Byond ID?
    Glass Bottle Coke, JennerH (old)

CM Character?
    Madison 'Spicey' Delaney

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Pacific Standard Time

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    8-16ish, I have a pretty flexible schedule. I play alot now, so probably more.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I've been a moderator here twice, as well as a mentor. I'm a game admin for Classic CM but that's more of an event runner role than anything.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Classic CM, a tiny bit of TGMC, TG, a bunch of others I've played over the last 4 years but none recently.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Classic CM as Game Admin.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    not more than 24 hours, no.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    N/A

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Of course. It's a staff *team*, afterall.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would leave it as an IC issue, MPs handled it fine.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would tell them to make a report on the forums, it's a pred council issue.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would direct a mentor towards them. If none were on I might help him myself if I have the time.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would remind him of rule 3: don't be a dick and inform him that if he has an issue with how I'm handling the situation he can make a report/appeal on the forums, give him a link and if he continued to be rude I'd escalate it to a note and a 3 hour ban (assuming the issue doesn't involve him getting a harsher punishment already).

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would message the marine informing him that John Doe isn't a proper name as per rule 9 and ask them what name they would rather have and change it, giving them a note and a reminder to read the rules. If they have previous notes I would escalate the issue based on that.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    this is an IC issue.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    unless the rules on how survivors has changed I believe this is an IC issue if there isn't any evidence to suggest the survivor was playing nice. If I felt like they might be lying I would log dive to see what they said and ask the marine for witnesses he thinks might be able to claim otherwise.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    investigate the situation. PM the MP, the victim and the RO/CT/possible witnesses for their sides of the story, check to see how the MP determined that they deserve to be perma'd, and either inform the player what they actually got perma'd for or warn/note the MP for improper brig procedure and ask them to please release the player from perma.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    if there is an admin+ I'd inform them of the situation, but if there isn't I'd send a queen mother and high command message encouraging players to pick up the progress.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    ahelp the situation, I am involved so I cannot handle it myself.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Hostile factions can continue fighting after round end, there is no EORG here. IC issue.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Rule 4 as well as round start shenanigans. Punishable by a warn/note or timed ban based on note history and moderator discretion.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    improper escalation, rule 14. note and escalate on prior note history, aheal the victim.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC to stop the mutiny and ahelp for proper permission. If they continue without approval punish accordingly.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    it's an IC issue until someone is offended, and then it's a OOC issue. I'd tell them to tone down the racist comments in LOOC and if they continue note/escalate.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban the player for Rule 4 and Rule 9, file for perma. Aheal the victims.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Xeno jobban, no combat larvas.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Rules 2 and 3. warn/note, escalate based on note history.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Hivemind is directly translated to english, so this is fine but a little roleplay never hurt anybody. Storm the bird, sisters!

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    first contact/red dog isn't a thing anymore so I'm actually unsure about this, but I know distress signal means we don't know what's wrong with the colony. I suppose it's rule 6 and I'd inform the command staff player.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    this is IC as long as it was properly roleplayed. Escape pods can't launch with more than 3 people so this was a life or death situation where fighting over the pod would happen.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Rule 3: don't be a dick.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd ask them about it in Msay, but ultimately if someone has an issue with the way a staff member handles an adminhelp they can bring it up in a appeal/report on the forums.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Same as the previous answer. If someone has a problem with the way a staff member handles a situation they can appeal/report on the forums.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I play the game enough that I would like to give back and help the server. I've had a good 3/4 years of enjoyment from this game so it's only fair.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    restraint.

Anything else you
    I'm a longtime player with a fairly clean note record. I recently changed my Ckey because I thought Glass Bottle Coke was better than JennerH.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would leave it as an IC issue, MPs handled it fine.
    It's worth it to investigate it more just incase. There can be something under the silver lining; but with our new rules on MPs, this can hold true most of the time.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    this is an IC issue.
    Half and half; while correct, make sure to check their notes, or if they've been doing this consecutively.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    unless the rules on how survivors has changed I believe this is an IC issue if there isn't any evidence to suggest the survivor was playing nice. If I felt like they might be lying I would log dive to see what they said and ask the marine for witnesses he thinks might be able to claim otherwise.
    Survivors may not be hostile unless they are a hostile faction/given explicit permission.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    if there is an admin+ I'd inform them of the situation, but if there isn't I'd send a queen mother and high command message encouraging players to pick up the progress.
    This is good, but TMods and Moderators cannot use HC announcements. We have ARES shipside/commside, and subtle message.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Xeno jobban, no combat larvas.
    This is a bit too severe; check escalation first. We've toned down on jbanning people outright for things like these. You should check in, and get them to talk about it, and then lay down the rules on them. If they have prior history, a jban could be necessary.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    first contact/red dog isn't a thing anymore so I'm actually unsure about this, but I know distress signal means we don't know what's wrong with the colony. I suppose it's rule 6 and I'd inform the command staff player.
    First contact still exists; you don't know anything about predators, or what's happening grounside. Difference is that you can know everything you'd want about xenos (meaning facehuggers, burrowers, etc.). There's no longer a need for players to build up knowledge of aliens, and how the infect etc. However, Yautja ARE first contact, always.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd ask them about it in Msay, but ultimately if someone has an issue with the way a staff member handles an adminhelp they can bring it up in a appeal/report on the forums.
    Don't forget to talk to Managers about this too. I've gotten many a DM from management, and I appreciate it when they correct me about this to standardize our moderation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Same as the previous answer. If someone has a problem with the way a staff member handles a situation they can appeal/report on the forums.
    This is not about appeal/reporting. This is two staff arguing in MSAY. You should bring this up to management.

Answers are good. Rusty, good.

I have a few concerns. You have been moderator twice, and while time dedication isn't too much of a concern--do you really want to be staff? If you feel able, you don't have to answer this question, but it would be heartening if you feel as if you can dedicate the time to moderating. There's no problem in not having enough time to tend to tasks and IRL, I only ask just for the sake of the application being worthwhile, as it's really solid to me.

The only other concern is: have you brushed up on our rules again, Marine Law, and SoP? This can be done on your free time. It's changed quite dramatically, atleast from when I last retired, it got a nice and good polish. There is going to be some new additions from what management has been throwing around recently, but those aren't up just yet(?).

I am +1 unless there is a major concern.
    Synthetic Whitelist - Brian Predator Whitelist - Baln'frim Arvhek
    Trial Moderator: 3/29/2020 - 4/4/2020 || Moderator: 4/4/2020 - 7/16/2020 || Moderator: 2/12/2021 - 5/27/21 || Discord Staffmember: 2/28/21 - 5/27/21
    Logs filed for reports: 5

Discord: rin#0142
    Moderation Staff

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not gonna go too deep, but basically I moved out a little over a year ago and things have come up this last month or so to where I suddenly have plenty of free time again, at least for a while. And I do need to read up on marine law again, but the rules themselves aren't terribly different from what I remember.

Commanding Officer Council Member Superreallycoolguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yayyay did a really good breakdown of your answers (thanks), I agree with most of what he said. There's not much more to his breakdown that I need to add on upon. If you say you're rusty on ML, I suggest heavily to work on it.

Besides that, id be happy to see this go to a trial
    +1
    I Play Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz
    CO Council Member, Discord Is Dargus#4831, DM Your CO Questions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closed as they are returning staff, talk to me on Discord.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present