Date of Incident
    March 1, 2021

Your Character Name?
    Zach Dumont

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Sniperpilot1

Accused Character Name
    James 'Jailbird' Cooper

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    8pm CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2

Description of the incident:
    To preface this, I don't know if all the dozen or so marines were guilty or not guility. I know alot of the conduct here is on the MPs and CMP of the round, who failed the players and hopefully they are job banned.

The round started with a marine destroying the req railings in their squad req, they were arrested. What followed was a series of arrest all conducted on Bravo, some for minor crimes and some for obvious major (jailbreak, c4ing brig.) The whole squad on round start was practically brigged, a handful perma'd.

Most of the IOs were also brigged for long terms for saying "Fuck MPs."

The XO and his conduct come into play as multiple marines, SOs and myself (CL) bring this up to him. The conduct of the MPs at this point - as reported on the radio are.

- Failure to allow appeals
    - Failure to treat prisoners (medical).

I spoke to the XO and so did others, explaining that the rights of the marines were being infringed on by the MPs. However the XO refused to even recognize the situation instead focusing on the Xeno-slaying portion of the server rather then do his duties as an XO.

To make this appeal short and concise this is how the XO's shortcomings.

- Failure to hear appeals.
    - Failure to address MP conduct or to contact HC regarding it.
    - Failure to understand the duties and role of the executive officer and the RP standards associated with the role.

The XO failed to make himself available to hear appeals, even when the CMP denied appeals on his end and rather focused himself to command the now cripple marine force since they were down a squad for bravo, the XO ignored all requests by radio, by in person players like his SOs and other people of the command staff. Even on when the XO was on the brink of mutiny he ignored it, thankfully for him the mutiny did not proceed.

Multiple members of the command staff faxed HC repeately for the MPs conduct to be investigated, thankfully the admin staff did dispatch a PM the out come of the investigations weren't made public to me before the round ended. The XO only asked for the PM to show up to the CIC near round end (1 xeno left) as he had pretty much won the round with his 'commanding.'

In conclusion the XO indirectly ruined the round for a dozen or so players due to their tunnel vision like view on how to play an XO. The XO's character was played rather unrealistically, a commander wouldn't blatantly ignore complaints of neglect or misconduct like that - to the point where he did not even respond ICly to anyone about this but focused on shooting off announcements about the battle than address his RP.

It's obvious this player has no idea how to play the XO despite the time in, they need to be formally warned or job banned for their misconduct and failure to RP properly on that round.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Formal warning on record, or job ban. Whichever is more reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off many of those marines did commit crimes atleast from what i heard and the IOs got brigged for letting the marines in and trying to make the riot worse and im sorry i couldnt handle appeals i was the only one in CIC at the time but i think most of the rines did crimes i dont really know just pull logs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperpilot1 View Post
    First off many of those marines did commit crimes atleast from what i heard and the IOs got brigged for letting the marines in and trying to make the riot worse
    I'm not saying they're all innocent, but because you percieved them as "all guilty" you refused to hear appeals or investigate the CMP or MPs.

im sorry i couldnt handle appeals i was the only one in CIC at the time
    You had SOs on deck, you never recognized there was an issue what you did wasn't acceptable of a XO and honestly is LRP with you UNGA atttiude towards just killing xenos then dealing with on ship affairs, you could of delegated this duty to an SO if the bridge was so important but you had a serious lapse of judgement that round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CIC had only one SO who faxed HC and cryoed soon after and we had no more SOs so i was alone in CIC so i couldnt really help the appeals and why do i need to appeal we had crimson as cmp i was also never called for it the only thing i was told was 'james they are denying us appeals hurr durr' not james can you come and do appeal what rp was i doing none that right i was too busy 'leading' my first ever OP alone in CIC so im sorry if roleplay isint up to your standards. And whos round was even ruined mabe the IOs who did jailbreak and aiding cause they got perma and the reason thos rines got arrested is because they went to go break out their SL from brig and denied to deploy 16 in bravo and only 3 deployed im questioning where you got the multiple cic staff honestly i would have killed for 1 or 2 SOs to help me out cause i was confused and how did i affect you to the point of a player report?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SO cryoed the 1 SO thats all i had and thay werent all guilty i know but the fact of the matter is they tried breaking the SL out and refused to deploy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CIC had only one SO who faxed HC
    Researcher, and myself did aswell multiple times.

i couldnt really help the appeals
    You never even responded you just ignored every attempt to talk to you even at the edge of a mutiny.

why do i need to appeal we had crimson as cmp
    ... The CMP and MPs were forcefully denying appeals, thats why WE ASKED YOU.

i was also never called for it
    Logs can and will disapprove this, checking radio aswell and calls of MP abuse is gross neglect of ic.

my first ever OP alone in CIC so im sorry if roleplay isint up to your standards.
    You're shifting accountability off yourself when in reality you were the sole reason things got so bad to what they got to.

Again, your mindset was 'kill xeno' rather then kill xeno and do RP.

. And whos round was even ruined mabe
    The handful of people perma'd who never got to appeal.

how did i affect you to the point of a player report?
    Your RP, knowledge or lack there of affected my quality of RP and immersion, to the point where you had crippled the command staff and structure of the Battalion. Your inability to do your job got me bogged down in all this nonsense I wasn't able to get any CL stuff done because we had been pulled into this vortex of abuse by you, indirectly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinThicc View Post
    Not really a witness here but someone who had a similar situation to Sniper/James as XO.

You can't expect someone to leave their post of having to guide marines and give them supplies and support to handle an issue which is an OOC issue
    )
    Appeals were an IC issue not OOC, if anything the MPs not following ML like they should is an OOC issue but things like this are being dealt with ICLY.

1. Quiet CIC that contributes fuck all to the OP and just goes to RP will result in a mutiny by some HvH hungry marines

James was on verge of a mutiny from surviving bravo members because their squad wasen't being given appeals, it fizzled out thankfully to him.

2. That stuff is a rulebreak from their end and as such you ahelp about it and the admins handle it.
    XOs have a duty to hear appeals especially if a CMP is denying any hearing of appeals, maybe you aren't versed too well with ML.

Maybe you just to half-read appeals and make off colored comments like this.

The reality is yes, the MPs fucked up but the XO owes his men the right to appeal.

"Anyone under the jurisdiction of Marine Law has the right to appeal their punishment to the CMP or Commander which may designate someone else to handle it. Should either be involved, they must designate an uninvolved mp or uninvolved commissioned officer."

He could of still been a Xeno slayer in his CiC, all he had to do was designate someone like the CMO, any other officer.

To make appeals heard, he didn't and instead all this shit happended to them and me.

Again, I'm sure there's a rule why non-witnesses should abstain from speaking because you added nothing but a loaded opinion here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialtone View Post
    He could of still been a Xeno slayer in his CiC, all he had to do was designate someone like the CMO, any other officer.
    The CMO is a civilian. He isn't allowed to do any command shit at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormaethor View Post
    The CMO is a civilian. He isn't allowed to do any command shit at all.
    Thank you :3.

The intent is the XO can designate someone else to hear appeals on his behalf

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will pull logs for this by tomorrow.