User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thing CM should implement from TGMC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    You...joking right? I was literally meta-gaming and getting warnings not to kill certain ways. I got kills. I got PLENTY of kills.

But I got most of those kills not because I clicked good, but because I discovered an intentional/unintentional bug or mechanic that later got updated in the patch notes or was told never do it as I will get banned. I'm talking about from macro-abuse to overriding maxcaps in OT with non-OT chems. I'm sure I'm ahead in this than you if you have to say this comment.

And that's why I stopped playing these roles as I DON'T want to abuse the game. I want to play it as intended. And in that regards CM is forcing you to get really efficient in killing xenos as you have to understand how they play and when and how they can be killed. That's why when I went to TGMC, after trying out the toys, I had a normal run, trying to get as much finishing kills as I could and it went amazing, BECAUSE I was forced to get good at it in CM.

So thanks, I know how to kill, no need to lecture me on it.
    while you were clicking benos i was mastering the wiki

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianCrow View Post
    while you were clicking benos i was mastering the wiki
    While you were mastering the wiki I mixed cafeteria items to OT C4 and hid them under textures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A SADAR hit in TGMC stuns xenos btw, but nades ect do not. Only sadar does. Also TGMC you can buy a mateba and anyone can use it so its pretty pog

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    A SADAR hit in TGMC stuns xenos btw, but nades ect do not. Only sadar does. Also TGMC you can buy a mateba and anyone can use it so its pretty pog
    Mateba is so bad on TGMC it's not worth buying.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A hate letter to my ex-favorite server

I greatly dislike TGMC

-"More guns than Cm" Well this is true, most of their guns operate similarly, as an example, I started to play with DMR after my favorite gun lost its agrip. Not very much later, it's name was changed to Battle Rifle, and a new DMR was created, shortly after that, the DMR 2 was replaced by a bolt action sniper (never mind that a bolt action sniper was already in the game).
    In CM, every gun is distinct. When they add a new gun, it is actually a new gun- for instance, Carlac is working on a lever action rifle that is significantly different from other guns. The other new gun that was added recently, the nailgun, has the quirk of slowing targets and pinning t1s to walls on a PB, along with being able to repair structures.

-My major gripe other than that is that they are very marine biased. They have balanced factions sure, but marines are always getting new guns or new armor or new Ob types, or new insert X here. Xeno buffs are more like "we replaced the capping system with a 15 sec windup", which made two castes useless and also made disarms just not exist. The problem is that they take gameplay options from Xenos when they buff them, and give them to marines when marines get buffed. Another example is the aim mechanic- Marines get that to increase their ability to do cool shooting things- what do xenos get? Oh they get bumpslash on downed targets removed! I think that this is a problem with their design philosophy due to the fact that it's just easier to think up new tech for Marines than new strains for xenos. (Xenos did get a new caste so maybe they have changed from when I last played)

-Also I just like specs, I think they are great.

-I feel like jaguar armor is just a bunch of useless fluff that makes getting my loadout take longer, does anyone actually take a different strength arm plate than chest plate?

The main thing is that I'm just a salty tgmc boomer who misses his crash rounds with 10 players where marines were struggling to get the nuke disks and xenos were a near-unstopable horde. (It's kind of funny that I played TGMC marine more back when rounds were Xeno biased)
    Last edited by Anclandor; 02-25-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagile View Post
    Wow most of these points are from the viewpoint of someone who actually played TGMC more than 1 round.

Besides the fact that xenos are "limitless" and thats why its so easy to get kills (this isn't true since larvae only pickup in respawn rate at around 13:00 to 13:30 time), and the fact that xenos need no setup in TGMC to CC (this isn't true either, warriors are the same as CM warriors, they still need to lunge to setup good plays, shrike needs xeno help to capitalize on force / psychic flings due to the tankiness of TGMC marines, prae AOE stun is only like 1 second and is a setup for other xenos to do damage, etc), you got most of this right.
    You're correct, I was wrong on the larva rush. Xenos do not in fact get a lot of larva.

And yes, i've realized xenos often stack lots of CC combos to outplay marines, rather than just one-tap destruction.

Playing further it seems that TGMC has some sort of bizarre binary balance where some rounds are cadehug fests and some rounds are marine stomps? Needless to say this is still not great, though I have seen some rounds that manage something close to a good push and pull.

Honestly I'm so confused by TGMC... it's so deathmatchy and it succeeds so much in making both sides feel meaty and competitive yet it punishes aggressive play like nothing i've seen before. It's frustrating when you try to actually push and get praetorian acid sprayed, spitter sprayed, crusher charged, queen screeched, shrike flinged under the span of 10 seconds, so much CC stack you can't even jetpack away. This is most likely what causes the cadehugging. When xenos combo good the extreme 45 minute respawn timer simply makes marines not want to risk round-end to try and push, and before knowing it their weapon is lowered, they're on the ground, and there's 10 xenos nearby and zero marines.

I think I just need to.. git gud. There are things that thoroughly annoy me but at least some of them are simply misplays by me. Even so, you can't expect other marines to be perfect. If you kill them for minor mistakes they just won't dip their toe in the pool at all.

A TDM server based off TGMC code with good balance direction would be a sight to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlarc View Post

I think I just need to.. git gud.
    I took my old CM meta-abuse and unleashed it on TGMC for maximum salt. You thought flamer-sentry was strong, and 3 was OP in CM? What about 6 of them slapped in a corner that not even a boiler could gas.

You though 2 layer or reinforced barbed cades were strong in CM? How about 5 of them with the sentries guarding them?

TGMC does everything CM but on steroids. Since than I tried out a few roles to see what else I can abuse, like making 20-30 medibots? What about their OT system, can I override max cap? Does the double shotgun macro works with 6 shotguns on the floor and a pick-up macro? What about hiding 20 C4s under 1 item to one-shot a queen?

