User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HeartlessArtless - Commanding Officer Application

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently I’m leaning towards a -1 because of the lack of MP hours. The CO has final authority over all ML issues on the Almayer and is expected to know it better then anyone else with most of the captains special privileges coming from ML. Even if you read the wiki page on ML there is a different level of understanding you get from actually practicing it in game. I recommend you play a lot more CMP hours and also try to get in some more XO hours while your app is up.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PO lands on a doctor on the Almayer, gibbing them, and an MP arrests them for manslaughter. They're the only PO. What do you do?

The CE authorizes squad req being broken into and hacked, and is arrested for Major DtGP. What do you do?

A researcher is making monkeys shoot each other in research containment cells for science, as he claims. What do you do?

The SEA is refusing your order to man requisitions, what do you do?

An MP harmbatons a prisoner (once) who was resisting out of cuffs during processing and the CMP has him arrested for assault. He wants an appeal. What do you do?

An SG is refusing to deploy because their SL was arrested. What do you do?

An MP is walking around with a security belt full of revolvers, a shoulder holster with a revolver, and a revolver belt on his armor slot. What do you do?

An MP arrests another MP for NoD because they left the brig while they were supposed to be watching a prisoner. There is no MW or CMP. What do you do?

An MP is walking around in gym shorts asking people if they want to be pepper sprayed, then blasting them with pepper spray. What do you do?

An engineer C4s into the brig to get a guy who is in crit out of the brig and to medical. There were no MPs watching the brig. The prisoner is treated and the engineer charged with Jailbreak. What do you do?

If you need more context, let me know (DM, or just ask here). You're the CO in these questions.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

As seen on this list, Satomi is an S+ tier and should be able to handle the role with ease.

Edit; and please take a moment to read this

At first I didn't even notice all the -1's because it came natural to me, that someone like Satomi is going to get the whitelist straight away. Afterall, they're probably the best SL main there is at the moment and have been for a solid year now. There is a very little number of people in this entire community that are as consistent as Satomi, especially when it comes to contributing to the round, but glaring at these almost comical takes and absurd hypothetical questions that can be answered in million different ways made me seriously reconsider leaving this response just as a warm hearted meme +1

Watching all the bland, uninteresting COs get accepted year after year, which one by one added nothing to the pool of ''What made COs unique, different and memorable'' just because they do everything textbook is so wrong. You guys shouldn't accept people based on their playtimes because that's exactly how the whitelist starts decaying. Filled with people that just grind for it instead of actually having an actual passion for it
    You already made stepping out of the line - the thing that provided the best if not the best roleplay opportunities on the server tabu, why continue pushing it further?

Denying an excellent player from the opportunity to shine even more just because a group of people that see roleplay as ''following the wikipedia ML page word by word'' said it's unacceptable to replace 150 hours of playing CMP by just not being a retard? By simply being like any other CO player in this regard?
    This exact group of ''hardcore roleplayers'' is the prime example of people, that take it way too far and together with people that don't RP at all make the community shift towards the latter.

Instead, you should focus on grit and willingness of an individual to contribute to the round in a way that's different from ''Alpha, Charlie, Delta scout and Bravo FOB and XO take over'' - which is exactly, what we all expect Satomi to do, in fact, it's what they normally do. They're a god damn SL player - and a really solid one as well. It's what they do every round.
    If you seriously expect someone as dependable as Satomi to crumble below the weight of your 'common-sense' law that's not even relevant in 96% of all the rounds played, you should probably switch the CMP pref from high to none and play a bunch of PFC rounds to get a grasp of the fact, that the current version of marine law isn't as complicated as it seemed during your first MP round.

Hard fought, hopefully you'll get it. Wishing the best of luck.
    +1

And please, don't make this a fight between common sense and your vision of an ideal commander. If anything, make a separate thread.
    Council's decision will only affect Satomi, not us.
    Last edited by lanche; 03-02-2021 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Added an actual argument to support my +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. I know you from playing alongside you, Satomi, seeing you both groundside and in command, although quite rarely in the latter case - but playtimes, which you posted, don't lie so I guess that's on me.

