Your Byond ID?
    Chaznoodles

Your Character Name?
    Marcellus Mason

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    Patton Moore, CO

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    23:00GMT

What rule(s) were broken:
    4, 16, god knows what else

Description of the incident:
    Spawned in as a pilot, got the ships geared up, helped a newer PO learn the ropes as the admins ignored the PM seeing if they'd lend him a hand. The RO asks for points via the starting DEFCON, neither the XO nor CO seem to know how to do this. I advise them on how. The CO then says he's withholding the points to spend at later DEFCON levels. I explain to him how DEFCON works and that stockpiling points doesn't work like that, get an "You're awful close to being arrested", so say on his head be it and sit in the cockpit prepping for drop. Shortly after, a MP wanders up, batons me down and arrests me for disrespect on the CO's orders. I talk to them all the way back and they say there's zero evidence of any disrespect, and I explain I was offering advice and knowledge the CO lacked. When in a cell - The CO demanded maximum time, oddly enough - the MP and another one investigated further and found there to be absolutely zero crime committed. When time ran out shortly before that, we wrote a fax and sent it off (to which we got zero reply ever). As we're writing this, the CO demands to see me in the CIC. I tell the MPs this is a BE waiting to happen, and I go up with them. Throughout the entire conversation, the CO stands right next to me for easy harm intent BE and repeatedly tries to bait me into saying something with loaded questions. I copypaste the same response as I have absolutely no want to deal with another shitty CO trying to do this. He grabs me and moves me between himself and the MP present, and then pulls his mateba.

I promptly disarm him and toss it away to the side, because I have zero want to escalate this and just want to play a round. He runs for it and picks it up, and runs back towards me to shoot me. I draw my weapon and fire a warning shot. Only at this point do the MPs interfere, tasing both the CO and myself down. The CO gets shaken up and promptly shoots me in the head before being tased again. MPs cuff me for my own safety. I get taken to the Brig and a doctor called, the CO constantly ordering the MPs and CMP to uncuff me so he can kill me. They refuse as it's the law. The doctor they call fixes me up and I get taken to the back Brig office, where the MPs and CMP are. We're still waiting on the reply to the first fax as it turns out, so the BE shouldn't have happened as there was an active investigation. An announcement comes through saying I'm to be executed for desertion - hard to desert when you've been in a cell or had a mateba in your face the entire round. The CO is standing in the doorway demanding I be taken for execution, pretty hungry for valids and to see me taken out of the round. The CMP and MPs refuse, as there is an active investigation. The CMP asked to speak to him privately, during which this came up repeatedly, sent to me later by someone observing:

The CO's out for my blood pretty clearly. During this time, the XO sends another fax detailing the CO's incompetence:

The CMP orders everyone out and pulls a fax out of nowhere - I never saw a fax come in via the machine the entire time I'd been inside. As a reply to the XO's fax - not the original one sent regarding the false arrests or the BE - It states the CO took acceptable action and won't be punished. During this time, marines mutiny for what I believe was an entirely seperate reason, the CO's sheer incompetence. Around this time, the Liason sent a different fax regarding the CO's conduct:

He starts wailing over announcements about CLF, and gets admins to send a riot squad. During this time, I assist the wounded CMP to get to a doctor and drag wounded and dead to medics, taking no part in any fighting. In a corridor while moving to get more wounded, I get batoned down by one of the random riot squad and cuffed and dragged to the execution chamber, where the CO makes up the desertion charge and has me shot.

At this point, I'm tired of it. Round in, round out, certain whitelisted CO players pull the same shit on me because they know they can get away with it. Whenever I adminhelp an occurrence, I get told to make a player report. Whenever I make a player report, I get what is basically "fuck off chaz" and it closed with zero investigation. There's some pretty clear admin bias regarding how I'm dealt with, see below for one example:

During adminhelps regarding the false arrest, it was declared an IC action, even though it was max time purely because it was me, and a false arrest. During the illegal BE which the CO tried to bait, I was told the CO can do what he wants, long story short. When I got executed, I snapped at an admin from constantly being treated like shit and copped a ban for it. Throughout most of my time here, there's been a clear admin bias and unwillingness to follow complaints I've made with an unbiased mind, which certain whitelisted players know and take full advantage of. It's beyond a joke that these people know they can fuck with another player to round-ruining levels with zero consequence due to the responses of "make a player report" and "fuck off chaz". I'm not making a seperate admin report for those involved, with the unwillingness to investigate any of the CO's actions, the spawning of a riot squad when the CO was clearly in the wrong on multiple independent fronts, and slapping a ban on me for finally snapping because of the refusal to deal with nonstop bullying and grudging. At no point am I saying that me snapping was right nor am I complaining about it, but kick a dog enough and he bites. You'll see numerous reports from me regarding the same few whitelisted players who continually dick with me, with no more than two or three replies before an admin closes with because, long story short, "fuck you chaz".

