+1 good app
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quotes from silencer pl

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes, and it'd be great for Uno to know this. However this is one point they can easily learn, just with observing some high-pop rounds and reading old CO reports about appeals with some critical thinking.

Spoiler Spoiler:

In general no absolutely fucking not. I can count the times I've had reliable MP's who were not "buddy-buddy" per-say, by the count of the fingers on one of my hands. Good RP is also very "generalized." It's very easy for someone who plays MP often to have those RP moments and rep among MPs to have it transferred to them when playing CO. Having random or just jack-ass static MPs on high-pop will never be reliable.

One great jack-ass MP example that can easily fuck up a round just as much as marines: //showthrea...and-Marine-Law

Infinite frustration is correct, you will have to go with your gut choice to what seems right as CO, often, not just within the bounds of ML and SOP, but with in-game "social-situations."

Spoiler Spoiler:

What if I told you something that upon you reading this, your brain would shut-off and try to invalidate all my points? I knew the absolute bare minimum needed for ML as a CO councilor. I based my judgements of a CO applicant by a type of "red-flags" I looked out for. Hard to explain them, but my judgement with CO applicants was almost always correct, especially if more than two of those red-flags went off in my brain. Uno does not set off any of those red-flags.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Uno I knew in-game from 2020 wasn't an unpredictable cry-baby. Was very great ground-side, good ship-side, all around reliable. None of those old "red-flags" are set-off by the the behavior of 2020 I knew of or this current application.

+1

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, uh, just a reminder to anyone here - applications like these shouldn't be used for arguing, it makes it into a very long thread and prevents us from tallying the ups and downs properly. Place down your vote, whether it's +1 or -1 is up to you, but the most you can do should just be to place your two cents on why your vote is justified and leave it at that.

Cheers.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 good player and reliable

very cool hope to see you as CO soon!!

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since my previous reply was deleted for "toxicity", I'm going to just waterboard everybody with words since being frank doesn't get the point across evidently.

Satomi, more than any active player seeking the whitelist currently, deserves the CO whitelist.

Why? Because Satomi has every trait the whitelist requires to be an excellent Commanding Officer - he is personable, capable, experienced, and level-headed. It is rare to find an applicant with even two of these traits, and yet here we have somebody with all four. It would be an absolute crime both to the server and the whitelist as a whole to deny such a player a rightfully deserved role over something so minor as MP hours - something that, beyond knowing how brig consoles work, isn't even required to understand the application of Marine Law.

Let's go through the traits:

Personable - All you need to do is look at the flood of support on this app, Satomi leaves good impressions on the people he interacts with, even some remembering him a year later and having nothing but good things to say (Arbs) coming out of the woodwork to voice that they believe he deserves the role. There is no better justification for giving someone a chance than something like this, a bunch of people coming out to vouch that despite app nitpicking this player is WORTH the chance. Satomi is worth the chance, simple as.

Capable - Both as an SL and in CIC Satomi has proven in pretty much every round he has played that he is adept at using every tool available to him, and can communicate while he's at it. From using JTAC as SL to keeping information relaying amongst squads as SO/XO, you won't find him fucking up often, and when he does he usually picks up on it and smooths it out quickly. I would go so far as to say that, upon receiving his whitelist, Satomi would very quickly prove to be one of the most capable Commanding Officers on CM as it stands currently.

Experienced - Satomi is a fairly long-term player, his hours don't even tell half the story since he's more than picked up the "necessary" playtime before tracking was even added. This ties a lot into capability, but you can simply tell he knows what he's doing, and has the confidence not to falter when doing it.

Level-headed - This is a player you will never see talking shit over dying, or salting about balance, or blaming one specific person. This is a player you can trust to keep his cool and try to make the best of any situation, no matter what trash-pile the round ends up turning into. This is pretty much the rarest quality you will find on CM, or any game really. How much more really needs to be said?

So yeah, I'm dropping the fattest +1 up in this bitch, it would be an absolute waste to deny this app.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree with Chainsawmullet, that Satomi leaves good impression and is level headed. I cannot judge, if someone is good or bad commander, because I lack understanding of CM meta and commanding of squads in general. However I can say, that in round I played with them, they did good during their first appeal, were willing to listen to other MPs.
    I do believe, that CO needs some experience in MPing to, for example, not get in trouble because of how timer and JAS works. At the same time, however, MPs will point out any flaws in judgement and logic of CO (MPs are not always right as well, so CO should not listen to them all the time) and if CO is willing to listen to arguments of MPs, I do not believe, that practice knowledge of ML is really required (Because, as I said, MPs will point flaws out).
    I believe, that Satomi knowledge of ML and willingness to learn and listen are enough for CO whitelist. +1 from me. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever Satomi plays CIC/XO I don't have the feeling to shoot myself in game due to CIC.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Competent player that understands how rounds play out on the ground and has demonstrated an awareness to what marines seek from a command player when they've went CIC roles. Any concerns about lack of marine law knowledge should be dismissed as a simple 1 on 1 conversation between them and other CO's will resolve this as well as the fact that they can freely ahelp if uncertain.

Frankly I'm quite ashamed at how this application is being received by other members of the community and CO WL. Satomi is definitely fit for the role of CO more so than many others who have gotten or retain the WL. More importantly they speak to heart of what the CO WL has always been about, something many mention in their apps but rarely actually implement in game. Contributing to the round and the overall marine experience, I have no doubts that they will be able to achieve this as a CO.

Apologies if this comes across as toxic but I am very disappointed at the reception of this app.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright i got a chance to meet Heartless in game so its time i added my piece to this. I will split my post to multiple parts since besides standard voting and feedback i would also like to adress some issues that croped up during this apps lifetime.

