User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sniper sentry turret wall is unfair in certain scenarios in its current state

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sniper sentry turret wall is unfair in certain scenarios in its current state

So tech webs is great and I think the sniper turret is intresting for pushing, However I have just had a round where a marine setup a 5 sniper sentry turret wall as a crusher in one shot I lost over half of my health and then a second shot rang out and I was dead. Mind you this was off screen and I would have no way of knowing this and if I was less than a crusher lets say a runner or a boiler it would be just poof gone. Can we get either a slight delay and a visual like with a regular sniper or perhaps make it so marines can't place turrets right on top of each other like how xenos can't throw traps on top of each other?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i mean.. tech web is kinda wack...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, it has no counter. Just go and flank. Your only option is to have a resin whisperer place walls and block them, but it does not solve it. Could be worse. 4 of the upgraded flame sentry would blown you to pieces in the same time.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just dodge.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cope Seethe Cope Cope
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100th hold on ert deck with 5 stacked turrets is always fun wdym
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we may never truly understand the way of the marines

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am ambivalent on this issue

on one hand, i get how this could be annoying to xenos, be hard to counter, and not inspire fun and engaging fights, but on the other....

XENOS MAD, XENOS MAD, XENOS MAD

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    I am ambivalent on this issue

on one hand, i get how this could be annoying to xenos, be hard to counter, and not inspire fun and engaging fights, but on the other....
    For me the "other hand" bit is there's a fair number of balance issues that benefit the hive to the point of negatively impacting the meta and game flow that haven't been fixed in months seemingly due to strong resistance from various people, as well as the new addition of remote-spawned acid pylons, so I don't see a reason why something like this needs anyone on the Marine side advocating for its removal when the Xeno equivalents seem to be staying, even if it makes things boring for Marines.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sentries got their nerf - can't stack them close to each other anymore.

FGRSentinel is 100% correct though. The current direction of development has been 100% fuck marines over. There's a host of small QoL issues that aren't being looked at, and any time something on the marine side could be considered "unfair" it is almost immediately removed, while the same issues on the xeno side - like the remotely spawned acid pylons that can appear underneath objects so you can't even see them being spawned nevermind the absurdity of marines "being able to melee the weeds" when there's warriors, ravagers, praes, etc within distance to completely fuck you over for even trying it and then on top of that each build caste can spawn one of these, and then on top of that it has an absurdly low cooldown and machinegun fires and then on top of that it targets every single marine in range and shoots at each one separately at once and then on top of THAT the acid will track you and go THROUGH WALLS AND CADES (intended design btw lmao), or how about the fact that the xeno rubber walls are a 100% gunfire invulnerable resin wall that CANNOT be destroyed except with explosives or melee allowing xenos to hide, rest, and peek at range with 100% total gunfire invulnerability - You see blatant unbalanced gameplay issues like this and they don't get looked at. In fact if you bring it up you're told it's working perfectly fine just as intended.

Normally I don't like to throw around "xenomain devs" but holy shit these guys aren't even /trying/ to hide the blatant fucking bias.

The only thing I haven't seen them fuck over for marines yet are shotguns, and I strongly suspect that's because the triple wield shotgun meta garbage is both something all their clique friends use, and secondly something only 5% of the marine playerbase is taking advantage of, so we get to have xenos """balanced""" against this meta most people don't even make use of. Which is just the kind of systemic bias I keep seeing in changes and decisions that are being made. Anything that has a meta 'feature' that benefits marines or negatively impacts xenos is immediately worked on, and if its vice versa it goes on the backlog to neverville.
    Last edited by Boersgard; 03-22-2021 at 11:19 PM.