User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Thing CM should implement from TGMC

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played a bit of TGMC and the things that stuck out to me:

    > Marine weapons were actually lethal and did significant damage, xenos could not sit in front of a marine eating bullets like they can on CM
    > Marines were especially lethal once they got firing lines set up with people using the IFF ability that works with apparently ANY weapon
    > Xenos had to focus on probing/hit and run attacks and flanking, nevertheless in spite of being much less tanky than CM counterparts they were still able to fight and usually won those fights if they disrupted the IFF firing line (or there wasn't a firing line)
    > CAS didn't need 20 second long lases, attacks were heavily telegraphed but good pilots could queue up attacks to corral xenos and the strafes themselves actually killed or crit what they hit unlike the pathetic CAS that CM has (excepting fatties)
    > TGMC has much better wall sprites
    > TGMC Aliens actually get bloodied up as they take damage
    > Xenos could headbite corpses to perma them, which I'm still not sure if it works out okay or is absolutely dumb and terrible

    Overall TGMC felt like it had more play and counterplay to it, and wasn't stuck in this retarded rut CM is in right now with tanky xenos eating a billion bullets and marines relying on 4 good specs to literally do everything, neither of which things feel even slightly good for the average person playing. Maybe it's just that you can see the damage thanks to the sprite, but it really feels like you're using real weapons and not nerfdarts on TGMC. The average PFC doesn't feel like he's completely worthless in a fight against a xeno either.
    Last edited by Boersgard; 03-03-2021 at 03:34 AM.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to add that in TGMC very few guns can PB, and is not significant like in CM

    In CM privates are melee specs given how much damage you can do compared to range, and you dont have the whole design against 'screen range because otherwise is unfair.'

    as a Xeno in TG you sniff lights so they dont see you, and likewise, getting in the dark on TG is SCARY, and while is true you can die to a 1v1 vs a competent marine, two xenos against a lone marine is a death sentence.

    Not to mention the JOY is to play as a crusher in TG, you are a fucking train, and unlike in CM, you dont get fucked by a PFC with a mod88 or m39 with ap...

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbis View Post

    Not to mention the JOY is to play as a crusher in TG, you are a fucking train, and unlike in CM, you dont get fucked by a PFC with a mod88 or m39 with ap...
    No clue why crusher is not like that in CM. I played colonial marines and crusher charges like an unstoppable bull. In CM it just winds up and jumps. That's not a crusher that's a freaking cheetah.

    And yes 90% of weapons have IFF and they are amazing. You can even get a machine gun with 250 ammo drum, bipod, 2x scope and do crazy supressive fire damage from far.

    That just shows how a simple marine in TGMC can change the tide of battle, like as other said, xenos won't just stand in the bullets and eat them as they do little to no damage and heal up anyway, but FEAR bullets as ANY xeno can be killed by focus fire combines with the IFF.

    Like I've said in the other post, 3 of us killed a RAV from 100% hp in 5 seconds. And before you say marines are OP, hell no. xenos can shred you just as fast and their abilities are STRONG. Not just push this button to do +30% damage for 1 strike. Big wow. No, if they activate their abilities, all hell breaks lose and you run like a chicken because they WILL obliterate a squad in seconds if they do their team combos right.

    As for it's lower pop, in any given time in CM you are fighting with 10-15 marines. And you are not really fighting as you can't shoot from them. In TGMC you are also fighting with 15 marines, but you CAN help the battle due to IFF and the fact you can kill xenos actually pushes you to try your best to hit them, as in CM there is no real point shooting them with an L42 as it does no damage an they will just walk away to heal.

    And yeah seeing injured xenos...God I wish CM would implement these. I bet population and satisfaction would be waaaaay better than now.

  4. #34
    Member lanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    No clue why crusher is not like that in CM. I played colonial marines and crusher charges like an unstoppable bull. In CM it just winds up and jumps. That's not a crusher that's a freaking cheetah.

    And yes 90% of weapons have IFF and they are amazing. You can even get a machine gun with 250 ammo drum, bipod, 2x scope and do crazy supressive fire damage from far.

    That just shows how a simple marine in TGMC can change the tide of battle, like as other said, xenos won't just stand in the bullets and eat them as they do little to no damage and heal up anyway, but FEAR bullets as ANY xeno can be killed by focus fire combines with the IFF.

    Like I've said in the other post, 3 of us killed a RAV from 100% hp in 5 seconds. And before you say marines are OP, hell no. xenos can shred you just as fast and their abilities are STRONG. Not just push this button to do +30% damage for 1 strike. Big wow. No, if they activate their abilities, all hell breaks lose and you run like a chicken because they WILL obliterate a squad in seconds if they do their team combos right.

