User Tag List

Thread: hahaomg - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaomg - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Hahaomg
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Carl "Kawwwrl" McClark
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    -
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Queen
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    N/A
    Total Ban Duration
    Perm i think
    Remaining Duration
    Perm
    What other servers do you play on?
    Goonstation RP 1
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Never banned on any other servers.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    I was banned for creating a gas chamber during my Queen round very late into the day. When I am queen, I usually try and change it up so its fun for the hive. In this instance, I tried to make an execution chamber via gas for the last survivor on Almayer. I never intended to execute via gas chamber to recreate the holocaust or anything (which the admin thought I was). It was just another fun and unique way of executing survivors besides gibbing as the queen. Players took it the wrong way and I understand how it would offend them. I won't do it again. After the round ended I exited out of BYOND and went to bed. Admin banned me while I was gone I guess.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I didn't even know I was banned until I logged back in the day after. Also didn't know I was also perma job banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't edit and forgot to add to this part

Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I didn't even know I was banned until I logged back in the day after. Also didn't know I was also perma job banned. I just waited the 3 day ban and logged back. Didn't notice I was job banned until now. Couldn't print screen the reason for ban or record anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is the same one that I was there for ( how many gas Chambers are there?) But it was multiple times at least three, in LZ, alamo, and almire. All in all around 10 people were gassed. Unless of course, this is a different round than the one I'm thinking of. Sorry if so.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure either but I would've stopped if someone said they took it the wrong way and said it was offensive. I remember building a chamber on LZ where we had a marine in there trapped for the Alamo to crush him. The second one I built a cage where we gassed the last tall for Almayer. It was just something I wanted to change up instead of the boring routine of hijacking.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for hahaomg:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I get the name of the person who banned me? I know for a fact that I can't ever be on during the mornings and it looks like 14 hours after I logged off without warnings from any admins, I was then banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The name of the person who banned you is not relevant. Why do you think you should be unbanned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because my intention was to create a fun way of executing talls, not to reenact how Nazis used the gas chamber. Not a single person (including whoever wrote those notes) told me people took it the wrong way and to stop. I would've immediately stopped if anyone found it offensive. Everyone was having fun with it, not a single complaint. Like I said before, queens trap last tall on Alamyer or groundside to gib people alive, fling the tall around, stomp them to death with crusher, decap with warrior, acid spam them, gas, etc. Every xeno was having fun collecting and creating a room for a public execution xeno style. It seems quite overkill to perma job ban 4 hours after the offence took place with no interaction between the offender and the admin on something that wasn't very clear. It is evident from the note that the admin was uncertain of the ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just quickly read staff of conduct and protocol and I feel these were not really held up (I guess I should've made a staff report)

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    - We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.

I was under the intention no one had a single issue with it. Everyone was chill and having fun.
    1. Send a personal message (PM) to the violator asking them to explain their actions
    a. Give them a respectable time to respond. They might not be able to respond that second. If there is a group running and fighting put the individuals to sleep that seem to be causing an issue, inform them through LOOC or OOC that they've been put to sleep by a staff member, then deal with them accordingly. Make sure that other people don't steal from them or anything of the sort.

No one messaged me at all and there was plenty of time after gas execution.

2. Investigate the situation
    a. Contact anyone involved and get their side of the story. Also, check logs. It may not be immediately visible WHO caused the situation, and you may need to talk to several people to figure it out. Try to do this as quickly and efficiently.

I believe no admin investigated the situation thoroughly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some discussion, given the amount of notes you've accrued in the past few months, including one in the days since making this report, we've decided to deny this appeal.

You may try again in 30 days.