0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redcell121 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Redcell121

Marine Name
    Albert Reez, but I mainly play as an alien.

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Joe

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    As a Working Joe, Joe is rather flat and monotone in his encounters with other beings such as humans. He is very direct with most and somewhat dim-witted when it comes to social interaction. On top of this he is a stickler for protocol.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    My reasoning for applying to this whitelist is mainly due to the fact that I enjoy playing as synthetic/robot characters on SS13.

Synthetic Character Story
    A Seegson synthetic Working Joe brought onboard the Almayer as am extra hand to assist the station mostly with repairs but was capable of performing other menial tasks here and there such as janitorial duties or other minor assignments. The synthetic would sometimes even be taken on military operations to repair the APCs and has been blown apart on several occasions and put back together many times which earned it somewhat of a reputation around the station.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    I am most familiar with basic repairs and construction.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I have a basic understanding of command.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I am very familiar with medical. I can perform surgery, amputate limbs, remove shrapnel, etc. I'd say i'm pretty good with those kinds of situations.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Not very familiar with requisitions at all.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    In the case someone aboard the station attempts to attack me I would be able to defend myself instead of just running away or simply allowing that someone to kill me.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I would prefer to be a Working Joe rather than one of the more finer synthetics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check the rules

Edit;

You seem cool enough to get it in the future but make sure to get some experience on the server first

by rules I meant the synth thingy document with all the names, Joe's been around for ages - my mistake for not clarifying.
    either way, fingers crossed next time you try
    Last edited by lanche; 03-03-2021 at 01:52 AM. Reason: guy seems too nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the rules. Is there something specific i'm meant to be looking out for?

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want to play a synth like Bishop, David, Ash, or a synth like basic borgs from other servers and Alien: Isolation?
    Synthetic Senator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to play one like the ones from Alien: Isolation. A Working Joe.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello chap, I'm gonna go over some points here:

First off, the name Joe is taken, but I won't fault you for not knowing that.

As a synthetic, you need to know how to perform the jobs of every department exceptionally well.

Your story should be a lot more substantial and express your quirk in dialogue and action.

As for combat, giving us at least a couple examples is nice, and explaining it just a bit more so we know you can apply it to different situations.

Overall, you seem like a new player, and that's all good, but you need to work on your support roles and story, and talk to others about your whitelist, which you can do in the whitelist help channel on discord.

So, don't be afraid of re-applying or anything, but go learn all the jobs and get feedback on your application. You can talk to us synth councilors if you want, we're here to help.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, thanks!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have a misconception about how our synths work on the server.

Each whitelisted synth is a unique personality; they are an advanced android which has been given a quirk, and then uses this personality to better assimilate into the marine forces. A history buff synth, a butler synth, a 1970's slang synth, a news reporter synth, these are all examples. Theoretically, you could have your quirk be "just a basic, emotionless synth", and I'd be okay with that. To reach your goal of being as close to a "Working Joe" as you can get, I'd recommend getting a unique synth name, getting more experience in support roles, and then reapply in a month. Synthvivor sounds right up your alley.

Thanks for applying man!
    Synthetic Senator