actions I motivated by the fact, that it was not edge case of Marine Law and thus CO ordered us to ignore Major Crime, which is unlawful order.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Spoiler Spoiler:

How you would punish the accused:
    Warning. If in the end of report Managers will decide, that I broke rules instead, I would ask to be punished for it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removing a player even temporarily from the round because he pressed a button once and stunned a dozen stationary marines for 20 seconds is utterly despicable and completely unacceptable behavior. Refusing to simply let him go when the CO orders it is fundamentally low RP and tantamount to griefing. I stand by my decision to BE the CMP. I would do it again. I cannot stand this kind of powertripping from MPs, it makes me furious.

As for the CO guidelines, I made my decision full well knowing it would get me in trouble. Do with me what you will.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, if pressing the briefing flasher now must be interpreted as assault by Marine Law according to Word of God, you may as well de-WL me now, because I will not enforce that on my ship. It's completely idiotic. I'd rather just go play outside.

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Council and senior Management has discussed this and decided that a De-WL is necessary for Araclain due to this.

Resolved.