User Tag List

Thread: 2 Squad radio operator is too much?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Squad radio operator is too much?

So I tried this role for a few rounds and I think having 2 RO/team is just too much. You do anyway not much 90% of the round as you can't frontline (well you can, but why would you risk dying?) You can kind of help engis, but you don't start with mats, so most of the time you are just waiting for the upgrades to be in. Which is...30 minutes of doing nothing.

Marines can access their tech anyway from their req vendors and every marine can access any drop pods regardless of which squad called it. Meaning, if I'm a deltard and I see a charlie RO, I just ask him to call the pods as I can take if from there. Even one RO is too much let alone 2/squad.

I suggest making the ROs a squad-independent job, like IO. Let them have 2-4 that should be more than enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please actually use "RTO" and not "RO" when referring to Radio Telephone Operators because the latter acronym is already in use for our main boss in Req.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can frontline, just don't be on point. I run an M39 + M37 loadout as RTO usually and dying isn't really an issue.

There's 8 RTOs because of phones, more RTOs means more points you can call and keep an info chain running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume this goes based on IRL like squads in which case there will be a RTO in each squad, but only one usually seen following the squad or platoon leader around to relay information the best he can. With that being said you would more than likely always be at the front so you continue to do your job and drop needed supplies or report queens were abouts or any situations where your team is unable to advance.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phone man funny. Phone man good. Keep phone man.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure theres no way to replace RTOs at the moment. I could be wrong, either way like fort said the numbers are good were it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    You can frontline, just don't be on point. I run an M39 + M37 loadout as RTO usually and dying isn't really an issue.

There's 8 RTOs because of phones, more RTOs means more points you can call and keep an info chain running.
    The only person needs to see you is the CIC. They can already just observe and radio you any time. No point really.