However, I don't personally think personal sympathy for you is enough to warrant a WL. This kind of App, with someone who hasn't played MP at all, literally, in YEARS is why people are claiming anyone, literally anyone, can get CO and I am afraid of having COs with little to no actual practical appliance of ML or SOP under their belt.

Sorry, I really do think you're a cool player but I can't really endorse this until you play MP for at least a little bit to get experience in.

Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome XO, not an MP main. +1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misti Rockwell View Post
    Right. I know you from playing alongside you, Satomi, seeing you both groundside and in command, although quite rarely in the latter case - but playtimes, which you posted, don't lie so I guess that's on me.

However, I don't personally think personal sympathy for you is enough to warrant a WL. This kind of App, with someone who hasn't played MP at all, literally, in YEARS is why people are claiming anyone, literally anyone, can get CO and I am afraid of having COs with little to no actual practical appliance of ML or SOP under their belt.

Sorry, I really do think you're a cool player but I can't really endorse this until you play MP for at least a little bit to get experience in.

MP experience is not at all required for COing, Marine Law is just a wiki page, what matters in COing is communication, presence and a willingness to actually try different things and be adaptive; all skills that Satomi has. The most important experience by far to have is SLing and knowing the basics of how CIC and shipside depts function, MPing is about equal to MTing in terms of how much it relates to playing Captain. I trust Satomi to play the role in a way that makes the round more enjoyable to be in, and to not take themselves too seriously and develop a BE ego. +1 from me chief

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remember when you were scout spec and I PB'd you that was pretty funny

also they're good +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In response to the questions posed by Fortelian...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The PO lands on a doctor on the Almayer, gibbing them, and an MP arrests them for manslaughter. They're the only PO. What do you do?

First I would try to figure out what exactly happened. Chances are it's a lot more complicated than, the PO landed on the doctor and killed him. Especially considering that he has no control of who stands on the landing pad. Hopefully there were some marines nearby who could shed some light as to whether or not the doctor intentionally sat on the pad or someone pushed or threw him in there. I’d also look back into the behavior of the said doctor and PO to see if there was some sort of giveaway that they might do something extreme like this. Next I would either question the PO personally if I had sufficient command staff to leave in CiC or ask the CMP or available MPs to get their side of the story. If I believe them to be sincere I’d pardon them if they asked due to their importance to the operation. If they do not ask for a pardon I will continue the operation as is, setting a timer for launch the DS back and forth without the flight’s optimization sadly.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The CE authorizes squad req being broken into and hacked, and is arrested for Major DtGP. What do you do?

First I’d question the decision to order the arrest of the CE who has the authorization to allow this. Given that I haven’t already modified the SoP to allow this as it makes for a speedy preparation time and thus more marines present on the dropship or briefing and ready to deploy. I’d tell the MP in question to keep the marine law with them and be ready to look through it should another issue become present. I’d also explain to them or have the CMP explain their mistake if I am too busy in CiC and other departments.
    A researcher is making monkeys shoot each other in research containment cells for science, as he claims. What do you do?

First of all I will ask him how this contributes to science. If he gives me a valid reason such as testing out a chemical or such that can heal brute or mend bones and can prove it I will apologize for assuming the worst. I’d probably just tell him over radio to stop monkeying around and do his job. However, I really do not see an issue in this which demands my attention. Unless admins get involved and we have another monkey uprising aboard the ship I will defer this to MPs if the CMO requests as I have more important duties to handle. I’d expect MPs to either let him continue or arrest him for animal cruelty if the researcher in question cannot explain adequately how this helps his scientific research.
    The SEA is refusing your order to man requisitions, what do you do?

I’d ask the SEA why he is refusing my orders. If it is something reasonable such as he is busy teaching a recruit or helping another department with new staff I would understand his reasoning and delegate someone else to handle that department or do it myself. However if the SEA is refusing to do it just because he doesn’t want to I would remind him that he is obligated to follow Marine Law and SoP and should therefore reconsider what I have said to them. I’m not too familiar with SEA as I’m not a mentor but I’m under the impression that they cannot disobey the aforementioned laws nor the CO’s lawful orders and so I feel like I’d have to ahelp this after attempting to resolve it ICly.
    An MP harmbatons a prisoner (once) who was resisting out of cuffs during processing and the CMP has him arrested for assault. He wants an appeal. What do you do?

