User Tag List

Thread: What the hell is the bell upgrade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell is the bell upgrade

When you are using the newly added engineer upgrades on the bell tower, you can upgrade it to a portable phone (IMT frame I think it's called)

It is really not clear what does it do. The description only says it's a frame. I can put it on the back slot, but I can't put items inside like the RTOs. I'm not even sure what it does, the description give no clue, asked mentors and other engis and they didn't know either.

The texture looks like a phone that goes on the back of an RTO. That's why I assumed that it's a phone. I know how to use those as I played that role, yet these can't be used as such. If I click on it, while it's on my back, it just puts it in my hand. If I click on it with my other hand, it switches hand.

I tried everything, even planting it as a C4 as it says it's a mount. Maybe I need to mount it somewhere? I tried to go melee range to a xeno, maybe it's a portable bell? But it does not bing at all like a bell does when xenos go near. Do I need to use a gun so it keeps ringing than?

What does it do??

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to stay within two tiles of a xeno for two seconds and it will start ringing, slowing the xeno down although the slow is not as good as normal bell, its not worth taking

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well thats fucking dumb

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    You need to stay within two tiles of a xeno for two seconds and it will start ringing, slowing the xeno down although the slow is not as good as normal bell, its not worth taking
    Well...okkay thanks. So...When I'm getting eaten by a xeno, my little bell will ring to mock me as I'm getting pulled into the darkness...okkay. I guess...it has it's use as an idiot alarm, as in the idiot is getting dragged again as he gave up a backpack slot for this. Grrrreat.

On the other hand, taking the flagmount with agility upgrade and speed stims...holy sh*t you can outrun a runner with no penalty, especially that I never take armor. That thing is dope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The frame mount (same name as the JIMA Flag mount, which is also just called the same thing in-game confusingly) is a backpack bell tower, similar to the backpack version of the flag.

It functions the same. 2 Tile radius to activate, and it will minorly slow any xeno that activates it. Very limited use due to its piss poor range. If something is 2 tiles away from you anywhere near the front, people can see it and if they can see it, they can probably also shoot it.

If you're in the backline it might be good, i.e. you got pounced by a Lurker or Runner. Other than that... meh. Just get the MD Bell tower upgrade. It cloaks, and it switches the actual bell for being a stationary Motion Detector (which, again, is cloaked)
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a good joke and can actually be used to secure kills, is it worth taking over a sentry? Nope, in most cases you're better sticking to your normal sentry or bell loadouts but if you're hunting on the backlines or want to help secure kills its great. The slow is kinda crap but not useless and if you have a couple of good marines with you it'll make all the difference.