User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sniper sentry turret wall is unfair in certain scenarios in its current state

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    Normally I don't like to throw around "xenomain devs" but holy shit these guys aren't even /trying/ to hide the blatant fucking bias.
    Since the update I'm playing almost exclusively resin whisperer. I raised some points about abuse in OOC, admins/mods saw it and on gitlab also.

They just told us that "you can see when the xeno is bulding, just destroy the weeds." I explained to them that a seasoned xeno will abuse the hell out of this and they said just git good...I told them that I AM the xeno who is abusing it and I'M TELLING YOU that it can be abused and it's OP. They didn't really seem to care.

So I just went on my business and continues to abuse, see if anything happens. Plot twist..nothing happened.

Just to give you a few things, "just destroy the weed they are building". Yeah sure, if a group of marines are in the middle of nowhere not being attacked, just destroy the weeds. Too bad I'm either gonna place it on

a) green blood, so it's extremely hard to see
    b) if they don't have combat implant for night vision I will turn off xeno night-vision and place it in a way that is almost impossible to see due to LOS
    c) place it during boiler gas, good freaking luck running in to destroy weeds
    d) place it during queen screech, even if they see it, they will be shooting queen first in the remaining 2 sec after stun wears off
    e) blatantly place it under textures that hide it so well that I could place it under marines they would not notice
    f) place weeds close to cades, let it creep through, repeat a few times as marines will destroy it, wait until they are distracted with their inventory or drop pods and place it, 50% of time it works as they are not expecting it when there are no xenos around and nobody is shooting. By the time they react, I already got in 2 volleys on each marines...again for free with no downside.
    g) place it behind doors or reflective walls. Marines will melee them, once it's destroyed they will eat the acid. Bonus point if there is something on the floor behind wall. I will place spike traps under textures so it's hard to see. Marines will rush in to melee the tower, stepping on the spike traps. Even if they see and destroy the spike traps, well good sh*t you just ate an other volley of acid because you wasted your time. All that effort to destroy that tower? It was free and I was 2 screens away eating my crisps and AFK and still got in heavy damage while doing nothing.

I could go on and on, but I'm telling you, my towers rarely get destroyed during building. And even if they are, who cares. It's practically free, has almost no cooldown, I will just place a new one almost instantly. Even if I can get only 2-3 hits in, I didn't lose anything, but it does A LOT of damage to marines. And again, the downside? Nothing. Literally nothing. I'm just placing a new one.

When I'm getting more crits than any T2, it is broken. On some maps with a little preparation as a normal hivelord spamming my walls before marines attack, I can pretty much solo hold off a whole squad. I just keep retreating and damaging them until they give up. Even if they push through, what are they going to win? Here take your empty Omega. You didn't kill anybody and half of your squad is in crit or OD and you need to return to LZ. Good luck catching that hivelord through his walls and doors that is almost faster on weeds than a runner.

It's way broken than borrower. With that I always hide every trap under textures, but at least you can right click on it or just mortar if there is no pylon. But with this, I literally don't care. So mortar it, I will rebuild everything instantly anyway.

I suggested a few ways to balance it. The best would be just to give it a 30-60 sec cooldown. Anything else will just piss xenos players off. Like make the build time double or triple. Or make it only placeable on hive weeds, limiting it's offensive use.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 03-23-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A recent change was merged that prevents sentries from being placed 2 tiles within each other, so they won't be able to spam this anymore.
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Since the update I'm playing almost exclusively resin whisperer. I raised some points about abuse in OOC, admins/mods saw it and on gitlab also.

They just told us that "you can see when the xeno is bulding, just destroy the weeds." I explained to them that a seasoned xeno will abuse the hell out of this and they said just git good...I told them that I AM the xeno who is abusing it and I'M TELLING YOU that it can be abused and it's OP. They didn't really seem to care.

So I just went on my business and continues to abuse, see if anything happens. Plot twist..nothing happened.