I very well cannot deny his appeal as it would be unlawful and highly illegal. Of Course whether I low his sentence or not is up for debate. Generally for just harmbatoning once I feel like it is an accident and I would be happy to step in for an appeal. Though an appeal is not a pardon and what happens during the appeal will vary. If it is obviously an accident then I would remind the CMP that assault charges are added only if it was with ill intent and that the marine in question should suck it up if they make a fuss about it. Accidents happen and I won’t let an MP suffer consequences because there is a stigma on the role when they may not have intended to do what was done.

This is a rule break and so I’d attempt to resolve it by reminding the SG that what they are doing is punishable by HC. ICly If they forced my hand I’d probably have them arrested for Desertion as it falls under that category. However much like the monkey question, this issue is better left to the MPs instead of CO. It is after all their job to handle these issues while I am left to organize the operation unless the issue is too great to ignore.
    An MP is walking around with a security belt full of revolvers, a shoulder holster with a revolver, and a revolver belt on his armor slot. What do you do?

I’d remind them that they are an MP and that they should not be carrying so much lethal weapons. Even though they are considered side arms, revolvers to my knowledge are not MP standard equipment. The sheer number of sidearms he is carrying warrants suspicion especially since by carrying so much lethals he has most likely deprived himself of his non-lethal means to subdue dissent and has thus become an issue. I'd tell him to immediately return those weapons to a secured storage or anywhere it isn't just lying around before having him reequip the standard equipment MPs usually awaken with. If he attempts to resist I will remind him of the consequences with disobeying SoP and the command structure as an MP.
    An MP arrests another MP for NoD because they left the brig while they were supposed to be watching a prisoner. There is no MW or CMP. What do you do?

The MP being arrested is illegally being arrested as only the Commander and CMP may order that arrest. However he has also broken procedure by leaving a marine alone in his cell. I’d tell both of the MPs to read up on marine law so this does not happen again as I have more important duties to handle most likely and leave the CMP to handle his MPs. If I do have the time however I would quickly explain to them their errors before delegating them to the CMP, especially if they seem new to the role.
    An MP is walking around in gym shorts asking people if they want to be pepper sprayed, then blasting them with pepper spray. What do you do?

I’d authorize the arrest of this MP and tell the other MPs and CMP to get on it. His charges would most likely be Hooliganism and Assault. Though without a doubt HC would become involved and handle this. Unless this MP in question managed to break into CiC and disrupt my duties I’d delegate the issue to MPs.
    An engineer C4s into the brig to get a guy who is in crit out of the brig and to medical. There were no MPs watching the brig. The prisoner is treated and the engineer charged with Jailbreak. What do you do?

I’d congratulate the engineer for rescuing a dying person in brig, however his sentence would remain as he escalated a situation without just alerting MPs or me of the man inside dying. If he appealed I would allow someone uninvolved to see to it, as I had become involved in the situation. I’d also advise the MPs to read up on marine law because they left someone inside brig alone and somehow allowed him to enter a critical state. Then I'd question the CMP as to how he could allow this to happen before returning to my duties. If there was a MW active during this I'd also have him answer for his neglect of duties and actually have him arrested because it is HIS job to be in brig.
    Last edited by HeartlessArtless; 03-01-2021 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Minor formatting issues that bugged me.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking over your responses to the ML questions I am giving this a -1. While people on this app are saying MP doesn’t matter as captain that is objectively wrong. The captain is meant to know ML better then anyone on the ship and to do that you need to do more then just read the ML wiki page, your answers show that you do not have the ML skill required from a captain. Having 0 MP hours before posting your CO app is a major problem, I also recommend getting more XO hours and re-applying next month. Remember to not burn yourself out with XO or CMP, 5-10 MP rounds would be ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heartless Artless CO Feedback

Lets get something out of the way, this is gonna be a long and drawnout reply to this app because frankly i hate what i have to do, and i would like to touch on some of the stuff people have replied with.

Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post
    As seen on this list, Satomi is an S+ tier and should be able to handle the role with ease.
    +1
    and for all the guy saying ''You need more MP hours'' you're joking right?
    Frankly I dont think they are, and im gonna touch on this in my reply to dreven. And the fact that a ton of this stuff went onto the cCM cord is why your here, and using your Forum Ban-evade account to post on here. yall have Seem to generally have an agenda to make CM more LRP, even if you dont realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    MP experience is not at all required for COing, Marine Law is just a wiki page, what matters in COing is communication, presence and a willingness to actually try different things and be adaptive; all skills that Satomi has. The most important experience by far to have is SLing and knowing the basics of how CIC and shipside depts function, MPing is about equal to MTing in terms of how much it relates to playing Captain. I trust Satomi to play the role in a way that makes the round more enjoyable to be in, and to not take themselves too seriously and develop a BE ego. +1 from me chief
    This, this hurts me. Im not making a personal attack against you replying to this, but frankly anyone who believes this does not understand the CO whitelist. Atleast in its current state, this is NOT what the CO WL is about. The job of the CO is to not only lead marines, if the XO does not take the helm, but to handle the issues the crew may come across shipside, and groundside. And for this, this is where the superior experience and knowledge of a CO comes into play. Your MEANT to know ML and SOP to the letter, its part of your job. I cant count how many times ive had to clear up issues/events/RP as CO while my XO has handled the helm, its literally the job of the WL. to not only lead but to use your knowledge to better the crew and solve disputes. I feel like i repeated myself there but i cant stress it enough. I agree, XO and SL are 2 of the most important roles you should be experienced in for CO. However, you wont be policing as a CO, but you will be handling disturbances. Such as some of the questions fort proposed and I will go over shortly. Saying MPing is equal to MTing in regards to COing, is frankly the most idiotic thing ive ever heard. it sounds like a blatantly said response from a CO who wants to focus on combat more than actually being a CO over an XO. Im not saying you need a lot of time in MP to be slightly experienced, and you probalby wouldent need to play CMP at all. But Experience is everything, this is stuff you dont get while XOing or SLing. I think the answers prove my point...

Knowing how to SL and lead an OP on its own is a quality of a good XO, but theres a lot more to being a CO.

By the way, you only hurt Satomi/heartless by deciding to hop on as Permabanned/cbanned community members to give em a +1, come on guys everyone notices it.

I know exactly why both people i quoted have actually decided to show up for once on a modern CO app, and i have seen what yall have talked about in the cCM discord. And im not just saying all of that because of my personal opinions, its true. And if ya think otherwise you dont understand the whitelist. Anyways, enough of that... i think its time I move over to the questions, and my personal feedback as well as my vote.

Okay, lets start with this one.

First I would try to figure out what exactly happened. Chances are it's a lot more complicated than, the PO landed on the doctor and killed him. Especially considering that he has no control of who stands on the landing pad. Hopefully there were some marines nearby who could shed some light as to whether or not the doctor intentionally sat on the pad or someone pushed or threw him in there. I’d also look back into the behavior of the said doctor and PO to see if there was some sort of giveaway that they might do something extreme like this. Next I would either question the PO personally if I had sufficient command staff to leave in CiC or ask the CMP or available MPs to get their side of the story. If I believe them to be sincere I’d pardon them if they asked due to their importance to the operation. If they do not ask for a pardon I will continue the operation as is, setting a timer for launch the DS back and forth without the flight’s optimization sadly.
    The first part of the question is right, and sadly thats what makes the rest of you answer wrong. The PO did do nothing wrong, and did not commit manslaughter. Manslaughter applys when for example, the PO accidently killed a marine by shooting him, on accident without intent to kill/harm. The situation here, is its not the POs fault at all, its not like the PO CASed them. The doctor probalby stood under the pad and died, so... no manslaughet charge. This makes your response of a pardon INVALID, and is an improper pardon. This can be handled through an appeal, as there was no proper crime committed since the MPs already arrested the PO. So the pardon is completely not needed.