The role of CO and knowledge of ML

Lets start with the biggest one. The role of CO and his responsibilities changed and with it comes a change of what is expected of the player playing said role. While it is encouraged to create a memorable character and build a reputation among marine players and while its completely ok to try and create unique strategies and find interesting projects to either start or get involved in its more of an added bonus rather than the main focus of CO as a role. CO is a manager. You are the leader of all USCM personel in your operational area and on your ship. You are expected to not only conduct the ground operation but also make sure everything is running smooth on the ship itself. You are expected to be the person any marine player can turn to in game to solve a problem. You are expected to be able to make the right decision in small ammount of time and to keep both IC RP standard in mind as well as OOC fun for marines and rules of the server. Of course you cannot be expected to do that all by yourself which is where delegation comes in.

Despite what many people seem to think, CO is NOT just XO with fancy gear. In fact XO is only a subset (albeit important) of the responsibilites you as CO have. When it comes to running the ground operation it is prefered to let XO do it if they wish and are able. You may want to set a plan or do briefing which is fine, but if the XO wants to lead the ground operation and are competent to do it you should let them. You have five departments to watch over (CIC and the ground op, medbay, engineering, brig, requisitions) and its your job as CO to make sure those departments are running and working together to achieve victory. So while you might want to replace the XO in cases when they seem unable or unwilling to do their job, just like you would replace the RO for the exact same reason, it is prefered if you let them handle their job. Don't fix whats not broken basically.

In ideal circumstances when you have all departments staffed and working without issues you have time to either find a shipside project to focus on, help the XO with the operation or even to deploy and lead the troops groundside. But most of the time this is simply not the case. When there is a problem in a department and the relevant head can't handle it (or many times is part of that problem) it's your job to go and fix it and make sure the ship is running as it should. As such you need to have a basic understanding on how each department works. This is the reason why there is a question on each CO app asking about your experience in other department head positions. Which finally brings me to the ML.

While i agree that you don't need to have a lot of MP hours to become CO, you need to demonstrate that you understand the ML and how its applied around the ship. Since ML and MPs by extention affect a lot of players (almost all human players) and you are the highest authority on ML matters on the ship you should have an understanding on how it works. If you don't know certain procedures its fine to ask but most of the times it will be you people turn to for answers. There are many unique provision (apeals, pardons, BEs, SOP) that you as CO have to understand to use them correctly, since if you don't you are risking both IC punishment and on some cases even OOC one.

While most of the time you can delegate a lot of ML stuff to CMP there are times when there is none around. If all you have is one or two regular MPs that may not be that experienced then it falls on you to make sure proper procedures are followed which is the reason you need to know them yourself.

Most people here would absolutely batter down a synth applicant who doesn't know how to do engineering or medical, yet those same people get almost offended on the notion that CO should know ML, SOP and how to run departments despite having direct and highest authority over those. Being CO should be a guarantee of competence in leadership and management same as the synth is a guarante of competence in support roles. You ask synth to do anything around the ship and expect them to know how to do it, yet you would let a person with highest authority over ML to not know a thing about the correct appliance of it.

Yes CO is not known to be a high standard role but its slowly starting to be. And i hope that it will increase more and more in time.

Players voting on this app

Letting people vote on the app is meant to be a way to not only show your support or oposition for the applicant but also for leaving constructive feedback. What happened here is unfortunate and i hope it won't happen on any other apps. If someone has questions that he wants the applicant to answer and those questions are relevant to the subject its completely fine to ask those questions and they should be answered to the best of the applicants ability.

It is unfortunate that what happened here was a bunch of people seeing some of the issues raised as feedback by other COs and decided to use this app to push their own agenda. Discussing an app on other discords and then bringin in a hord of players, some of which are banned or dewhitelisted and comming in just to +1 without any feedback, using this app as a way to push your view on larger issues of current CM is unwelcome and it actually hurts Heartless app process.

If you want to talk about what you think a CO should be or shouldn't then go ahead and start a thread on the forum or discuss it on discord. But using an app to push your ideas really doesn't help anyone. If anything it casts a bad light on Heartless and makes people weary about them based on who supports them in their app and with what reasoning. Since many active COs today care about raising the standard of the whitelist and those same people then see such a positive support on this app from people promoting no standards at all makes Heartless look like a bad candidate despite their own app and actions saying otherwise. So please stop doing this.

Discussing another persons app that got accepted and saying stuff like "so CMP mains get accepted but Satomi doesn't. Lmao" and stuff like that just adds onto this issue. The standard holds the same for all applicants and whatever role they choose to main doesn't matter at all. Despite what many people think the CO WL is not an elitist circle jerk and literally any player can get the whitelist if they adhere to the standard. Same as with Synths and same as with Preds.

The vote itself

While i didn't have a chance to see Satomi in the game that much i know from the feedback of other people that they are a good XO. The only reservations i had were in terms of ML knowledge and handling procedure. I did my own test of those today and i was pleased with the result. While the fact that you had to be forced into at least learning how to do it raises a red flag for me, you have proven that you are willing to listen to the people under your command and that you are able to handle apeals and other usual ML matters well enough.

You prefer to delegate ML matters to the MPs which is absolutely a valid way to handle things but you do have to realize that wheter you want to or not you will have to do it yourself sometimes. Its incredibly hard to make a fair judgement due to the reasons stated above, but if i try and ignore the bad light some of the people posting on this app put you into, i'll give you a careful +1.

I hope you take the things i said here to heart, especially the first part, and don't get swayed or dismayed by some of the COs and their negative votes. I will certainly try to see more of you ingame in the meantime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Satomi is amazing and the fact that we're now 5 pages deep of overwhelming positive support from whitelisted players and the general playerbase, and she still hasn't been accepted, is just a fine example of how bad whitelists are. +1, not that it means anything.