Just to give you a few things, "just destroy the weed they are building". Yeah sure, if a group of marines are in the middle of nowhere not being attacked, just destroy the weeds. Too bad I'm either gonna place it on

a) green blood, so it's extremely hard to see
    b) if they don't have combat implant for night vision I will turn off xeno night-vision and place it in a way that is almost impossible to see due to LOS
    c) place it during boiler gas, good freaking luck running in to destroy weeds
    d) place it during queen screech, even if they see it, they will be shooting queen first in the remaining 2 sec after stun wears off
    e) blatantly place it under textures that hide it so well that I could place it under marines they would not notice
    f) place weeds close to cades, let it creep through, repeat a few times as marines will destroy it, wait until they are distracted with their inventory or drop pods and place it, 50% of time it works as they are not expecting it when there are no xenos around and nobody is shooting. By the time they react, I already got in 2 volleys on each marines...again for free with no downside.
    g) place it behind doors or reflective walls. Marines will melee them, once it's destroyed they will eat the acid. Bonus point if there is something on the floor behind wall. I will place spike traps under textures so it's hard to see. Marines will rush in to melee the tower, stepping on the spike traps. Even if they see and destroy the spike traps, well good sh*t you just ate an other volley of acid because you wasted your time. All that effort to destroy that tower? It was free and I was 2 screens away eating my crisps and AFK and still got in heavy damage while doing nothing.

I could go on and on, but I'm telling you, my towers rarely get destroyed during building. And even if they are, who cares. It's practically free, has almost no cooldown, I will just place a new one almost instantly. Even if I can get only 2-3 hits in, I didn't lose anything, but it does A LOT of damage to marines. And again, the downside? Nothing. Literally nothing. I'm just placing a new one.

When I'm getting more crits than any T2, it is broken. On some maps with a little preparation as a normal hivelord spamming my walls before marines attack, I can pretty much solo hold off a whole squad. I just keep retreating and damaging them until they give up. Even if they push through, what are they going to win? Here take your empty Omega. You didn't kill anybody and half of your squad is in crit or OD and you need to return to LZ. Good luck catching that hivelord through his walls and doors that is almost faster on weeds than a runner.

It's way broken than borrower. With that I always hide every trap under textures, but at least you can right click on it or just mortar if there is no pylon. But with this, I literally don't care. So mortar it, I will rebuild everything instantly anyway.

I suggested a few ways to balance it. The best would be just to give it a 30-60 sec cooldown. Anything else will just piss xenos players off. Like make the build time double or triple. Or make it only placeable on hive weeds, limiting it's offensive use.
    a) Not opposed to someone making a more visible icon that overlays over blood
    b, c) The acid pillar has a limited range and low health. Literally just destroy and shoot it before some dumbass walks into it
    d) Takes 10 seconds for a resin whisperer to actually build it. Queen screech stun doesn't last this long and marines will usually be retreating at this point, if not pushing.
    e) Same as answer A.
    f) Fault of marines for not noticing it is being built.
    g) Intentional, it's all about strategy. Grenades counter this.

Has a cooldown of 10 seconds, so no, it isn't an instant build. Once it gets destroyed, you have to wait another 20 seconds to build it again.
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon914 View Post
    a) Not opposed to someone making a more visible icon that overlays over blood
    b, c) The acid pillar has a limited range and low health. Literally just destroy and shoot it before some dumbass walks into it
    d) Takes 10 seconds for a resin whisperer to actually build it. Queen screech stun doesn't last this long and marines will usually be retreating at this point, if not pushing.
    e) Same as answer A.
    f) Fault of marines for not noticing it is being built.
    g) Intentional, it's all about strategy. Grenades counter this.

Has a cooldown of 10 seconds, so no, it isn't an instant build. Once it gets destroyed, you have to wait another 20 seconds to build it again.
    Appreciate the reply. Again, don't take me too seriously I'm salty AF and like to abuse every single game mechanic in every game I ever played. That's just how I like to play. I like to break games that's all.

If it is intended, sure. I don't mind tings being extremely strong. I would even vote for queen charge back or triple her HP. What I usually have issue is, when something is too strong for little to no effort. After I done playing with it, I always mention it. I'm not the one to keep it to myself, if I think something can be abused I do it openly so devs have a chance to balance it - that is if they want to balance it.

With all the salt going on, I think most of us would not be playing this game if we would truly didn't like it. So it's all good.

Right, off to make 200 cheapo M20 OT claymores in 30 minutes and place is under textures so xenos can get PTSD for maximum salt. Cheers!