Byond ID?
    ito726

CM Character?
    Kiara Miller

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Complicated. EU, but not stable.

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Depends on my play habbits. Usually atleast 10, often significantly more.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes reddit, and a few small discords.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I have previously, tg-eu, Paradise Station. Currently Beestation.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Reddit for an about 100k sub, and its related discord server, and a related 15 person discord server.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Only a job ban, due to inexperience, about 5 years ago on Paradise Station, their recommendation was to play here to learn, and they would reverse the ban.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Investigate if it is a new player, or an accident. Ask the player for an explanation. Depending on the investigation, check with the victim and onlookers. If it was a new player id give a warning and link them to wiki or mentors.
    If it was a misfire or a proper IC interaction, id let it stay IC.
    If it was grief, id add a note, and issue a 3h ban. (or more if they have a history)

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Ask them to file a player report, as moderators can not handle WL issues. Or let a WL council moderator handle the ahelp. I may help the player with Ckey or logs, to aid the WL council investigation if they will make a report.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Guide either the MPs or SEA to help them out IC, and inform the mentors about them. If none are available I'd link them the wiki's quick start guide.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I wold ask them to be more polite. Im up for discussing a ruling and explaining it, but if its going no where, i would ask them to make a staff report and take it up there. if they persist in the abusive behavior, i would note them for it, and close the issue.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Contact the marine and ask them to chose a new name, and change it for them. Id also ask them to set a new one in the future in accordance with the rules. If they have notes on the matter i would issue a ban however.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    It looks like an IC issue rather then a server rules issue. a bored mt pretend playing a marine seems very in character. Unless they do something more, like actually going to the front, id leave it as IC.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would give a note to the survivor, and tell them its against the rules to do this, as they are not normally allowed to be (outright) hostile to the marines. I would check notes of the player, and escalate bans if appropriate.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would check with Req staff and the MP as to why they did this. i would check the mps notes and the players. If the situation is as reported at face value, and the mp is new id give them a note, and ask them to read up on ML before playing MP. If they are not a new mp player, and have a history of massive ML breaches, i would jobban the player.

I would have the cmp handle the IC release and investigation, but if needed i would prod the MP department in the right direction with a HC fax.

If the jailing was in fact correct or warranted, i would inform the player that they should appeal IC to HC and the CMP/aCO, rather then ahelp for such cases first. If the player was lying i would note them too.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Ideally this should end in a Marine major at face value, so id prefer encouraging marines to deploy and end it. I might ask for help from a Smod+ with an ares announcement, or offer promotions though a HC fax. But given the new infinite larva system, i could also alternatively QM directive the queen into a hijack, tho, this would mean a xeno minor at minimum.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I can try handling ICly, given the defense of others clause. I would Ahelp it for another mod to deal with the suspected grief. But i might be playing at low pop hours, and may be only mod online, i would try to get someone else from discord.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Infrom the CLF they are always permitted to be shot by the marines, (and vice versa) and this does not constitute eorg.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Contact the marine and ask them for their side. and take it from there. If this is ban evasion grief, handle it as such. If its retaliation let it be handled ICly. if they are just doing this randomly, give them a note and warning for round start shenanigans, unless they have notes for this, in which case id issue ban as appropriate.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Give them a note for improper escalation. I would check their history for this as well, and issue a ban if there is such a history.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Rule 11, Marine Law. particularly the lack of authorization, at least at face value. Mooc chat asking them to stop/wait for permission. Figure out who is leading it or causing it. and start with them. asleep anyone who proceeds as needed to prevent disruptions before authorization, if any is ever given. assuming everyone is complaint till here, ask them to ahelp for authorization or add a note to the player(s) if it was totally bullshit. I would check notes of the head and possibly others involved.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Some ic and context dependent racism is allowed, assuming this is such a case rather then a clear cut offensive one. If it was the other kind id go with the warning and mooc reminder route. if it was clear cut enough id probably give a note too.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would Aheal all shot. Issue a ban on the marine and note. I would escalate the ban as appropriate if there is a history of this. i may file for a permanent ban too if there is a note.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask them to explain. If it is plausibly just scouting or randomly running and they got very unlucky, i might leave this to a warning. Especially if they are a new player and they were going towards the queen indicator. Otherwise add a note. If they have a history of this, jobban from xeno and queen.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Usually just give a warning for lrp, if they have no notes on this, but if its excessive add a note and check history.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain to the ahlep that this dose not break the rule as its covered under the representation of thoughts clause, or that both are acceptable.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would check what the captain said, and ask them correct themselves as they do not yet know what is out there. i would make a note of it.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If there was another nearby empty pod, i would warn the player for improper escalation as well as note them. if there were none available i would not take any action. I would give the player a chance to explain why before issuing the note, as perhaps they had a longer ic interaction permitting lethals at that point regardless of the pod situation.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would prefer another moderator handles this. I personally do not care about this if it happens to me. I may inform them of Rule 0.2 if it gets too much. i think its better for someone else to make the call as to when this becomes excessive, and to this end i may intervene if another moderator is being insulted instead. If i have to however i will issue warning/ban, just to discourage such behavior.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform them they have no SSD protections on this server, and that ideally they should pick a better spot to ssd if possible. (server is unstable enough that this is not always an option). I presume they are not role that would get in trouble for not going to cryo.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Infrom the moderator if i feel that its a clear cut case, or someone higher up if the consequences of this are significant enough. I would not butt in their ahelp.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would advise the other mod to make a player report if they think its necessary. I may join in if i have an opinion on the matter, but my involvement would stay in msay. I may take it up myself if the whole issue becomes too spammy to the point of making msay unusable.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I heard you guys needed more moderators especially during low pop times, and i happen to often be around during that time, and feel like i could help. Im also interested in the Fax side of things.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience.