    As for it's lower pop, in any given time in CM you are fighting with 10-15 marines. And you are not really fighting as you can't shoot from them. In TGMC you are also fighting with 15 marines, but you CAN help the battle due to IFF and the fact you can kill xenos actually pushes you to try your best to hit them, as in CM there is no real point shooting them with an L42 as it does no damage an they will just walk away to heal.

    And yeah seeing injured xenos...God I wish CM would implement these. I bet population and satisfaction would be waaaaay better than now.
    Yeah, I personally prefer the old crusher we had too, in fact, it's the same one TGCM has iirc.

    but 90% of weapons having IFF is a total no-go as it makes the game far less punishing and more hand holdey than it already is - and this is arguably the easiest branch for both sides. The game not holding your hand used to be one of the things that made CM stand out from all the other servers. Having both sides equally power crept and knowing that one mistake could very well remove you from a round that could without a problem last up to 8 hours - yeah, that was great. Cades were also extremely strong back then but nobody seemed to hug them, all the fun was on the frontlines.

    both buckshot and QF M41s in 2018 could decimate any xeno that even dared to get close enough but any elder T1+ could one tap tackle the marine and drag them or their revivable corpse all the way to the hive. It was far more focused on mechanical skill input and clicking sprites rather than using abilities, CAS or OBs..
    Paincrit was extremely unforgiving, acid burns actually felt like acid burns, marines gibbed left and right, delimbs and decaps were so common that medical had to print prosthetics before the round had even started and there was no medevac, no epinephrine, instant acid glob & flamer husking, no ripping out shrapnel - nothing like that. Both sides were so unbalanced on paper but worked so well in theory that it made the game fun. People on both sides bold enough to make and properly execute big plays, flanks or cheesy strats were rewarded for it much more than they are now.

    Same goes for variety regarding weapons - it's cool but doesn't fit the CM setting and gameplay decisions. It already feels like CM has way too many weapons that don't even get used and suppressive fire is a whole another problem, as it's extremely one-sided and totally not fun for the opposing faction, getting hit by 4 stray bullets offscreen as a runner and having to wait 40 seconds to heal up is far from enjoyable. Same goes for HVH.
    Linda Woolard

    ''Another tax payer funded Delta safari''

  5. #35
    Senior Member CABAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,711
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post
    snip
    You forget that the time period you speak of was when there was mandatory 75% winrate for benos, so talking about things being balanced then is just picking nose and presenting "findings" with N O S T A L G I A.
    REDEMPTION

  6. #36
    Member ChiChii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man the alien experience on TGMC is so much better overall.

    - Old crusher exists
    - Xenos aren't turbo nerfed into the ground for being decent at their caste like on CM.
    - Every xeno can drag faster than a snail or has adequate CC to move bodies. (:
    - Hivemind, Defiler, Shrike, bull, just more castes and they all do unique stuff so you have more options for building a hive.
    - Every caste, EVEN DRONES (unlike on CM) do damage to marines without taking 40 million slashes or tackles.
    - Engages are fun and fast, but the rounds can be long.
    Today's lesson....
    C o w a r d i c e

    Spoiler Spoiler:


  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiChii View Post
    Man the alien experience on TGMC is so much better overall.

    - Old crusher exists
    - Xenos aren't turbo nerfed into the ground for being decent at their caste like on CM.
    - Every xeno can drag faster than a snail or has adequate CC to move bodies. (:
    - Hivemind, Defiler, Shrike, bull, just more castes and they all do unique stuff so you have more options for building a hive.
    - Every caste, EVEN DRONES (unlike on CM) do damage to marines without taking 40 million slashes or tackles.
    - Engages are fun and fast, but the rounds can be long.
    Just in general CM has gone too far in the bullet sponge territory. Bullet sponges mean you need stuns to kill, so that's why you get a stun-based gameplay. Its not because "hurr durr its ss13".


    Fun factor would increase tenfold if kill for either side were fast.

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    TGMC is superior to CM. Why? TGMC is a TDM game it does that right, it ain't a RP game.
    It's superior to CM at the moment because the combat actually feels good for both sides. There's really no single meta that everybody and their dog is forced to try and make their side of the combat rewarding; You have so many options that part of the fun is experimenting with your loadout to find something that works with your playstyle.

    Where it falls short from my perspective is in some xeno castes where their most useful abilities are basically designed to encourage troll tactics that feel really out of place for the theme of the caste and are just really frustrating to play against. There is RP, but it's not baystation levels of RP. It's a bunch of boisterous PFCs cracking jokes, feeling invincible, and then realizing they've landed in the shit after the biggest gigachad among them eats it big time, which is the theme CM had for a long time.

    Marines on TGMC will RP if they aren't under constant pressure, because then they actually have time to type, rather than it being because there's little incentive to do otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •