Byond ID?
    MixMash

CM Character?
    Robert 'Spades' Calafax

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    About 20-30.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes. On many diffrent roleplay servers. Including stuff like Garry's mod, Arma 3 Arma Life.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes. Paradise Station for Mass RDM
    I hit a couple of the police over the head with a baseball bat because it was having fun with a friend. I didnt like paradise anyway.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes. I am

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would proceed to PM the player and ask him why he shot someone and then proceed to warn him for shooting the person aswell as tell them that they are going to stay in the MP's custody for also breaking the RP Marine Law.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would mark it down and proceed to tell that player that he has broken a part of the honor code and inform the whitelist council aswell to have a talk with the person that violated the code

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would PM that player to ask if he needed help and then inform the mentors of a new player needing help and ask for an SEA to train the player.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would ask him to please discontinue and then proceed to pass him along to the admin+ aslong as he is willing to keep calm and keep from insulting a staff member

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would PM the player asking him to change his name from John doe to a more Lore friendly name. I would also give him suggestions and tell him about the random name generator in the character set up screen.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    You do not interfere. The MP's are the role that is to enforce in RP Marine Laws. And the Rifle and Armor on Green is a SoP Issue

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would PM that Survivor and Inform him of fact that Survivors are not allowed to be hostile towards USCM or W-Y unless it is specificly stated by Admins for an event and then I would inform the admins to give that marine a free respawn. As a rule was broken

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would PM the MP and Inform him that unless that attachment belongs to him it's not thievery and thievery is not a permanent confinement charge so you may not hold him in perminantly and tell him that is neglect of duty

I would ask him to read up on the Marine law and To act accordingly in RP

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would subtly message the CO or XO that they have a duty to complete and ask them to start packing for redeployment through High Commmand if that's available. If not I would ask the Xenos to take up the dropship and attack the ship with Queen mother as they will only win due to Larva Numbers

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would call another staff member to deal with it and attempt to deal with it IC before taking it LOOC due to it being intentional.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform the CLF member that the In character reasoning for hostile intentions towards each other does not end after round ends. EORG is not applied to hostile factions after the round ends.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would respond to the Ahelp by saying. Ill deal with it and then proceed to PM The marine saying. Why are you running around punching people and ask him if he's new if not. Apply a ban or warning as per applicable

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would inform the marine to follow proper escalation protocols and then give him a warning to read/reread the Escalation Rule of Rule 10

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would message the Leader of the Mutiny and tell him that he should not be preforming a mutiny without follow the proper rules and inform him to read/reread the Rule 11: Marine Law Mutinies section

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would thank that player for bringing it to my attention then I would put in MOOC with an Annoucement 'That anyone that is currently making racist comments are to be reminded to read Rule 3 Community Expectations and Any continuation will result in Punishments

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Griefing is not tolerated. Check his warnings and then proceed to giving him a ban if applicable and then ask for those marines to be respawned or leave them to be revived if they are not brain dead

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM them to inform them to not do that again. If they are a new player. Direct them to the Mentors or towards the Wiki for extra help

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Inform them that it is not tolerated and your role is to follow the queens orders absolute and if he proceeds to continue. A job ban

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the player that it is perfectly acceptable to call things by whatever name they wish. Xeno speak is not normally understandable by you but for gameplayer reasons you are able to hear it in english. So calling anything by it's real name is perfectly acceptable

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the Command Staff player that he is not supposed to know about the Xenos on the planet as it is a Lore Reasoning. If the marines seem to follow what the Command said. MOOC to inform them that they dont know

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If the POD was the last pod and it was a life threating situation then with a solid reason. That marine may kill the other marine for a spot in the Pod. Though I would inform that marine that it's mostly not recommended to-do that. It's not a solid rule and can cause issues

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Inform him to keep himself calm and inform him of rule 0.2 as well as warn him not to continue. If he continues then escalate to a ban

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform the player that just because you were SSD does not mean the round shall not continue and I cannot remove it. Inform him to contact medical and have them remove it and tell him that simply next time to put yourself somewhere safe before going SSD.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Message the staff member that he has done so and ask him to PM that player with the correct information. Politely and Inform him of the correct rule as a fellow staff member and friend

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would ask the them to stop and help them both figure out what the proper rule is implied as if they are unable to figure it out then it will be escalated to the Moderator Manager to have his judgement inputted and if so punishment for both those staff members

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator to help further into the server and help people understand the rules and help them understand what to-do in certain situations that Mentors cannot help in.
    I would like to also make sure that players arnt disturbed by people that would like to ruin their experiance and give them a lot of a foul taste towards staying on CM-SS13. Helping people has always been my goal and especially helping inform and teach new players. Id like to give moderator a chance so I can make the server a more peaceful and enjoyable experiance.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The most important quality of a moderator would be to stay calm and keep impartial. Keeping yourself from a biased view and Remembering your there to help. Not to enforce or judge.