First I’d question the decision to order the arrest of the CE who has the authorization to allow this. Given that I haven’t already modified the SoP to allow this as it makes for a speedy preparation time and thus more marines present on the dropship or briefing and ready to deploy. I’d tell the MP in question to keep the marine law with them and be ready to look through it should another issue become present. I’d also explain to them or have the CMP explain their mistake if I am too busy in CiC and other departments.
    Fiiiirst off. The arrest is improper, if the CE allowed it then the arrest is invalid. On another note, a ship modification does NOT involve a SOP modification, they are two very different things. And in this case req modifications were allowed by the CE, a change in SOP is not needed, as you can simply give the allowance for the reqs to be hacked. This is where im noticing some of that lack of ML experience come into play, the CE has been ARRESTED already. AND cannot be released with the MP in question let off the hook. This is a major crime, so an NJP CANNOT be forced either. For your answer, you said that you would inform the MP to keep ML handy and read it over if another issue happens. Ya then continue to say that you will warn the MP and or talk with the CMP about the issues, presumably hinting at the CE being released due to this slipup by your guidance. This on its own would warrant somebody to fax, and have you arrested as the CO. Which would net you a nice little permabrig charge for jailbreak! The correct way to handle this is go through brig procedure, then appeal the CE since you are not involved, remove the major DTGP charge, and possibly warn or charge the MP involved with NOD or FFP. That way dosent get you a jailbreak charge....

I very well cannot deny his appeal as it would be unlawful and highly illegal. Of Course whether I low his sentence or not is up for debate. Generally for just harmbatoning once I feel like it is an accident and I would be happy to step in for an appeal. Though an appeal is not a pardon and what happens during the appeal will vary. If it is obviously an accident then I would remind the CMP that assault charges are added only if it was with ill intent and that the marine in question should suck it up if they make a fuss about it. Accidents happen and I won’t let an MP suffer consequences because there is a stigma on the role when they may not have intended to do what was done.
    This is the EXACT same problem as the CE one. I dont know if your missing something or just lack experience handling ML procedures, using a pardon here would not be proper and luckily you dident mention it. I THINK you meant for to come out like you had already handled the appeal and it came out as the improper assualt charge being removed, and then firmly reaffirming that the CMP was in the wrong for brigging the MP for assualt, you could also have the CMP arrested for NOD/FFP. Failure to handle this situation in this manner, and instead releasing the prisoner, would net you the exact same charge and situation as the CE question....

This is a rule break and so I’d attempt to resolve it by reminding the SG that what they are doing is punishable by HC. ICly If they forced my hand I’d probably have them arrested for Desertion as it falls under that category. However much like the monkey question, this issue is better left to the MPs instead of CO. It is after all their job to handle these issues while I am left to organize the operation unless the issue is too great to ignore.
    While I agree that the situation should be handled by the staff and or MPs, its important to have an personal touch in shipside situations. Let your XO handle the OP if there is a pressing concern, your job is to make sure your crew is well maintained as well as handle disputes exactly like this shipside, the XO in this case might not be knowledgeable on ML, and you still might want a command figure involved so you should probably insert yourself. From my experience I know that these things can escalate into full blown riots and brig bombings. So its best to handle it yourself if possible, and CO provisions might be needed to resolve the situation if it escalates.

I’d remind them that they are an MP and that they should not be carrying so much lethal weapons. Even though they are considered side arms, revolvers to my knowledge are not MP standard equipment. The sheer number of sidearms he is carrying warrants suspicion especially since by carrying so much lethals he has most likely deprived himself of his non-lethal means to subdue dissent and has thus become an issue. I'd tell him to immediately return those weapons to a secured storage or anywhere it isn't just lying around before having him reequip the standard equipment MPs usually awaken with. If he attempts to resist I will remind him of the consequences with disobeying SoP and the command structure as an MP.
    So i think you missed the first thing right off the bat about this one. The MP is blatantly using the lethal force clause in order to grief someone by using lethals, while still being technically legal. There is no SOP or ML saying that the MP cannot have this many guns, although its a bit well. Overkill and LRP, and as I mentioned before a front for griefing. Putting themselves in a situation where they have to lethally take down people. Your way to handle it will work fine i guess? The best thing you could do would be to well, order him to get into proper gear and loadout, if he refuses have him arrested for major insub and contact staff at the blatant grief attempt. I would not BE for this situation unless it escalated, as this is something you would not want to handle strictly ICly.

