User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion about TANK at its current state.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Discussion about TANK at its current state.

Hey CM13,

Just wanted to start a discussion regarding the tank and how for the past few weeks it has never seen the light of day (rarely at least).

I frequently play CM13 on my down times (usually almost every day, couple of games from 4pm-8pm EST which I think is prime hours) and being a tank main (the Robusto Tanko v1 ), there are not enough people at round start for a tank. Even on Sundays during prime hours, the amount of players needed for a tank is never met. So I got a few questions that hopefully can shed some light of this issue.

How do you guys feel about the tank being able to be unlocked mid round before a certain time frame? For example, the Tank can be unlocked mid op as long as the player/marine count is met and it is before 12:20.

What is the ACTUAL requirement for the tank? I have asked a few mentors/admins/veterans and the answer seems to vary. They say the requirement is 120 players round start, or 100 marine count (civilians included), or 110 - 120 players round depending on the map. I would think that the answer is as long as there are 100 players on the USCM, the tank unlocks. I would also think the times when I saw the tank unlock a few months back at 110 pop is because somehow there are 10 xenos and 100 marines.

How do you feel about the current state of the tank? Should it be reworked? When discussing this topic with a couple of people while I play, some think the tank should be removed because of reasons such as it disrupts the flow of the game. I would like to hear from you too.

Hope to hear yall opinion on this. I REALLY miss killing xenos with a tank

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank used to be a god like killing machine. Make or break rounds. Could kill dozer 50 aliens without a sweat. God dam mini+flame, the good flame where it was a like the current flame primary, was death-al-mode and you would just see ussally 5-10 aliens die to the killdozer. It also used to stun any alien expect queen or crusher via running over them, could even perma stun them with it. Tank feared nothing, alien feared tank. Vehicles most dangerous aspect is ramming these days as it can do ungodly DPS if abused properly. Still got old loadouts like flak-GL, new flamer-GL, and so on but the issue is without the stun you aint killing shit.

If vehicles and marines want to have a chance to kill aliens without stuns or instant kills the aliens would need infinite or near infinite larva to make up for vast losses. It a balance issue.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Tank used to be a god like killing machine. Make or break rounds. Could kill dozer 50 aliens without a sweat. God dam mini+flame, the good flame where it was a like the current flame primary, was death-al-mode and you would just see ussally 5-10 aliens die to the killdozer. It also used to stun any alien expect queen or crusher via running over them, could even perma stun them with it. Tank feared nothing, alien feared tank. Vehicles most dangerous aspect is ramming these days as it can do ungodly DPS if abused properly. Still got old loadouts like flak-GL, new flamer-GL, and so on but the issue is without the stun you aint killing shit.

If vehicles and marines want to have a chance to kill aliens without stuns or instant kills the aliens would need infinite or near infinite larva to make up for vast losses. It a balance issue.
    so essentially we would benefit from having xeno passively gain larva for a minimum xeno numbers

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    so essentially we would benefit from having xeno passively gain larva for a minimum xeno numbers
    Not sure exactly how to give the aliens the strong enough numbers; infinite larva, strong capture mechanics, or maybe like player-controlled infinite huggers. But the easier it is for aliens to build numbers the more OP marines can be to offset aliens getting yeeted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tanks suck because you never get to use or see one.

pop needs to be lowered or the tank removed
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my suggestion: have a few test rounds with extreme measures to see how it goes, what to tweak and have an IN-GAME vote after the battle is over with one simple question: "How did you like it?"

I know there is 5x as much marines and the votes can be screwed if one side dominates, so feel free to make a separate vote for each side. If admins really care about people's opinion they should hear the voice of actual people not just change things randomly that might or might not piss off 90% of players who will leave eventually.

So here is a few test suggestions:

- For every late-join marine, xenos get 0,3-0,5 larva for free. We have/had something similar, not sure what is the state on this now.

- Allow xenos to build buildings that will grant them X amount of larva every 5 minutes if not being destroyed. Or let it give them 5 extra larva if it's not destroyed by 10 minutes. You get the jist, this will force marines not to cade-hug. TGMC has something similar in place and it works beautifully to force marines to engage. As a side note, these building can not be built inside the hive for balance reasons, and it will force a scout or a small team to find and engage them and xenos will be forced to made tactical decision to split up their forces and try to protect it or murderball the FOB and hope it works on the smaller number marines while they are separated to deal with the building.

- Allow xenos to have an AA boiler type super-xeno if they achieve some goal. Be it building and holding some structure, or what ever admins/coders can came up with. Might even make it so part of the map will be permanently filled with boiler-gas if they do or not do X thing.

Why am I suggesting these in a topic related to tank? Because giving xenos game-changing buffs will justify the reason to have a tank on lower-pop and they will spice up the game, not just click on xenos with weapons that do no damage so they blink red until they go back to heal up.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 03-06-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vehicles do not fit the game

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yod droppin dat ruskie wisdom

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Not sure exactly how to give the aliens the strong enough numbers; infinite larva, strong capture mechanics, or maybe like player-controlled infinite huggers. But the easier it is for aliens to build numbers the more OP marines can be to offset aliens getting yeeted.
    my idea is that there is a minimum xeno numbers ie 10-20 and that should the numbers fall below that. xeno will gain pooled larva to compensate

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What used to be

- Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)