Sometimes I feel like they deliberately let these and many many more bugs and unintended features in TGMC just for shits and giggles. I mean we got a full arsenal of instruments and jetpacks. Might as well leave these game-braking bugs in.

But yeah...I would be salty if I would be killed by one of these cheap ways. That's why it will always remain a gag server.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More guns = COOOOL.
    Less guns that are "modular" and "generic" in their "distinctiveness" are B-O-R-I-N-G.

CM - Pistol, AP Pistol, Revolver, SMG, Pump Action Shotgun, Pulse Rifle, "Battle Rifle", "Heavy" Pulse Rifle, Three barrel shotgun, Flamer.
    The end for PFC. All that "modularity" and you can't even make yourself discount sniper, because B8 sucks and 2x is worthless.

TGMC - Pistol, Machinepistol, Pistol, AP Pistol, Revolver, Pocket Pistol, P-90 SMG, Pump-Action Shotgun, Autoshotgun, "Combat" Shotgun (inbetween two previous), Pump-Action Shotgun, Double-Barrel Shotgun, "Battle" Rifle, Slower/More Accurate "Battle" Rifle, Bolt-Action Rifle, Bolt-Action Rifle, Light Machinegun, Machinegun, Rifle, Rifle, Laser Rifle.
    And then on top REQ-exclusive (not spec exclusive, or some bullshit) - Flamethrower, Rocket Launcher, Revolving Grenade Launcher, Vietnam-style Grenade Launcher.

Its just cool. Its actually fun, beat that with sticking attachements to your old boring Pulse Rifle.
    You can't, because attachements can't impact mag sizes, ammo type etc. You will always be restricted heavily, so much that you can only get one meta attachement set on a gun (that works) and thats it.

And don't you bullshit me with MRP, that USCM wouldn't just have in service so much guns with so much different ammo.

This is the point. Fun from gameplay and variety. You might talk your ass whole day about "modularity", or "making sense", or whatever, but your words will never beat straight fun of having a lot of toys.
    Wanna play heavy marine? Get the heaviest armor and then the heaviest machinegun.
    Wanna play sniper PFC? Get bolt-action rifle.
    Wanna play classic marine? Get normal rifle.
    Wanna shotgun all the way? Get one of the shotguns.
    Wanna be mobile? Get lightest of armor and then SMG, or maybe double machinepistols.
    Hell, you can even be a melee oriented PFC.

Wanna be something different PFC in CM? Sure, take heaviest of armor that will give you 5% damage reduction better than medium and 10% from light. Oh, but your helmet, gloves and boots are the same.
    Wanna be sniper? Roll spec you dumbass.
    Wanna be heavy marine? Roll spec, get grenadier armor and then slower firing pulse rifle with bigger magazine disguised as HPR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    More guns = COOOOL
    Mind you laser rifle have 5 totally different settings, normal, sniper, inci, slow and shotgun. It's essentially 5 guns in 1 which makes it amazing for every situation. And don't forget the guns FEEL different. You can feel when they shoot. You see that it HURTS the enemy. They scream, they bleed, they look injured and it's soooo satisfying. Not to mention like I've said, you got a legit chance to 1v1 any xeno like in any alien game. In CM a prae have to be half braindead and keep making mistakes after mistakes after mistakes for you to kill it on 100% HP. In TGMC it's totally doable and that makes it FUN.

And I could not care less about CMs pulse rifle or sub or L42, they are the same. On paper "they fill a different role". Well they feel the same, act the same, do zero damage to xenos, they are the same. Sorry to say but in TGMC your can actually feel the difference between the shotguns even if they SHOULD be the same, they are totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Flamethrower, Rocket Launcher, Revolving Grenade Launcher, Vietnam-style Grenade Launcher.
    The list doesn't even end there, my favorite is the minigun,a true beast. Also you thought cluster OB is good? Check out carpet-bombing. What about CAS? In CM they fly in and do their rounds for 5 seconds. In TGMC I witnessed how they kept bombarding one single area non-stop for 30 seconds straight. Shit was scary. Quick reload and they were back ripping out xeno guts.

And don't forget weather effect. Almost every map have MEANINGFUL watcher changes. Not like, oh no, little storm. Get it. Or not. Doesn't really matter anyway. In TGMC, freaking acid rain in LV, get in the rain shelter or melt your skin while you are trying to save KOd marines from the xenos and raid.

Damn wish CM could implement some of these stuff and focus on the fun factor more. I know devs KNOW what is to have fun what what is restricted because abuse. But come on, I'm sure they can find a good balance. And I would rather have one or two things little OP while they figure out the balance, but see all these things implemented.

Right now I feel devs are afraid to implement new thing simply because they are afraid of them being abused. So what. They implemented trucks and they were meming like idiots...but it was...fun. And don't forget they will be fixed, like everything else.

I would rather have this than a stalemate with the same everything forever.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey hey people. Kira here, I personally like both cm and tgmc and I feel like cm could learn more about how to make a proper military oriented server. Firstly, it's gonna have to start with how staff ruling for certain rp being unacceptable where as to in real life situation it simply won't go that way, and secondly, our lack of decent weapon variety make it feel a tad bit hollow. Sure you can make whatever you want but it's never gonna be as good as having a gun that is exactly that, I personally enjoyed the sniper game play in tgmc more with the aiming iff making it easier to defend fob or be back line support. Something you need a b8 scope for l42 and even then the b8 scope reduce the damage making it less viable for anything but just slowly plinking xeno health away now that aside more gun doesn't always mean better, unless it's a game then yes more gun is certainly better~ just have them be attachment compatible then you can still have cm feel and still be feeling less stale than if you used the same 6 gun. have a cm day~