Anything else you
    Thank you for your time.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Investigate if it is a new player, or an accident. Ask the player for an explanation. Depending on the investigation, check with the victim and onlookers. If it was a new player id give a warning and link them to wiki or mentors.
    If it was a misfire or a proper IC interaction, id let it stay IC.
    If it was grief, id add a note, and issue a 3h ban. (or more if they have a history)
    This is a pretty good answer. Being thorough about this stuff is whether or not you'll make an answer. But if you can warn without banning, try going for that. Grief is intentional; unintentional grief tends to warrant less punishment. A more severe warning, or a ban if they have prior notes.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Ask them to file a player report, as moderators can not handle WL issues. Or let a WL council moderator handle the ahelp. I may help the player with Ckey or logs, to aid the WL council investigation if they will make a report.
    Yes, this is correct. However, as a TMod, you are not allowed to post logs. When you do eventually get to logdiving, we'll let you know about the in's-and-out's, but you have a good grasp on this. If you understand the WL rules about it, make sure to ask more, because avoiding a player report entirely is good. Sometimes, people just don't know WL rules. Plenty of staff are in WLs, so don't feel afraid to ask us.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Guide either the MPs or SEA to help them out IC, and inform the mentors about them. If none are available I'd link them the wiki's quick start guide.
    MPs, not so much. They don't tend to teach people, they keep them in line ICly. SEA, yes. You can talk to mentors directly in mentorsay, as we have access to this. Mentorsay is OOC/IC mix, so you can go "Newbie alert on XXX". You can also teach them yourself, but be careful with the first impression you give the new player.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I wold ask them to be more polite. Im up for discussing a ruling and explaining it, but if its going no where, i would ask them to make a staff report and take it up there. if they persist in the abusive behavior, i would note them for it, and close the issue.
    Don't tell them to make a staff report. They can do that on their own if they want. Asking for a staff report causes headaches for management. Your mind is in the right place, but you should just give them a firm ruling. "You're dealing with me, tough luck" kind of deal. You can warn or 3hr if they persist.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Contact the marine and ask them to chose a new name, and change it for them. Id also ask them to set a new one in the future in accordance with the rules. If they have notes on the matter i would issue a ban however.
    Make sure to check the date of these issues. Otherwise, a solid answer. We don't tend to ban people over bad names unless they're 18+ or stereotypical of a race group, or repeat offendors.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    It looks like an IC issue rather then a server rules issue. a bored mt pretend playing a marine seems very in character. Unless they do something more, like actually going to the front, id leave it as IC.
    This is a fair answer. Make sure it isn't something they've been doing over and over again. If they want to Squad Marine, they should be a Squad Marine, not MT.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would give a note to the survivor, and tell them its against the rules to do this, as they are not normally allowed to be (outright) hostile to the marines. I would check notes of the player, and escalate bans if appropriate.
    Correct, good answer.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would check with Req staff and the MP as to why they did this. i would check the mps notes and the players. If the situation is as reported at face value, and the mp is new id give them a note, and ask them to read up on ML before playing MP. If they are not a new mp player, and have a history of massive ML breaches, i would jobban the player. I would have the cmp handle the IC release and investigation, but if needed i would prod the MP department in the right direction with a HC fax. If the jailing was in fact correct or warranted, i would inform the player that they should appeal IC to HC and the CMP/aCO, rather then ahelp for such cases first. If the player was lying i would note them too.
    This would be correct, however; you are missing on somethings. A jban ALWAYS has to have a timed ban. 3hr or more. Furthermore, TMods cannot jban, so you'll need to ask senior staff. On the 'IC release' part, you don't have to, but if you so wish, you could organize it this way. But if it's a blatantly invalid arrest, we tend to just do 'ask first, RP later', because the player has likely spent more than enough time in Brig for something they didn't do.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Ideally this should end in a Marine major at face value, so id prefer encouraging marines to deploy and end it. I might ask for help from a Smod+ with an ares announcement, or offer promotions though a HC fax. But given the new infinite larva system, i could also alternatively QM directive the queen into a hijack, tho, this would mean a xeno minor at minimum.
    I don't understand this too much, but in this case, HC doing stuff like that would constitute an event, which you cannot do until SMod+. You are free to HC SM the leading members to force a push, or QM announce and demand a hijack.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I can try handling ICly, given the defense of others clause. I would Ahelp it for another mod to deal with the suspected grief. But i might be playing at low pop hours, and may be only mod online, i would try to get someone else from discord.
