User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor starting number is now readied players divided by 10.

Whitelisted Captain BatHoovyDood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    10% is waaaaaaaay to much. Or remove shotguns.
    Top 10 most based takes of all time
    - Squad Leader Cassandra 'Boston' Ellis (and overconfident CO)

(Probably already dead)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how even before Dev mentioned the 7 max cap xeno players where all

" WOOOOW WOWOWOWOWOW 10 SURVIVORS WTF WTF OMG OMG!!!!11 DON'T YOU KNOW I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SOLO 3 SURVS AS A RUNNER ?WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANNOT SIMPLY RUN STARIGHT INTO SURVS, ZOMG QUEEN DEAD BY 12:15 !!!!!111"

The surv role has been neutered to shit and shafted with every update yet xenos will still bitch about 4-5 people as if somehow Hive wipe by survs was a common occurrance. Even funnier, they will melt down because they cannot simply kill all survs without losing a single xeno as if they cannot choose simply not to attack

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Survivor
    are you lrp?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    @Survivor
    are you lrp?
    Yeah.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    basedd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anclandor View Post
    Normally I would agree with this. Except for survivor. Survivors depend on their buddys, so if you role surv and just locker hide, you are dooming another player to death. If your only goal is surviving to join with marines, and not playing survivor, just roll rine and not have to worry about xenos bashing over your locker..
    This is an RP game. If I want to RP a coward who is legit sh*tting himself, because they stuck on a planet infested with deadly alien killing-machienes with help is either on the way, or not...well from a meta/lore/RP standpoint there is a bigger chance that you would be hiding a locker than running around naked wit a shotgun trying to PB xeno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    I like how even before Dev mentioned the 7 max cap xeno players where all

" WOOOOW WOWOWOWOWOW 10 SURVIVORS WTF WTF OMG OMG!!!!11 DON'T YOU KNOW I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SOLO 3 SURVS AS A RUNNER ?WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANNOT SIMPLY RUN STARIGHT INTO SURVS, ZOMG QUEEN DEAD BY 12:15 !!!!!111"
    I don't even know what I'm maining even. If I would have to guess it's 60% marines, so I'm no xeno main that's for sure, and when survis kill 50% of the team, that round will be broken, regardless of who's fault it was.

I will stop here and not mention any meta as I'm sure things will get fixed. When we want, we can kill survis, I would say 95% of the time after this tech-web update. They are not that big of a deal to kill now if you want abuse the game a bit. But since everybody wants to cap, they can kill a few xeno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    This is an RP game. If I want to RP a coward who is legit sh*tting himself, because they stuck on a planet infested with deadly alien killing-machienes with help is either on the way, or not...well from a meta/lore/RP standpoint there is a bigger chance that you would be hiding a locker than running around naked wit a shotgun trying to PB xeno.
    1. Thank you for arguing with me on a point that I already accepted -
    Quote Originally Posted by Anclandor View Post
    You make a good point, I failed to think about the non-combat part of surv when I was making my comment.
    2. From a lore standpoint marines would roll up with fully automatic pulserifles with LE rounds that can kill a beno in one shot and a whole hive in a minute. What survs "realistically" would be doesn't matter. And it isn't that unrealistic that some tough person could do what some barely trained marines can.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivors are the superior side and always will be.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    Now sweaty runner mains can't solo the 2-3 spawned survivors of yore. Perhaps these individuals should respect survivors as legitimate opponents instead of free kills to stack their personal KDR record.
    This is a joke, right?

Survivors aren't supposed to be marines who start groundside at the beginning of the round. They're supposed to be humans fighting for their lives to survive the xenos until help arrives. Acting as if they're supposed to be a legitimate, serious threat completely misses the point of the role and trivializes what was supposed to be hard mode in order to cater to people who kill 20% of the hive every round and then still complain when they're killed or captured.

You shouldn't expect to "win" as a survivor and it's pathetic to treat the role like you should.