Thread: --Bug Shipside Alamo Didn't play audio

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--Bug Shipside Alamo Didn't play audio

-I'm a bit irritated-
    Feel free to submit this to the Gitlab

Suspectedly, When running to a dropship landing pad, from a sufficient distance, the audio file of the "airplane landing" may not play.
    This poses a problem if someone rushes to a dropship from the hallways, and doesn't hear the "airplane landing" sound to warn him.

Proposed solutions

1. Change the "airplane landing" sound to instead be "cut up" into a bunch of smaller clips, that then play in sequence so that anyone running in from a farther location will "load in" one of these sounds and be warned, instead of one bigger missable audio file that you "aren't in the radius of" and thus won't hear.

2. Make the shipside dropship visual warnings more conspicuous (or the groundside dropship pad), like visible wind blowing away from the landing pad to emphasize something big is gunna land there and is displacing air.

3. Make a Forcefield? or a Pushfield? that helps to prevent this?

Irritations below
    I got smashed and I'm in a bit of a bad mood about it.
    let's say, a researcher (me) is about to "cash in" on his ultrazine plants and rushing to deploy it, and really hopes to make a difference before FOB falls or to prevent some other calamity, and first goes to the Normandy to find it's not there, so -feeling his haste- goes to REQ hoping it's open -but failed to check the crew manifest- and rushes to REQ but finally notices that REQ windows are closed, so he goes and thinks "hey, I should dump this onto the Normandy like I normally would" So he rushes to The normandy, through the medbay doors and crosses the Alamo pad, but -due to this glitch- can't heed the audio warning and then gets smashed.
    Also, I remember feeling (not thinking) that the Red flashing lights didn't show either, but I'm less confident about that.

Right as he's about to cash in on his drugs to help the OP.
    Walk this event in your shoes and tell me if you aren't a bit irritated too.
    Last edited by anonymous14z; 03-10-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous14z View Post
    Also, I remember feeling (not thinking) that the Red flashing lights didn't show either, but I'm less confident about that.
    Sometimes i play on mute as I'm watching a movie or working, I rely on the red lights all the time. Audio bugs exist, same as running off-screen as a runner and dyeing to mortar/OB as you are too fast for sound or message.

If the red lights didn't work, that's a problem.