March 8, 2021
    Your Character Name?
    Decker Alsimia
    Their BYOND Key
    Ben11567
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    20:45 - 08/03/2021 - GMT
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server.
    Description of the incident
    At round start, he a-bombs the Wardroom/CO's Mess and spawns in a 'drop-pod' filled with 5 CO+ roles for no discernible reason.

This was my first and many others first time handling the new tech-web update and there is alot of focus on it and it's mechanics, why an 'event', if it could be called that, needed to be so excessive and out of the blue, spawning in several high-ranked roles which would just inevitably cause conflict and hassle during the round, is beyond me.

I ahelp asking for the name of the person who did it, get lied to with them trying to pin it on Snooper44, who had to tell him not to lie.

It's immature, needless and just interferes with the round. I've seen behaviour like this before and I had absolutely no intention to play along with it, so I just went to back to cryo.

We already have mechanics for the spawning in of high-ranking officials for 'events' and they always have reasoning for doing so, such as CO/XO being out of line or 'inspection event'. Roleplay standards are already at rock bottom and all this event has done is just serve to show players that messing around is perfectly acceptable and encouraged, even when it'll disrupt the round for no good reason.

Events are, or atleast used to, supposed to add an interesting twist or a bit of flavour to a round or in response to a situation that's on-going. The tech-web update has just dropped and alot of people, myself included, are finding their footing with the new mechanics and features. Having Command's door (literally and metaphorically) kicked in adds nothing but more conflict between a command team.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    A warning. Whilst bombing the Almayer round-start contributes absolutely nothing, no 'real' harm was done. Perhaps specify what is and isn't appropriate behaviour when spawning things in.

Commanding Officer Council Member Superreallycoolguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, me, was one of the Admirals during the event, I really don't know why this is being reported? What we did in chronological order was:
    1. We Entered explosively
    2. Decker Saw Us and proceeded to just cryo
    3. We stood in the CIC hall for a couple of seconds to discuss how to properly assess the Almayer's use of allocated resources
    4. We visited research and evaluated it
    5. Went to medbay and did the same
    6. made our way to req but stopped to investigate the new squad req (specifically Charlie/Delta)
    7. Went to dorms and stood around for a little
    8. Went to investigate Req
    9. stood there for a bit and we all stared into the req elevator for a bit and deemed that there was probable cause that some kind of eldritch demon was in the infinite darkness of the ASRS pit
    10. Went to the brig and looked about, I personally claimed that with such little visual changes that the USS Almayer was laundering money
    11. OT Lab blew up and we investigated it
    12. Talked with the CE for a bit, left, and went back to the CO's office to discuss our evaluations
    13. Decided that the Almayer needed budget cuts still and that there was probable cause to look into misplaced money
    14. Took perma-brigged researchers as compensation
    15. Boarded our shuttle
    16. Left for ERT station
    17. Don't know why but Admiral Connor Anderson executed one of the researched via White Phosphorous Grenade
    18. Dragged Jean Corbeau into the same room, had a full firing squad of COs on him (I didn't participate because im a good boy)
    19. Wallace Haar takes Anderson and me into a different room to talk about killing a CO to make the framing of the murders of the prisoners more valid
    20. Argument about it happens till HC messages Anderson he left his mic on
    21. Anderson pretends to be Jean
    22. HC doesn't believe them, sends death-squad and kills all COs on the station
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Round ends

none of this impacted roundflow, nothing about it was really immature maybe save for the ASRS bit? Wulferion actually even wrote a full like report of Medbay/Research (actually quite well done), so there were standards with the event. The only CO that was in CIC for more than a purpose of cutting through it was Wulferion who couldn't resist to help show the XO that was left how to use tech webs. Besides that all the COs just kind of RP'd in the department and talked among ourselves. This event had no impact on anything important or didn't take away the ability to learn techwebs system or conduct the operation. We even stayed our comms in the Intel channel as nobody used it anymore
    I Play Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz
    CO Council Member, Discord Is Dargus#4831, DM Your CO Questions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ckey: Wulferion
    Character name: Faerwald Wulfe

I was part of the event as a commodore. It was a small event that was discussed beforehand on CO channel on discord. Ben wanted to test the new pods so he decided to send 5 of us in as an inspection team. The IC explanation was an inspection team from HC has come to the Almayer to see how the new refit is faring and make some budget cuts if needed. All of us were under clear orders from Ben to NOT interfere with the round in any way.