    Good answer.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Infrom the CLF they are always permitted to be shot by the marines, (and vice versa) and this does not constitute eorg.
    Good answer.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Contact the marine and ask them for their side. and take it from there. If this is ban evasion grief, handle it as such. If its retaliation let it be handled ICly. if they are just doing this randomly, give them a note and warning for round start shenanigans, unless they have notes for this, in which case id issue ban as appropriate.
    Correct. Players doing stuff like this is just outright non-roleplay grief. It's not tolerated.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Give them a note for improper escalation. I would check their history for this as well, and issue a ban if there is such a history.
    Correct; but make sure to check the times. If it's in a last year, then you warn. If it's been literally a day since their last IE warning, you could potentially 3hr.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Rule 11, Marine Law. particularly the lack of authorization, at least at face value. Mooc chat asking them to stop/wait for permission. Figure out who is leading it or causing it. and start with them. asleep anyone who proceeds as needed to prevent disruptions before authorization, if any is ever given. assuming everyone is complaint till here, ask them to ahelp for authorization or add a note to the player(s) if it was totally bullshit. I would check notes of the head and possibly others involved.
    This is how we do it, yes. We are trying to implement a more IC system where even when stuff like this happens we could maybe let it slip (ask an Admin+). But overall, this is the correct way to handle this.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Some ic and context dependent racism is allowed, assuming this is such a case rather then a clear cut offensive one. If it was the other kind id go with the warning and mooc reminder route. if it was clear cut enough id probably give a note too.
    Try to avoid MOOC where possible. Unless it's completely widespread on the marine team, you shouldn't have to use it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would Aheal all shot. Issue a ban on the marine and note. I would escalate the ban as appropriate if there is a history of this. i may file for a permanent ban too if there is a note.
    Correct. You can file a permaban, make sure to talk with senior staff at the beginning. Permabanning is hard, but we have a brand new system of figuring out the deets.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Ask them to explain. If it is plausibly just scouting or randomly running and they got very unlucky, i might leave this to a warning. Especially if they are a new player and they were going towards the queen indicator. Otherwise add a note. If they have a history of this, jobban from xeno and queen.
    Correct; remember, jbans get a 3hr ban too, and you will need to ask senior staff to apply it.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Usually just give a warning for lrp, if they have no notes on this, but if its excessive add a note and check history.
    Correct, and if it's been a past thing, 3hr.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain to the ahlep that this dose not break the rule as its covered under the representation of thoughts clause, or that both are acceptable.
    Correct.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would check what the captain said, and ask them correct themselves as they do not yet know what is out there. i would make a note of it.
    Correct.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If there was another nearby empty pod, i would warn the player for improper escalation as well as note them. if there were none available i would not take any action. I would give the player a chance to explain why before issuing the note, as perhaps they had a longer ic interaction permitting lethals at that point regardless of the pod situation.
    Nnnnno. Slippery slope. Even with another escape pod, you could still kill someone in one you are trying to get. Evac = Hijack, so aliens can be upon you at ANY moment. Otherwise, correct.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would prefer another moderator handles this. I personally do not care about this if it happens to me. I may inform them of Rule 0.2 if it gets too much. i think its better for someone else to make the call as to when this becomes excessive, and to this end i may intervene if another moderator is being insulted instead. If i have to however i will issue warning/ban, just to discourage such behavior.
    Even if you do not care, you should have some spine to deal with players that do this, because they will do it again, and to other staff.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform them they have no SSD protections on this server, and that ideally they should pick a better spot to ssd if possible. (server is unstable enough that this is not always an option). I presume they are not role that would get in trouble for not going to cryo.
    Correct.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Infrom the moderator if i feel that its a clear cut case, or someone higher up if the consequences of this are significant enough. I would not butt in their ahelp.
    Correct; great answer.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would advise the other mod to make a player report if they think its necessary. I may join in if i have an opinion on the matter, but my involvement would stay in msay. I may take it up myself if the whole issue becomes too spammy to the point of making msay unusable.
    Avoid joining in any arguments whatsoever. If you can avoid being in drama in MSAY, it's best. Leave it to respective managers to deal with this, otherwise you could unknowingly become part of it.

