User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor starting number is now readied players divided by 10.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joke: Devs are marine mains
    Broke: Devs are xeno mains
    Woke: Devs are survivor mains

Survivors are already ooc disallowed from rushing the hive for some reason btw
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember in the movie when Newt got captured and Ripley couldn't save her because chasing after xenos is LRP/NRP.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misti Rockwell View Post
    If you think a Survivor has been going out of their way to actively HUNT xenos, rather than fending for their survival and acting in self-defence and such, you can always report it via ahelp I'm pretty sure. Now granted, I don't play survivor and don't know the exact rulings on them, but I'm like 85% certain they are not allowed to roam the map to shotgun xenos. They're meant to scavenge for supplies, maybe fortify themselves and then hold out until help arrives (if any).

A Survivor chasing after xenos to kill them can be considered LRP/NRP behaviour too, in my opinion.
    are we at the point where CM zoomers will ahelp you for kicking ass as survivor, god damn

Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Joke: Devs are marine mains
    Broke: Devs are xeno mains
    Woke: Devs are survivor mains

Survivors are already ooc disallowed from rushing the hive for some reason btw
    https://i.gyazo.com/932c7c67cfa6f394...ba2213a8a0.png
    Last edited by Dreven; 03-12-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there certainly is a reason as to why you're the only survivor on the whole colony and it aint the ability to hide in lockers..

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post
    there certainly is a reason as to why you're the only survivor on the whole colony and it aint the ability to hide in lockers..
    That moment when pajama survivor is the last one standing
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Sorry WHAT? Is this a joke?

That means we will have 12 survivors with shotguns at round start on the weekends? Do we even need marines? They can rush queen with her T1s and just kill everything.
    No. Observe one round and look at the survivors. You see 3-4 max, not including synthetic.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post
    Locker hiders are roll wasters

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    Locker hiders are roll wasters
    I mean, I hate this train of thought because they're free to play how they want, within the rules and RP guidelines we set down.

You shouldn't have that attitude when you yourself do things which aren't the normal cm standard for the role or route to win a round.

Not to mention the whole "role wasting" shit I hear in deadchat all the time, is quite literally just elitist plebs who forget they were new once and had to learn the game.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Let's be real here. Than we don't have 12 survivors only 9. We all know most people who go survivor are veterans, they are robust AF. I'm not saying they will walk up to the queen as they are not suppose to destroy resin walls, which would indicate they are walking in the hive direction. Still, when xenos start with 10 larva and lose 7 of them to survis, they only got 2 drones and a sentinel left when marines land, well what do you think how that round will go?

10% is waaaaaaaay to much. Or remove shotguns.

I think the theme was here that some scared marines are stranded on the planet and they are trying to escape. From a lore perspective that is correct. But now in-game we have 10 marines who are thinking to themself "I will kill the most xenos from all the robustos here, watch this".

Also if all they do is cade up and hold a bigger place, they can easily hold off anything just with their numbers. If xenos can't get a boiler to the front because they don't have, he is lost, map too big or the room is too big to gas it properly, they will never kill 10 marines.

Even worse, sometimes I see survis straight up suicide for a kill. They know very will they will die and nobody will revive them if they run in, but they can finish off that xeno. And they do. If all survis think like that who cares losing 10 survis for killing 5-8 xenos. At roundstart that is HUGE.

Seriously this is messed up, it's a massive oversight.

1. The normal amount I have seen is roughly 4.
    2. From what I have seen in the new change, observing and playing as surv, survs are defensive still only picking off xenos that have exposed themselves.
    3. After the first surv shattering, the amount of vets has plummeted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    I mean, I hate this train of thought because they're free to play how they want, within the rules and RP guidelines we set down.

You shouldn't have that attitude when you yourself do things which aren't the normal cm standard for the role or route to win a round.

Not to mention the whole "role wasting" shit I hear in deadchat all the time, is quite literally just elitist plebs who forget they were new once and had to learn the game.
    Normally I would agree with this. Except for survivor. Survivors depend on their buddys, so if you role surv and just locker hide, you are dooming another player to death. If your only goal is surviving to join with marines, and not playing survivor, just roll rine and not have to worry about xenos bashing over your locker.

This isn't saying a bald spec or doc is wasting a role, this is as if a spec didn't pick a spec kit and just outfitted like a PFC.