Anything else you
    I would like to add that I have seen both bad and good moderators. All I would like to-do is help them and inform them as well as work along side them. Not to pester or harass or take their job over. I have no had chance to make friends with alot of the moderators or mentors. But I like alot of them and I hope to work along side them for a very long time.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would proceed to PM the player and ask him why he shot someone and then proceed to warn him for shooting the person aswell as tell them that they are going to stay in the MP's custody for also breaking the RP Marine Law.
    Investigate this more. Not everything results in a warning. Check their note history, ask them what happened, ask MPs what happened--depending on the flow is whether or not you warn or not, or even ban. We have new rules regarding leaving things more to MPs so that's another thing.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would mark it down and proceed to tell that player that he has broken a part of the honor code and inform the whitelist council aswell to have a talk with the person that violated the code
    No, don't do this. You are not the arbitrator of the council's issues unless you are part of that respective council. You can tell the player who ahelps that this is an issue they need to put on the forums, and tell them where they can find Honor Code at so they don't make a frivilous report. You don't need to PM the predator who dun it, because it could be not their fault whatsoever.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would PM that player to ask if he needed help and then inform the mentors of a new player needing help and ask for an SEA to train the player.
    This is good. Don't be afraid to ask players who look new if they need some help. Make sure to give them a bit to find around the Almayer before PMing; and also don't be afraid to mentorsay. The mentorchat is always avaliable for you to shout where a new player is at.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would ask him to please discontinue and then proceed to pass him along to the admin+ aslong as he is willing to keep calm and keep from insulting a staff member
    No, you took it so you're dealing with it. If you don't believe you can handle it, or they actually need an admin for the ahelp, push it over--but they don't get to boss you out of it. Be firm.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would PM the player asking him to change his name from John doe to a more Lore friendly name. I would also give him suggestions and tell him about the random name generator in the character set up screen.
    This is good, but make sure to check their note history. If it's an older player, they should know better. Some people also make mistakes (like name shortenings which would make no sense otherwise).

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    You do not interfere. The MP's are the role that is to enforce in RP Marine Laws. And the Rifle and Armor on Green is a SoP Issue
    This is an okay answer. Make sure they aren't a repeat offendor though. If they're doing this every single round, there can be a problem, but otherwise--yes, we like to leave it to MPs, as to make an interesting round.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would PM that Survivor and Inform him of fact that Survivors are not allowed to be hostile towards USCM or W-Y unless it is specificly stated by Admins for an event and then I would inform the admins to give that marine a free respawn. As a rule was broken
    Good answer up until the last. The marine is not entitled to a respawn. You /could/ aheal in that situation, but it's better to leave it to a medic to deal with and just let them move on.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would PM the MP and Inform him that unless that attachment belongs to him it's not thievery and thievery is not a permanent confinement charge so you may not hold him in perminantly and tell him that is neglect of duty