Perfect application.
    You might not know 100%, but you know enough to be an A+.

+1 and some cookies
    I literally cannot see you not making trial unless you get a note or otherwise information comes out doubting your competence.

You are also in the lowpop zone, meaning you are even more welcome, as we are seeking people of this kind.
    Synthetic Whitelist - Brian Predator Whitelist - Baln'frim Arvhek
    Trial Moderator: 3/29/2020 - 4/4/2020 || Moderator: 4/4/2020 - 7/16/2020 || Moderator: 2/12/2021 - 5/27/21 || Discord Staffmember: 2/28/21 - 5/27/21
    Logs filed for reports: 5

Discord: rin#0142
    Moderation Staff

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player has received a note recently so I will be having to change my +1 to a solid neutral leaning +1. I am more of an older minded staff, so I think notes really matter when considering staff; and having notes in a 3 week span period looks bad, especially when still applying for staff.
    Synthetic Whitelist - Brian Predator Whitelist - Baln'frim Arvhek
    Trial Moderator: 3/29/2020 - 4/4/2020 || Moderator: 4/4/2020 - 7/16/2020 || Moderator: 2/12/2021 - 5/27/21 || Discord Staffmember: 2/28/21 - 5/27/21
    Logs filed for reports: 5

Discord: rin#0142
    Moderation Staff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving a -1 after reviewing a recent report and participating another round where you were CMP. How are they relevant to your moderating skills? Simple:

Your ability to handle crisis situations and your emotional maturity.

I think when you are calm you can handle the situations quite well, but when someone tilts you, makes you mad or the like, or if the game is going off the rails and becoming too chaotic you do seem to struggle a lot.

In certain cases some people can piss you off so much you want to take things personally. Such as leaving the person to die in the brig or saying in LOOC that you are marking an XO. In time I am sure you can improve on this.

You have got to be as calm as possible in any situation if you want to be a mod so that it doesnt affect your judgement in times of crisis, because if you make one mistake in anger that's it, it splinters off into several issues. Its best not to escalate or multiply your problems when you deal with one.

That's all.
    Last edited by Casada_Radio; 03-14-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that you've gotten a note recently and your behavior reviewed in said report is concerning I am going to be denying this report. Re-apply in 30 days.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present