User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discussion about TANK at its current state.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I believe yall have some secret Agenda to make CM Vehicle-less. Thing may have changed since and vehicles bring joy and fun to players of this new time.

If you do not believe that trucks bring fun to CM

Then you dont believe in America

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly I think vehicles should remain to a map tailor made to them, and maybe only have the techweb tank buy give vc kits if the existing ones are dead

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    honestly I think vehicles should remain to a map tailor made to them, and maybe only have the techweb tank buy give vc kits if the existing ones are dead
    The only problem with this is that the xenos are not well built for open combat. They used to when they had the old crusher Boiler's wider gas AOE. Now its not possible.

Marines on the other hand will have several tools at their disposal for wide open combat: M41A, Scoped Weapon, CAS, OB, Mortar, Numerical Superiority to execute flanks.

Add tank in and its OP.

Sad to say, lanche is right. Vehicles dont really have a place in this game unless you are willing to do another major overhaul of the gameplay and meta.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    snip
    They have and they don't need massive overhauls. First is non-combat vehicles as Trucks are. The issue with them is jackasses ungaing behind the wheel.
    Second would be one-tile combat vehicles, but sadly they are not HEFA Order, so they don't fit CM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Nobody enjoys it's presence"

Well either this kid is a bad mind-reader as he somehow knows what everybody thinks or I'm a nobody. I think they are excellent and add A LOT of tactical thinking to the game.

Maybe some people do prefer just to click on red blinking xenos and use 1% of their brain to do that, but if you are actually treating it as a tactical-shooter, the tank is amazing.

And yes it will body block xenos, run over marines, but just learn to live with it and assume it's a hard-to control beast that is trying to help you, like a corrupted xeno.

Also: these people complain about a massive tank that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to avoid or literally go around. I have never ever had ANY problems with them as a xeno. If anything, I enjoyed blocking them in with a resin whisperer and killing the crew. If it would give any trouble...we just...go around....

As for trucks, yes they are cancer. 99% of truck drivers are meming like an idiot, they get no warning, they DO ruin the fun and immersion for everybody, yet nobody gives a F about them.

All they would have to do is reduce their speed by 50% and in the event of a collision with ANYTHING, be it a wall or a T1 xeno, it should have a 5-10 second stun so they will think twice about meming with it literally driving into the hive and rolling around like an idiot.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 03-22-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've never seen someone use a truck properly

apcs don't have enough firepower to make up for being a 3x3 box

tanks are alright, primaries and secondaries need adjustment though

incredibly funny how at T3 its PFCs (who've never driven, gunned or done anything apart from yelling at the driver/gunner to move or stop shooting them) get access to the LGBT cannon tank literally one of the most overpowered things in the game that DESTROYS anything in its path after the VCs go through hell to be relevant and to survive the round
    Last edited by AlbertBlackwell; 03-22-2021 at 08:03 PM. Reason: shut up
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss first generation tank.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    "Nobody enjoys it's presence"

Well either this kid is a bad mind-reader as he somehow knows what everybody thinks or I'm a nobody. I think they are excellent and add A LOT of tactical thinking to the game.

Maybe some people do prefer just to click on red blinking xenos and use 1% of their brain to do that, but if you are actually treating it as a tactical-shooter, the tank is amazing.

And yes it will body block xenos, run over marines, but just learn to live with it and assume it's a hard-to control beast that is trying to help you, like a corrupted xeno.

Also: these people complain about a massive tank that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to avoid or literally go around. I have never ever had ANY problems with them as a xeno. If anything, I enjoyed blocking them in with a resin whisperer and killing the crew. If it would give any trouble...we just...go around....
    Yes of course, the usual argument.

If everyone likes the tank, how come it was the most upvoted gitlab in the history of CM? There's probably something about it..

CM is a tactical shooter and the tank ruins it because you can't do anything even remotely close to tactics in it. It's literally just a big fuckoff block that can't do anything. It's weak in terms of armament but the second you make it remotely viable it turns overpowered. There were like 10 attempts over the 3 years to balance it and keep it entertaining and none of them worked. It doesn't fit the game. SS13 is not a game for vehicles. I'd much rather have an overbuffed version of the powerloader than this.

No sane marine ever sticks to it because the tank offers no protection for them despite being tank, completely lacks any form of combat effectives and the only thing it can do is run said marines over and kill them even faster. It's not a beast, it's a crippled landwhale begging for you to end its suffering

And to clarify, by saying 'some marines' you're referring to those which actually matter and win the round for you.

"Live with it"

Yeah, revert the 6 buckshot nerfs and live with it.
    Get us old hedgehog and live with it.
    Give crusher back the 40 second tackle and live with it.
    Queen charge, yeah, live with it.

not even an argument

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post
    Yes of course, the usual argument.

not even an argument
    - "Nobody likes tank..."

- "Well okay some people likes tank..."

- "Alright MANY people like tank...shit I look like an idiot QUICK think of something irrelevant!

buckshot nerfs!
    Queen charge
    "Yeah take that commenter!"

"How about tank?..."

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank is nice, it's fun to face off against it as a T3 or the like, idk what you fucking tryhard-copetards are trying to do besides removing aspects of the game that makes you actually think instead of charging down a lane like it's a fucking highway