Throughout the past god knows how long, I've had nothing levelled against me, no reason for any sort of reputation like this to be spread. I've been helpful to other players, created fun for others, followed rules and not had anything leveled against me. The fact that this kind of behaviour is rewarded by negative responses from staff with zero investigation, and from whitelisted players who should be held to a higher standard with metagrudging is extremely telling of what is fostered towards people that others have developed a dislike of.

If you can't keep your own whitelisted players from shitting on another player every opportunity they can, and stop your staff from letting them do it with zero repercussions because of who it is, then maybe you should reassess what kind of environment you're trying to create.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Find it yourself, I'm not digging it up.

How you would punish the accused:
    Ban for metagrudging.
    Last edited by Chaznoodles; 02-05-2019 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey speaking as a witness here.

I cannot comment on the whole situation, as I was not present for a big chunk of the round. The only thing I would like to say is, the Riot Team likely detained you as a put out an arrest warrent on you for a (2nd?) announcement which was accusing the CO of lying about the CLF and that he was murdering people in the brig (or something to that accord) during/shortly after a mutiny, which will likely explain why you was detained by the Riot Teams rather swiftly.

Regarding your attitude to the staff member, it was pretty unacceptable and you know it is. I know it is easy to get salty when you feel like you've been wronged, by Sarg is literally the most neutral chap in existence, he is the Sweden of the staff team and you spoke to him like shit. You're not a bad dude but you need to really work on your temper lad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Regarding your attitude to the staff member, it was pretty unacceptable and you know it is. I know it is easy to get salty when you feel like you've been wronged, by Sarg is literally the most neutral chap in existence, he is the Sweden of the staff team and you spoke to him like shit. You're not a bad dude but you need to really work on your temper lad.
    As said, that wasn't right of me. It just hit a point where I've had the same spiel over and over again from staff who are pretty biased against me, and his whole "I've never seen you before" thing riled me because I've interacted with him numerous times before, and know that my name gets tossed around a lot with bad connotations. There's been zero temper issues before,I've never flipped at anyone here before, just kick a dog enough as stated. The kind of behaviour displayed by numerous staff and certain players towards me reached a peak.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaznoodles View Post
    As said, that wasn't right of me. It just hit a point where I've had the same spiel over and over again from staff who are pretty biased against me, and his whole "I've never seen you before" thing riled me because I've interacted with him numerous times before, and know that my name gets tossed around a lot with bad connotations. I have no temper, I've never flipped at anyone here before, just kick a dog enough. The kind of behaviour displayed by numerous staff and certain players towards me reached a peak.
    I can't comment on specific bias' in the community, I'm not the most up-to-date with all the drama and stuff which happens out of game. (I'm here to teach new players the game and play myself, the rest isn't really my concern tbh), I can say that while I can see your view point but with at the very least on this situation, his judgement was inline with literally any other person who's spoke to staff like that. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in to help explain the situation.

Best of luck finding a resolution to the situation mate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I warned you when you first started about defcon points and your beginnings in lecturing me that you needed to can it.
    You continued to try and lecture me regarding key systems on the ship and implying i didnt know anything over the command channel, i had you tossed in the brig.
    You complained and had the MP fax high command, as was your right.

You came to CIC, proceeded to copy and paste
    "I am not speaking to you sir becuase of your false arrest." About 20 times. I told you numerous times you were in a mission critical role and you needed to deploy.
    I inquired several times with the MPs and the CMP that your statement had been taken and that a report was being filed. I continued to tell you to deploy. The MPs and CMP told you that you needed to return to duty and that your report was being sent and they would contact you with the result and that you were no longer under MP protection. I proceeded again to tell you to deploy. You refused.

At this point you as a pilot officer in a critical role, were refusing to carry out your duty. Refusing to carry out your duty of a critical role was a threat to the ship by harming the corps and the mission because of your failure to carry out your duty. As well as a threat to my command by directly undermining my command by refusing to carry out your duty so. I took my mateba and BE'd you.

You dodged it and the CMP interrupted and arrested you. So i went and made an announcement that you would be formally executed for desertion seeing as how you were now in the custody of the MPs.
    The CMP refused we talked about it. And the fax was sent out.

After the mutiny you had still broken the law and the execution order was still valid. so i had you taken to the brig and executed by the MPs for desertion.

As for you getting banned, you were incredibly rude to sargash who is one of the chillest mods and was neutral as all hell regarding your situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it's a staff member.

