User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor starting number is now readied players divided by 10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Survivor starting number is now readied players divided by 10.

Sorry WHAT? Is this a joke?

That means we will have 12 survivors with shotguns at round start on the weekends? Do we even need marines? They can rush queen with her T1s and just kill everything.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, staff is now Survivor-biased. Wait for next week, staff will become tank-based, then in the week after that they will be CFL-biased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the survivors are bad, by the time fog drops on lz, there will already be like 45 xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now sweaty runner mains can't solo the 2-3 spawned survivors of yore. Perhaps these individuals should respect survivors as legitimate opponents instead of free kills to stack their personal KDR record.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Sorry WHAT? Is this a joke?

That means we will have 12 survivors with shotguns at round start on the weekends? Do we even need marines? They can rush queen with her T1s and just kill everything.
    No they can't because they will get fricking banned for meta gaming. No, because not everyone readies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anclandor View Post
    No they can't because they will get fricking banned for meta gaming. No, because not everyone readies.
    Let's be real here. Than we don't have 12 survivors only 9. We all know most people who go survivor are veterans, they are robust AF. I'm not saying they will walk up to the queen as they are not suppose to destroy resin walls, which would indicate they are walking in the hive direction. Still, when xenos start with 10 larva and lose 7 of them to survis, they only got 2 drones and a sentinel left when marines land, well what do you think how that round will go?

10% is waaaaaaaay to much. Or remove shotguns.

I think the theme was here that some scared marines are stranded on the planet and they are trying to escape. From a lore perspective that is correct. But now in-game we have 10 marines who are thinking to themself "I will kill the most xenos from all the robustos here, watch this".

Also if all they do is cade up and hold a bigger place, they can easily hold off anything just with their numbers. If xenos can't get a boiler to the front because they don't have, he is lost, map too big or the room is too big to gas it properly, they will never kill 10 marines.

Even worse, sometimes I see survis straight up suicide for a kill. They know very will they will die and nobody will revive them if they run in, but they can finish off that xeno. And they do. If all survis think like that who cares losing 10 survis for killing 5-8 xenos. At roundstart that is HUGE.

Seriously this is messed up, it's a massive oversight.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 03-12-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Let's be real here. Than we don't have 12 survivors only 9. We all know most people who go survivor are veterans, they are robust AF. I'm not saying they will walk up to the queen as they are not suppose to destroy resin walls, which would indicate they are walking in the hive direction. Still, when xenos start with 10 larva and lose 7 of them to survis, they only got 2 drones and a sentinel left when marines land, well what do you think how that round will go?

10% is waaaaaaaay to much. Or remove shotguns.

I think the theme was here that some scared marines are stranded on the planet and they are trying to escape. From a lore perspective that is correct. But now in-game we have 10 marines who are thinking to themself "I will kill the most xenos from all the robustos here, watch this".

Also if all they do is cade up and hold a bigger place, they can easily hold off anything just with their numbers. If xenos can't get a boiler to the front because they don't have, he is lost, map too big or the room is too big to gas it properly, they will never kill 10 marines.

Even worse, sometimes I see survis straight up suicide for a kill. They know very will they will die and nobody will revive them if they run in, but they can finish off that xeno. And they do. If all survis think like that who cares losing 10 survis for killing 5-8 xenos. At roundstart that is HUGE.

Seriously this is messed up, it's a massive oversight.
    If you think a Survivor has been going out of their way to actively HUNT xenos, rather than fending for their survival and acting in self-defence and such, you can always report it via ahelp I'm pretty sure. Now granted, I don't play survivor and don't know the exact rulings on them, but I'm like 85% certain they are not allowed to roam the map to shotgun xenos. They're meant to scavenge for supplies, maybe fortify themselves and then hold out until help arrives (if any).

A Survivor chasing after xenos to kill them can be considered LRP/NRP behaviour too, in my opinion.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont care.
    I rather want larva rushing to be punished
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main issue with survivors is actually the maps.

Survivors have always been in an odd spot, if they're too strong, they can quite easily wipe a hive, which is unfun for both marines and Xenos, if they're too weak., it's unfun for the survivors.

The issue with balancing them comes down to, each map that has been created has become increasingly whackier with weaponry, supplies, and survival gear, while this on the surface seems like a buff for survivors, it actually creates a rather unpleasant situation for the developers.

On one map, you may have very little beyond the core equipment you spawn with, a bit of metal, and the usual survivor tricks like shocked doors.

On another map, you quite literally have a cloaking device that allows you to shoot whilst invisible.

TLDR: Any > Core survivor < buffs will result in the strength of the survivor increasing on EVERY MAP, both the maps they REALLY need it, and the ones where they actually don't need it.

Standardise the map loot (or we use nightmare to randomise it from a certain pool within boundries and scaling to pop)
    Last edited by solidfury7; 03-12-2021 at 02:47 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misti Rockwell View Post
    If you think a Survivor has been going out of their way to actively HUNT xenos, rather than fending for their survival and acting in self-defence and such, you can always report it via ahelp I'm pretty sure. Now granted, I don't play survivor and don't know the exact rulings on them, but I'm like 85% certain they are not allowed to roam the map to shotgun xenos. They're meant to scavenge for supplies, maybe fortify themselves and then hold out until help arrives (if any).

A Survivor chasing after xenos to kill them can be considered LRP/NRP behaviour too, in my opinion.
    false