The event started with Ben spawning us inside the drop pod at officers mess. Then announcing via ARES announcement that the pod is incomming and using a small explosion to create the ilusion of the drop pod actually hiting the ship. This was all done in officers mess ouside any potential interference with the ship. We walked out the pod and saw the CO (that being Decker), before we could even explain our presence he said in LOOC that he is going to cryo because of us and left. As evidenced here: https://gyazo.com/ec617f390bedfdff5b9c48e5f809dcbc

Nevertheless we continued with the event (the round had an XO taking over command) and all we did was walk around the ship inspecting departments. We did not in any way interfered with the round and expressly avoided CIC as much as possible. (Apart from my visit since i was helping the XO take control of techwebs after the CO left)

There was an arrest performed in research and we did end up taking the CMO and researchers with us on the ERT shuttle, that is true. But that was all part of the results of said inspection and started by the researchers themselves. Besides we made sure medbay is manned. We also left only when the hijack was about to happen so as to again, not interfere with the round.

While the joke about Snooper being responsible for the event was poorly placed, outside of that i don't see any wrongdoing on Bens side. The entry was done on the places to not affect the round. We were clearly instructed to not interfere with CIC or marines. And nobody interfered with anything related to techs or the round itself. All we did was go around the ship, talk a bit, write a few papers and then leaving with researchers.

If anything this report is giant overreaction by Decker who didn't even stay in the game long enough to get the explanation for why we were there. Not to mention that his comment about "just inevitably cause conflict and hassle during the round" is null since we really didn't cause any conflicts nor hussle for the marines or shipside crew.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say in this report I failed to preserve RP and enjoyment on the server however, at least in my opinion, that is not true. Before the round even started I was speaking to you and a couple of others in command center that I was going to do a CO event and needed a couple of people to volunteer to be dropped into Almayer by droppod to inspect the new systems retrofitted on the ship (in OOC terms check out how the different departments were running after the techweb update). You told me in command center "You should be exceptionally carefull if I roll CO then" which I was. All the CO players were instructed not to interfere with CiC or any vital crew members which they followed.

For the event I spawned a droppod DMM map file in commanders mess and then dropped a small abomb to simulate the droppod hitting the Almayer, you can see the damages caused here: https://imgur.com/a/YKOy3Re . You said in discord that "people wound up dead" which is completely false, I waited to make sure the room was empty and as you can tell from the picture the blast was contained to the small area inside the officers mess.

After the captains had landed they went around the ship inspecting different departments after I gave them some event prompts that the retrofitting of new systems onboard the Almayer (techwebs) had made the ship go way over the annual budget and they needed to find anything that was wasting money. They came to the conclusion that research was draining the Almayers budget (techwebs had made the role useless) and decided to take the permabrigged researchers with them on their shuttle at round end so they could get a new job working for HC. The only time the captains came close to messing around was once they had left the Almayer and were at the ERT station I spawned some 'ASRS Goblins' for them to shoot after they joked earlier in the round that they felt like something was watching them from the bottom of the ASRS pit.

As for me saying Snooper was in charge of the event I made a joke (a bad one) that Snooper was the one sending in COs and then messaged you straight after saying it was me before Snooper removes my CO WL.

Once the COs had landed you walked up to them and before saying anything immediately went to cryo. You knew a CO event was happening, went captain and then cryo'd once the CO event started without bothering to even ask the captains why they had arrived on the Almayer in the first place (or ahelping that you were leaving an important role in the round). The only time one of the captains came close to interfering with CiC was when somebody taught the XO how techwebs worked after you left without transferring controls over to them at round start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think ben's actions failed to preserve the RP of the server.
    Additionally, when taking into account he was experimenting with the .dmm map load system and the fact it was a tech web test round, I don't think there's any cause for punishment.

I don't think bens actions were degrading the RP of the server like you suggest. Quite the opposite, he let several CO players spend the round RPing. The only issue I can possibly see here is the fact he used a drop-pod, instead of just spawning them on a shuttle. It was creative.