I would ask him to read up on the Marine law and To act accordingly in RP
    Make sure to investigate this thoroughly. This does not say what charge was applied. They could be charged with something else entirely. This is the player PMing you, describing what happened. For all you know, they could've PBed their squad leader. This is why being thorough is good. But you are correct that thievery shouldn't amount in perma.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would subtly message the CO or XO that they have a duty to complete and ask them to start packing for redeployment through High Commmand if that's available. If not I would ask the Xenos to take up the dropship and attack the ship with Queen mother as they will only win due to Larva Numbers
    I don't understand this 100%, but this is a good way of shoving the round along. When in doubt, talk with other staff. Don't be afraid to make a choice on your own however; sometimes it's better to push the round on when 70% of the round pop is ghosts.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would call another staff member to deal with it and attempt to deal with it IC before taking it LOOC due to it being intentional.
    Good answer.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform the CLF member that the In character reasoning for hostile intentions towards each other does not end after round ends. EORG is not applied to hostile factions after the round ends.
    Good answer.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would respond to the Ahelp by saying. Ill deal with it and then proceed to PM The marine saying. Why are you running around punching people and ask him if he's new if not. Apply a ban or warning as per applicable
    Good-ish answer. I can understand where it's going, but make sure you understand each side, and whether or not it's a repeat thing. Make sure the offending player gets to explain their actions.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would inform the marine to follow proper escalation protocols and then give him a warning to read/reread the Escalation Rule of Rule 10
    This is correct, but I'm a victim of answering this wrong before. Make sure there's an RP reason; punching and disarming people on frontlines can lead to them getting a bullet coffin in that case, but if they are just chilling and being FOBravos, then you should apply the warn/banhammer where applicable.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would message the Leader of the Mutiny and tell him that he should not be preforming a mutiny without follow the proper rules and inform him to read/reread the Rule 11: Marine Law Mutinies section
    This is a good answer, but remember about mob mentality. You might have to take a step further.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would thank that player for bringing it to my attention then I would put in MOOC with an Annoucement 'That anyone that is currently making racist comments are to be reminded to read Rule 3 Community Expectations and Any continuation will result in Punishments
    This is a bit overboard. See who is making the comments, tell them to tone it down. If you MOOC it, it's going to just stir up people needlessly. If you really need to because 90% of the marine force is doing it, this is fine.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Griefing is not tolerated. Check his warnings and then proceed to giving him a ban if applicable and then ask for those marines to be respawned or leave them to be revived if they are not brain dead
    Correct. However, don't respawn griefed marines. Aheal; there's no need to make more marines because in this case, it would give aliens an disadvantage because all those bodies would contribute to DEFCON. It's also way too many people in some cases to respawn.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM them to inform them to not do that again. If they are a new player. Direct them to the Mentors or towards the Wiki for extra help
    Ask them to explain their actions, tell them not to do it again; correct. If they are new, refer them to a mentor and/or wiki. It's a good answer.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Inform them that it is not tolerated and your role is to follow the queens orders absolute and if he proceeds to continue. A job ban
    Try to hit them with a lower escalation and use their notes first. Job ban can be way too severe for a situation of 'REEE' and 'AYYLMAO', but if they have a past history, it could be applicable. Future reference, tmods cannot jban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the player that it is perfectly acceptable to call things by whatever name they wish. Xeno speak is not normally understandable by you but for gameplayer reasons you are able to hear it in english. So calling anything by it's real name is perfectly acceptable
    Yes.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the Command Staff player that he is not supposed to know about the Xenos on the planet as it is a Lore Reasoning. If the marines seem to follow what the Command said. MOOC to inform them that they dont know
    Just talk with the command player in question and ask them to rectify it. Don't use MOOC unless it's widespan "OMG ALIENS DOWN BELOW!" even after they say "I goofed."

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If the POD was the last pod and it was a life threating situation then with a solid reason. That marine may kill the other marine for a spot in the Pod. Though I would inform that marine that it's mostly not recommended to-do that. It's not a solid rule and can cause issues
    50/50. Even if it wasn't the last pod, you could still potentially kill someone for it. It's a pretty okay answer though.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Inform him to keep himself calm and inform him of rule 0.2 as well as warn him not to continue. If he continues then escalate to a ban
    It's wise to have some spine to deal with players who go around doing this because it's childish. You can have fun in a game, but don't be over the top; giving chances to players like this makes it a golden answer. People can have a miffed day, you won't know. But giving a chance makes it better for both sides. Great answer.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform the player that just because you were SSD does not mean the round shall not continue and I cannot remove it. Inform him to contact medical and have them remove it and tell him that simply next time to put yourself somewhere safe before going SSD.
    Correct.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Message the staff member that he has done so and ask him to PM that player with the correct information. Politely and Inform him of the correct rule as a fellow staff member and friend
    Just tell them briefly if they dun goofed, that is correct. Don't 100% describe what they should've done unless they asked. Just remind them that something has changed. If all else fails, go to their manager with a DM about what happened.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would ask the them to stop and help them both figure out what the proper rule is implied as if they are unable to figure it out then it will be escalated to the Moderator Manager to have his judgement inputted and if so punishment for both those staff members
    Do not interfere with arguments like this. It will involve you in the drama. Escalate it to their respective managers immediately rather than try to mediate it yourself. It's just better to leave it to the honchos rather than get dragged in.

I like your answers.
    You seem like you've done a bit of homework, which makes me believe you would pass a trial phase.

You haven't had notes for a long while, so it leads me to believe you respect our rules.

You should make it past trial phase.

+1
    Synthetic Whitelist - Brian Predator Whitelist - Baln'frim Arvhek
    Trial Moderator: 3/29/2020 - 4/4/2020 || Moderator: 4/4/2020 - 7/16/2020 || Moderator: 2/12/2021 - 5/27/21 || Discord Staffmember: 2/28/21 - 5/27/21
    Logs filed for reports: 5

Discord: rin#0142
    Moderation Staff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pending, posting soon

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give mixmash a +1. He's an SEA main and a good mentor, and he'd be fine to get a trial.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I'll give mixmash a +1. He's an SEA main and a good mentor, and he'd be fine to get a trial.
    @Fortelian
    @yayyay007

Thank you for the feedback and support. I do appreciate it a lot and I do look forward to working with you both. It will be an honour!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched them for almost 20 hours, or maybe more, while they do their thing in game, seems fine with interactions and choices in rank roles or SEA role.

+1

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yayyay went over the answers, and I've seen you around in game a bunch. You know your stuff and seem like a fine person. Easy +1
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted, check Discord DM's.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021