Date of Incident
    February 27, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Karla "Knees" Blessig

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Barry O'Connor

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    2:30 AM GMT (21:30 EST)

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 3 (dont be a dick) Rule 4

Description of the incident:
    I was playing as SEA and teaching a new private. Marines evacced but CO had told marines to deploy to LZ1 not too long ago.
    I decided that after a good long teach it would probably be fine to put my private on the DS and send him down planetside to try and help out the marines.
    So I stepped into the DS with my private to tuck him into a seat and get him a battle buddy.
    The PO (accused character) proceeded to instantly lock all doors, even though we were still on the Almayer, and launch the DS.
    I wasn't pleased with this and expressed my frustration to the PO but decided it was fine since I needed more time to get my private a buddy anyways.
    I asked around for someone to take my private and once they did my private didn't quite get out that fast so I went to point him in the right direction.
    The MOMENT I leave the DS to point my private where to go the PO locks all the doors of the dropship even though there aren't any xenos inside the LZ at the time.
    He proceeds to say the cockpit is soundproof and he cant hear me when I walk up to the cockpit and ask him to open the doors for me. Launch the DS when it comes off cooldown and leave me with the words: "Have fun babe"
    Not too long after xenos show up to the LZ and I die together with all the marines that deployed with the dropship.

If I was playing another role besides SEA I would still be upset but not writing a player report about it.
    The fact that I was playing as SEA is why I am writing this report. The SEA is supposed to be there to help new marines out. They aren't supposed to deploy or be deployed since if they die there isn't another SEA to replace them since there is only one SEA slot. By getting the SEA killed you're making it so the one role that is supposed to help out new players isn't able to do so anymore.
    I tried to get this resolved in game but sadly my ahelp didn't get answered before round end.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    I honestly do not know. I'm writing this player report because I'm upset and after confronting this player on discord about it they weren't apologetic about it at all.
    I just want this player to not do something like this again. Punish as much or as little as you guys find appropriate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the accused from that round.

To give a little more context I was the CASEVAC PO, and this was my second deployment of marines post-evacuation. By this time, I believe the CO had already said on command comms that he was trapped with six other marines in the broken-down APC near the secondary LZ (that being the LZ which I was to land on). It is also important to mention that the LZ was completely weeded, and that we gibbed a marine when we landed indicating that there were probably xenos close by. Adding to that, less than ten marines in all were on the DS to begin with, which made the possibility of holding out against more than a couple of runners for long pretty much nil.
    With that clarified it is also critical to understand that most competent POs would lock down a dropship after marines deploy, especially if you land on an un-caded LZ after evacuation. Given that my character was most certainly playing the heel that round, fucking around with the marines while the MPs tried to arrest Torres for blowing up ARES, I think it's definitely reasonable to assume he would pull a Burke with the lockdown and put himself before any of the enlisted.
    However, OOCly, I was most certainly having a chuckle at Clairion's expense, and that is evidenced well enough by their screenshot. Also, if there is a rule protecting the SEA from such shenanigans, I can't deny that it was broken. From my point of view that round was already lost, and so I didn't really give much consideration to the enjoyment of others.
    I am definitely sorry if it really pissed you off though. I get that other players not being considerate can really suck, and my memey actions probably took it too far.

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok allow me to clear this up a bit more. I get that you're sorry but I think you're missing the larger point as to why I'm quite miffed.

To me, the SEA is a VITAL role since they are often the first impression a new player gets to CM. They have a really important role in teaching new players and making CM fun for them. If a completely new player wakes up and there is no SEA to help them then their first experience in CM is much, much worse.
    I'm not only upset because it ended my round. I'm mostly upset that you took a SEA out of the game. Not only do I consider you took a player (myself) out of the game by taking me planetside and locking me out of the DS you also ruined any chance for me to help new players for the remainder of the round, effectively unintentionally griefing any new players that would have required my help.
    THAT is my major issue with the situation. You didn't take me planetside and lock me out there while I was playing as a random PFC, you locked me out when I was playing SEA (in my opinion) a vital role that other players rely on.

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was playing aSL(or SL. cant remember) this round, and led the counterattack on the science annex.

It was a pretty crappy round for marines IIRC. Normandy got lost. There was a lot of chaos on the ship for over 10 minutes, I don't remember the details for some reason. CO offered idea of attacking with Alamo, I jumped on it and rallied 5 men of my squad.
    We were accompanied by an IO and about 12 more marines, along with the CO and the APC. XO wanted to arrest the CO, i forgot all the details.

Anywho long story short, we push the xenos back to LZ2, secure a couple kills but are ultimately picked off(We all knew what we were getting ourselves into - oorah to ashes.)

I spectated. Indeed the CO was trapped with 7 marines in APC. LZ had an MP, 2-3 marines, one of whom SEA Karla was helping. Xenos were still about 25 tiles to the west/SW.
    I did not witness the exact time PO locked down. The next time I looked, PO's doors were locked and launching while SEA Karla dead to the SE with MP/marine to the west.
    All directly next to the DS, implying they were locked out when they had ample time to get in.

I think that screenshot speaks for itself about the whole situation...

Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right I have been thinking about this a lot and I have decided I want to withdraw this player report.

I still think that what you did was bad and you shouldn't have done it, however the biggest issue I had with the situation was your lack of empathy about it afterwards.
    Although not the strongest apology I feel that you are genuinely sorry and realize what the issue is with the whole situation. I'm willing to forgive you and like I said after thinking about it for a while I decided I would rather just withdraw the report and take your apology.
    Just don't do it again please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021