User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An unhinged rant complaining about the lack of roleplay standards

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hewwo it is me mei may, I myself am very low roleplay and my behaviour has always been considered poor by various people. But, I always try to be nice even in spite that some people will not like what I do, I think about being nice to people and having fun in the game. because this is after all, a game to be enjoyed by everyone and not a selective group of people. Everyone play CM for a different reason either because of nostalgia, they were recommended by friends to play this game or otherwise they have come across it and like it. I'm not very good at English but I try to roleplay as best I can despite that my grammar is terrible... I really do hope everyone can get along instead of having to argue in the game for poor reasons over things that don't need to be said a million time and that everyone should have the right to play ss13 however they damn please so long as it doesn't break the rules or severely destroy the enjoyment of others, It may be a game but the point of a game is not to win, It's to be entertaining.

I have played a server that I'm not gonna name but they try to solve the issue in-character by having admin spawn themself in as a physical interactable character that can influence the round. Maybe we can do that too? idk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urytion View Post
    This is the culmination of a lot of stuff, but the one that made me write this is medbay storage. It is broken into nearly every round, especially on lowpop. It is never addressed, because there are very rarely MPs on in my timezone, and if there are, they don't mind. To break the window and then steal supplies are two minor crimes, which they can (and usually do) elect to ignore. If it was an isolated incident, it would be an IC issue. But it's consistent, and widespread across a large section of the community, which to my eyes, makes it an OOC issue that requires either mechanical enforcement (eg, making the windows unbreakable like req's) or admin intervention. In a round today, I tried a little experiment. I told all marines over general, and medics again over medical channel, that all requests from medbay for supplies would be accepted. I assigned a doctor to medical storage to ensure that all requests were filled promptly, so they couldn't whip out the old "BUT I NEED MUH INJECTOR BEFORE FIRST DROP". Marines still shotgunned the window, in front of the doctor. They would rather not roleplay than type one line asking permission from someone who was standing by to facilitate their requests. As a response, we closed chemistry. And again, there were no MPs. That's when I realised that without MPs, there's no roleplay standards, because roleplay is only really enforced by marine law. So I spent the entire round distributing drugs until an MP rocked up, and then I was arrested.
    Until the Doors get fixed nobody is going to bat an eye about people breaking shit in medbay

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90% of the crimes are the same vendors, closets, and preps being broken into each round to get supplies.

They should update mechanics so these arent done anymore.

The idea of "squad req" was interesting.. but I think we can all agree that no one really uses it. Get rid of them replace them with vending machines.

Buff the first aid injector so people stop breaking into the closet to rob the bags. Remove the bags from the closet and put them in a vendor
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    90% of the crimes are the same vendors, closets, and preps being broken into each round to get supplies.

They should update mechanics so these arent done anymore.

The idea of "squad req" was interesting.. but I think we can all agree that no one really uses it. Get rid of them replace them with vending machines.

Buff the first aid injector so people stop breaking into the closet to rob the bags. Remove the bags from the closet and put them in a vendor
    lmao but feature freezs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we should just make it so all medical items, attachments and kits are free to get from an open prep vendor so everyone can gear up quickly, and leave more time for actual roleplay between people before deployment. People could waste the 15 minutes or so before drop by doing boxing matches, goofing around, having squad breakfasts etc. Waiting in req is just an artificial loading time and adds literally nothing to the game, its the kind of "static background roleplay" that serves no purpose at all. The kind of RP that CM and SS13 in general is so great for is the character driven, emergent roleplay that comes from people interacting with eachover, waiting in a line to be served by someone literally just feels like you are being forced to be a NPC. This would appease both the roleplayers of the game as they would have more time to do their own thing before drop, and would appease the "no rp gamers" who, quite understandably, just wanna go shoot aliens in a game about shooting aliens. I'm sure alot of people would just gear up quick and go wait on the dropship, and thats fine too, but those that didn't wouldent have to waste time fucking about with busywork for the 10000th time and actually have opportunity to build up comradery and character development with their fellow ungas.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    based dreven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    we should just make it so all medical items, attachments and kits are free to get from an open prep vendor so everyone can gear up quickly, and leave more time for actual roleplay between people before deployment. People could waste the 15 minutes or so before drop by doing boxing matches, goofing around, having squad breakfasts etc. Waiting in req is just an artificial loading time and adds literally nothing to the game, its the kind of "static background roleplay" that serves no purpose at all. The kind of RP that CM and SS13 in general is so great for is the character driven, emergent roleplay that comes from people interacting with eachover, waiting in a line to be served by someone literally just feels like you are being forced to be a NPC. This would appease both the roleplayers of the game as they would have more time to do their own thing before drop, and would appease the "no rp gamers" who, quite understandably, just wanna go shoot aliens in a game about shooting aliens. I'm sure alot of people would just gear up quick and go wait on the dropship, and thats fine too, but those that didn't wouldent have to waste time fucking about with busywork for the 10000th time and actually have opportunity to build up comradery and character development with their fellow ungas.
    This. I've been saying this forever. Waiting times dont add to RP but take away from it and have no right to exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe I'm saying this but based Dreven??
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misti Rockwell View Post
    Can't believe I'm saying this but based Dreven??
    Yeah, I didn't see myself agreeing with Dreven here, considering one of the things I mentioned in my rant HE DID, but yeah, he's not wrong.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honest though, streamlining CM to a point where it would make logical sense in a 21st-century setting should be one of the first things we did.
    and we didn't??? that's funny