The MP being arrested is illegally being arrested as only the Commander and CMP may order that arrest. However he has also broken procedure by leaving a marine alone in his cell. I’d tell both of the MPs to read up on marine law so this does not happen again as I have more important duties to handle most likely and leave the CMP to handle his MPs. If I do have the time however I would quickly explain to them their errors before delegating them to the CMP, especially if they seem new to the role.
    Okay so the first part is right and straight from ML. The latter stuff well, if you wanted to deal with both MPs at once you could deputize either the XO, SOs, or synth to handle them until they are released, which is a fairly short time for FFP. For the rest of the question welllll, you dident really read the part about their being no MW or CMP, so technicly the answer is unfinished/improper.

I’d authorize the arrest of this MP and tell the other MPs and CMP to get on it. His charges would most likely be Hooliganism and Assault. Though without a doubt HC would become involved and handle this. Unless this MP in question managed to break into CiC and disrupt my duties I’d delegate the issue to MPs.
    Asking dosent mean the consented, so yeah it would likely be an assualt and hooliganism charge. This is a malicous act and blatantly harmfull/LOOC so i would ahelp it as well. If the MP happend to start harassing CIC staff or you doing brief, you have full authority to BE them for disrupting the operation at its core. Although preferebly it would be handled OOCly

I’d congratulate the engineer for rescuing a dying person in brig, however his sentence would remain as he escalated a situation without just alerting MPs or me of the man inside dying. If he appealed I would allow someone uninvolved to see to it, as I had become involved in the situation. I’d also advise the MPs to read up on marine law because they left someone inside brig alone and somehow allowed him to enter a critical state. Then I'd question the CMP as to how he could allow this to happen before returning to my duties. If there was a MW active during this I'd also have him answer for his neglect of duties and actually have him arrested because it is HIS job to be in brig.
    Depending on if the engi was arrested for jailbreak or not, you could appeal it to major DTGP considering the circumstances and not being intentional jailbreak. If it was major DTGP its fine as is. If the Engi then attempted to run after supposedly saving the marine after almost being arrested by MPs, they would be assumed as a jailbreaking and resisting arrest charge. Just a tip if this somehow gets denied, be sure to list the proper charges in the question. Good answer other than that...

I dident mention da monkey one cause frankly ya answered it pretty okay. still wacky though, thank fort for that.

Uhm theres a few more question i would like to go over, not the ones mentioned in forts questions. but the App questions regarding CO tools.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner? What are some examples of crimes you would pardon, and those you would not?
    I think it is legal to pardon someone if you believe that their intent was not malicious and they have not done anything major to hinder the operation of the Almayer in any way. Especially if the person in question holds an important role which could be crucial to the success of the operation. Though I would not pardon someone I suspected of not understanding their crime and repeating their offense or one far worse.