I copied and pasted the same text because was I fuck replying to your loaded questions and threats and giving you reason to BE me, which you did anyway. If I was so mission critical like you're saying, why did you brig me in the first place - ordering max time on a false crime.

Throughout the entire time you were itching to BE me, what with standing on the adjacent tile so you wouldn't miss and nonstop pushing the MPs to tell you the fax was sent so I wasn't part of the complaints process.

First lie. Logs and MPs will show me not dodging, but pushing you over and tossing the mateba across the room to remove it and try to deescalate the situation. You repeatedly ordered the CMP and MP to uncuff me so you could take me out the round.

Your false charge of desertion was some made up shit you pulled to get me out of the round, It's hard to desert when you're either in a cell or with a mateba in your face.

The fact that you're a moderator begs the question whether your staff role and previous bias shown against me, what with you having done this repeatedly before, had any effect on the input of other staff in the false arrest, illegal be, multiple faxes and the marine mutiny as well as the adminspawned riot team. Not to mention the numerous other bad BE reports you've had.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CMP and similar to solidfury I joined in very late. The actions I took caused a massive debate on whether I took the correct action in taking you into custody and refusing to release you just so you can be BE�d. Your execution was a certainty as your actions towards the CO were little short of baiting execution. Had you not dodged the BE and then tried to kill Patton much of the chaos that followed would have been mitigated though only because my morality wouldn�t let me give you over to death after being arrested. Had you not almost killed Patton I�d have let you die in the first place. I reviewed the information I was given about your initial charge and deemed it was valid and wasn�t was content to let things play out.

As for the fax I heard it come through but it spawed below the fax rather than on top of it. I am appreciative of how you treated me IC, but you really are lucky the argument of morality kept you alive as long as it did.

Edit: To clarify; you did try to de-escalate but you�d already toe�d the line too much. You evaded the first actual shot from the mateba and when you drew your shotgun myself and my team intervened to prevent the death of the commanding officer.
    Last edited by forest2001; 02-05-2019 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a witness I can confirm that the pilot of the Alamo was in his seat waiting for marines to board, when he was arrested. If he had launched the shuttle prior to the point where he was drug out, we'd have left easily half our forces shuffling each-other outside the DS. Charging a pilot for desertion when you had to pull them out of their cockpit is acting either stupid or with ill intent. As someone who's been unfortunate to be in the same round as Taketheshot when he's playing MP, I can verify his tendency to stretch marine law as far as he can to get max sentencing.

During the round the CO was hands on, and it was nice to have command present. Then he went silent and we never heard from him again. I assume that this is when he has decided that BEing a prisoner in custody was more important than the OP.

As for how the mutiny went down:
    First shots fired were from someone disarm spamming a guy holding a tac shotgun. Then some idiot threw a grenade. Unfortunately MPs opened up with lethals, as usual. Once the riot got out of hand, an ERT was called. I was fortunate enough to be placed in it. Once we located and secured the CO, marines kept coming to kill him. So the CO kept executing marines. It became very difficult to keep track of him and I'd lost an arm. But he made a tough job essentially impossible due to his bloodlust.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to post as a character witness. As much as I hate to admit it, this essentially fits Moore's usual playstyle. I remember the very first round I played after the Commander rework I got a veiled threat from him after politely correcting him for calling his XO the CO of the ship (my words were, I think "it's just a rank chance, he's still the XO and you're the CO" and I got a fairly hostile response), but I've also seen him BE someone in full view of the MPs (after ordering the MPs not to arrest the Marine) during briefing simply for calling him gay since then. From my own experience, Moore's always been this character I dread seeing in the CO position because they seem to regularly try to bait BEs and he's proven to have no issue using it over the smallest provocation.

As someone who was part of this round as a Doctor, I do remember the CMP calling a doctor to the brig and stressing that it was absolutely vital that someone show up immediately, which was kind of odd. Then the mutiny starts up and Moore starts painting it as CLF trying to take over the ship, but a PO (I assume Chaz) starts calling it out as BS and the CMP even orders us to treat everyone involved in it, outright calling it a mutiny. After that, a riot squad gets sent in to protect the CO, but by this point the CMO (who went to the brig before the mutiny on the CMP's orders) was killed and revived and it was obvious to everyone that it was a mutiny.

I know Chaznoodles is known for complaining about COs doing anything to him, but in this case I feel that it needs to be stressed that his complaints are right on the money with Moore: many of the rounds I've played with Moore being CO are bad memories for me, ranging from a veiled threat over me politely correcting him, to his occasionally casual use of BEs over small incidents that should realistically be handled by MPs.
    Last edited by FGRSentinel; 02-05-2019 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Corrected on the CO responsible for a cited incident. Removed for accuracy.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Council will reply to this soon.