0 Thread(s)
    as a former CM moderator i think mp mains are the worst so +1 to you king

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About time we get this over with.

I will admit - part of the reason Council has been backed up trying to review this app properly is because of the sheer amount of arguments surrounding it. I'm sorry your application had to get caught in the crossfire between two sides of an argument and it has detracted from allowing us to look at center stage - your commanding ability.

There are plenty of players here who have said they will vouch for your commanding ability and I have to agree with what they say. You're a good XO, I've seen you command ops multiple times and I don't think anyone will have doubts in the commanding aspect of letting you take the wheel as a CO.

Now to what people do have doubts about, the law. I'll keep it short and sweet as to not stuff my mouth with the words of everyone elses' opinions here on the matter, and this is something I've said before:

The Captain is a Captain. An MP is an MP. Yes, you need knowledge of Marine Law enough in order to properly handle appeals, pardons, arrest orders, etc; whatever provisions are given to you by the whitelist that involves ML is something you need to research in order to take full advantage of it and not get punished. But do you need to painstakingly research every single law, procedure, and loophole to perform your duties better than a CMP? No. No you do not. It helps, yes, but it's not mandatory in my opinion and you should not be trying to usurp the duties of the CMP; it gets to a point where you're micromanaging something that can manage itself and if you have the ability to delegate problems to more specialized individuals (MPs) you have the right and the ability to do so. Just remember to use it.

This will be a +1 from me, you got my support. Good luck!
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be supporting this as well, you are decent at command, pretty good at roleplaying, and you just tick all the boxes. The support you are receiving here is great, and I believe you know everything surrounding Marine Law that a Captain should know now.

I need not to echo, the reasons to accept this overwhelmingly outweigh the reasons to deny this.

+1

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 from me then. Congrats and good luck, yeah?
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a 3/5 majority the application is accepted and I welcome you to the Third Fleet. I look forward to seeing you on our roster and preparing to take to Tychon's rift to help with counter-insurgency and other various issues arising in the sector.

I feel it is important to make one thing clear having seen a very heated thread emerge from disagreements on what qualifies a CO application. A CO is recommended to have at least some MP hours, if he or she doesn't however it is not a major concern as long as they understand marine law itself. The three things as Nanu listed put it out very clearly: Pardons, Battlefield Executions, and SOP changing. As long as you understand these powers and the weight they hold when used then you should have no problem as a CO. This is of course assuming your character is well known and not a griefer/toxic troll as well.

Understand that also I do not view COs or even applicants who actively denounce roleplay and MPs in a good light. Regardless of how you feel about the CO role it is expected to be MRP-HRP as the role sets the setting for the round and the MPs will always be the department that will both defend you and perform arrests for you. If they are failing to do this then a report/ahelp should be made or a fax should be sent as it borders and often goes over to an OOC issue.

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021