Date of Incident
    February 21, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Max Chavez

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Optimisticdude

Accused Character Name
    Jipahn-shih Nhon

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    3:30 probably a bit later

What rule(s) were broken:
    Lethal force?

Description of the incident:
    Hey I got decaped by a pred, my experience so far:
    Beginning of deployment Found a predator dragging off a marine so I shot at the predator ignorantly as a marine first seeing a predator with no info, then they attacked me. I got downed but then the pred threw me back to be rezzed, all cool, self defense.

Then around 1:10 round time a medic without me knowing why got into a fight with a pred and I remembered preds kill(bright guy eh?) so this time I didn't shoot or even go after them so the medic got dragged off. About three minutes later an Engi or someone talked with one to ask for them back. The engi said something like "the medic was-" Then I replied in a marine way "retarded" then asked for the medi back. No gun out, no hostile intent, then with no warning the pred begins to chase and attack me until he drags me off and decapitates me. I hadn't been paying attention to the pred and the engi since I had been focusing on the hive area to our left at the time so I came in ignorantly then realized they were talking about the medic from earlier, so I butted in to try and help. Then, maybe before or right after I asked for the medic back they said something like 'you'll need one two three jkdf8sj after jfdaik' which gave my slow mind an aneurysm thinking then they suddenly attacked.

Pretty sure this ain't right chief. I was just trying to help then abruptly got capped.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Since I myself aren't sure the buildup of the situation, why the pred didn't attack the engi or whoever instead of me, what I did, why they decapped instead of at least throwing me back like the pred from earlier, (which may've been the same pred but how in the world am I supposed to remember their mask or something after battling xenos, rearming, not even knowing their name, etc)

I say just tell them to rp better or make more obvious signs or try and defuse or challenge or anything but don't just zap a dude for not knowing. Maybe a light suspension or whatever you more knowledgable guys think, but for me I ask that even if I'm in the wrong and I provoked them, please try and get more descriptive roleplaying, after all its mrp yet barely anyone uses the ME verb, especially preds who (in game) can't verbally communicate well should at least use body language like in the movies.

A small
    [(Unknown) looks down on you and gets in a more fight ready stance]
    goes a long way in telling you to back off (to safety preferably) or know you're about to get clapped so it's at least something to do instead of run around like a chicken before getting clapped.

Thanks mods for reading my "essay for college" like champs.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes a marine worthy?

Armed, full HP, and not in combat. No more, no less.

You were prey, so you got killed. Simple as.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then again not hostile, not worthy there. Having a gun doesn't mean you will A) use it, or B) pose a real threat. Plus, simply attacking a guy (asking for their comrade with no ill intent) out of nowhere in no way heightens the roleplaying experience does it? This isn't Predator funtage, this is colonial marines, and kiliing a guy doesn't get you anywhere does it.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morals don't stop that I didn't break any HC rules killing you.

Preds are antags, treat them as such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just here to say I was the first pred who killed you, shooting at me made you worthy so I did what had to be done, then tossed you back to your people. But you seemed to understant that so that's all good.

But, one thing to note. Predators are "hunters", not duelist. Most of us act passively/nice because we don't wanna ruin the round or affect it too much yet people tend to think so long as they "don't attack us" that we cannot start a fight.

That is, wrong.

We are here to hunt marines/xenos for glory and honor. We don't have to get "permission" from someone to fight them. Most of the time we try to get "permission" because it's just us trying to act in good faith towards the community.

If we actually HAD and were FORCED to wait for someone to attack us before being able to fight back, what would be the point? Just sit there for 1-2 hours just praying someone fights us?

Anyways, uh. That's all I had to say.
    SA-M4, The suicidal xeno.
    Rozu 'Nasu' Ishina, Mous enjoyer.
    Clan Leader Va'Stba Ek-Thok, The blue cape cringe.
    Sakura, The anime synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I am quite new and this, THIS is what I needed to know. As xeno, the relationship between xeno and pred was never stated, as marine, all people said was don't shoot at them, and I figured, if I don't shoot, I'm not a target. This, this makes sense. The thing about preds as of now is they're just there to hang around then quickly jump in, kill a guy, run away, rinse and repeat. Fighting them isn't fun, they move faster than most xenos, hit harder, and many times are very mechanically adept so battle is short with little chance to even run away. Sure I get they are hunters for glory but in CM they just seem like that one annoying tumor that might kill you at any moment even if your doctor says you have six months left. Also it's a video game, insta kills aren't fun and end up with the marine grumbling because the op zigzagging lv 35 mafia boss chopped their balls off in a split second. Getting rko'd in a few seconds seems kind of silly in a stale-matey game of xenos vs humans that for all intents and purposes is balanced except for the Preds. Plus not sure if decapitation is unrevivable but if it is then fuck me that's cool to do but annoying to experience, if not then where's the medical tab that tells you this and other obscure medical facts?

Also could you slam a big PREDATORS CAN AND WILL KILL YOU AT ANY MOMENT WITHOUT REMORSE somewhere in the discord like a "faq for idiots" (along with other basic facts for newcomers) because putting it in a forum which is normally skippable for playing-while should be the norm-can really be ignored and my situation happens. Honestly don't care anymore, resolve it or something but like, even the guys in discord (bless their helpful souls) agreed killing my marine out of nowhere and chucking my head seems uncalled for.

In the end thanks for putting up with my ignorant bullshit, Optimisticdude, rock on bro, NekoSam thanks for clarifying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also idk about the wiki but I don't see the predator tab there and had to use my unga brain to find the predator honor code in here. If you want just tell me how to edit the wiki and I'll copy and paste it no problem bros.

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was getting ready to pull the logs for this incident, but from your latest post Mexrex, seems like you're reconsidering things. Do you want to retract this report or shall I continue and post the logs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say just retract, but as a serious suggestion could you add a channel in the discord that explains basic things like how predators are antags because my first experiences were semi neutral where either they just stood around or people tried to talk to them so it gets confusing for a newcomer which might lead to more confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have questions on how predator works, or literally anything related to predator just ask me in discord. NekoSam#2243, I'd be happy to help.
    SA-M4, The suicidal xeno.
    Rozu 'Nasu' Ishina, Mous enjoyer.
    Clan Leader Va'Stba Ek-Thok, The blue cape cringe.
    Sakura, The anime synth.