Examples of times I’d give pardons:
    1. An SL hacks the vendors and doors to his squad req and did not attempt to resist arrest or cause issues on his way into the brig.
    2. A few marines were rough housing or shoving each other and no one was seriously injured.
    3. A marine trespassing into an area gets items like meds or equipment. Though this would also depend on what they were attempting to get.
    Examples of times I’d not give pardons:
    1. SADAR fires an HE rocket at brig after their fellow marine is arrested.
    2. Marines interfere with an arrest on purpose and are arrested for interference.
    3. Personnel get into a minor argument and one pulls a gun and fires it at the other thinking he was justified in shooting the other.
    Okay, unless CO pardon procedure changed, you probalby missed one of the most important part of pardon procedure. you CANNOT pardon CAPITAL crimes, which ya dident mention at all. which is kinda a red-flag, but good examples for when you personally wouldent give a pardon. But your still missing that one critical part.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used? List some examples of scenarios in which a battlefield execution would be correctly used.
    A battlefield execution should always be a last resort especially if there are MPs present in the round as it essentially ends someone’s round prematurely. I would probably use a BE if I suspected the person in question would jeopardize the operation or the lives of those under my command. Examples being:
    1. Important persons purposely defying orders and performing acts that would sabotage the operation.
    2. Persons who attack either myself or nearby persons under my command with a lethal weapon.
    3. Marines who are inciting mutiny successfully among each other. Though as I said before, if MPs can handle these issues then there’s no need to jump straight to a BE.
    A BE for a people starting a mutiny is a very valid option, and well, BEs as i have learned are not a last resort. Feel free to use them liberally, just keep in mind its usually a better idea to just call MPs or handle it yourself. These are pretty from the BE guidelines book answers... and i cant stress this enough, a BE for someone shooting you is not necessary, to actually carry out a BE and perma them is different than simply defending yourself and turning them in for attempted murder, although it is still a valid option.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)?
    I've read through both the pages on the wiki in the past and have brushed up on the Marine law and SOP wikis prior to making my application. So I would say I am quite knowledgeable in both these regards now.
    This hasent been more apparent then when i spent the time to look over and respond to your questions, simply reading ML and SOP is nothing compared to practicing it. you dont have to main MP, just a good handfull of rounds will do some good. But i can tell you have a very uh, unexperienced view of ML currently. A lot of the stuff you answered could get you in trouble with ML. Your required to be a marine law figurehead as a CO.

What would you do if you were deployed and a marine told you they were going to desert the operation?
    As much as I wish I could call MPs usually, sending them off the Almayer is never a good idea. If the marine was saying this over the radio I might just ignore it but if it was someone of significance like an SL or an SO trying to get other marines to abandon the operation for no good reason I’d sternly reprimand them. Unfortunately if they continued I’d see no other option than to arrest the the moment they arrive on the ship or perhaps BE them by going down myself as Desertion is a capital crime and what they are doing is a major problem.
    This is what i dont get on some peoples apps, if someone is screaming over comms "im deserting the corp!" you shouldent waste time or resources on them, sure its a BEable offense, but like, why. They are on a hostile bug planet with nowhere to go, just leaving them down there unless they present a threat should work nicely. Also, the question is if you were deployed and a marine told they were deserting, not your shipside which you seem to think is the case for most of the answer. This one is really your own opinion on how to deal with the situation, but i wouldent waste resources on it. Either way, the question wasent read right.

Conclusion

Okay, that was a lot of text. But heres what it boils down to, you arent ready just yet. You have a harmful understanding of marine law, and you definitely need to get some practice in as MP. As ive mentioned before on here you DO not need to main it, just get a handfull of rounds in with good practice. But having a very basic and flawed understanding of marine law can get you in BIG trouble. You are the ultimate authority of ML as CO aboard the Almayer, and you need to know marine law to the book. It will hurt others but yourself more if you dont. Some of your answers were well, i answered that under/above most of them. As for your pardon answer, you failed to mention the fact that you cannot pardon capital crimes. Honestly, during my first week of COing i got a heavy warning for misusing a pardon, and they generally never work out unless you trust the person. Another thing i have noticed is that despite being a great SL, and a good XO. You still have that new XO Tunnel vision ive noticed a lot, this is a thing that irons out with time. And you mentioned muiltiple times that you needed to play XO a lot to "pad your hours to look better for the app" and yeah, i agree with that. but more importantly is that you need the experience, not just the hours. Your doing great as it is, but i think you need a little more time to play XO more and MP more. And that leaves me with my verdic which i honestly, and i mean honestly hate to give...

Im going to have to -1 this App.

Im not joking, i hate to do this. And dont take it personally, it was just a little too soon to apply without getting a little more time as XO and practicing ML. Your a cool and fun person, and i love to have ya around. And im sure you will get it next time you app, you just need a tiny bit more time.

Oh and i totally repeated a ton of stuff on here, but its all applied separately sorta?
    Last edited by taterthetank; 03-01-2021 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Title
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic