User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SRTO's are the best part of the new patches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SRTO's are the best part of the new patches.

They are fantastic.
    Even without the techweb a dedicated jtac/supply coards/backup SL is what the marines have needed for years.
    Thanks devs good job!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance Asshat View Post
    They are fantastic.
    Even without the techweb a dedicated jtac/supply coards/backup SL is what the marines have needed for years.
    Thanks devs good job!
    If they would limit it to 1/squad so it's actually valuable as 2 makes it a meh role or even better, make them squad independent like IQ as let's be honest. They *MIGHT* think they are sooooo important...but not really. I just go to any regardless of squad and request a pod. It has practically no cooldown, no cost, no downside to call is so they don't have to think, just press a button. Wow such important person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think RTOs implementation is finished. When shared comms between ship and ground will disappear, RTOs are gonna be the only way to talk to command/CAS. Maybe not important yet but very when you're gonna need to bitch at someone for your spec ammo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gysilian View Post
    I dont think RTOs implementation is finished. When shared comms between ship and ground will disappear, RTOs are gonna be the only way to talk to command/CAS. Maybe not important yet but very when you're gonna need to bitch at someone for your spec ammo.
    100% agree. But for now, why would I go into the trouble to drop what I'm holding, click on phone, find who I'm looking for, dial, hope they are not too busy to answer and say what I need. If I forgot something I have to call back and all that jazz.

Instead of...pressing ;.

But yes if they decide to remove comms or make them portable again or add some other mechanic that blocks shipside communication they will be extremely important. For now, I just ask any RTO for upgrades and do JTAC as a normal marine as usual. They also got their build speed nerfed so no more helping engis out.

Come to think of it, that would be a cool xeno tech to block either shipside-planet or all comms for X minutes. Maybe station bounced radios-like could work on planet, but it would be cool to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useless copycat SL role but without their obligations that is only useful to call a pod 2 or 3 times in a round and make some fun with the telephone. Any person can do JTAC. The majority of RTOs are just self-entitled scumbags that act like a child with their squad or SLs when things don't go their way, exceptions to the norm ofc. (Calling people mad fun tho)
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 03-16-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know about you all but I have fun calling other RTOs and asking them how things are going on their side on the push, call the ship and asking for more OT shells for mortar and asking CIC to add more long distance calling minutes to my phone so I can call back to Earth.
    I would like the test the idea of the no ship to ground comms except for the RTO, but i have a feeling it wont go over so well, and would lead to more things needing to be balanced out, meaning more work for the mods.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynuahSororitas View Post
    Useless copycat SL role but without their obligations that is only useful to call a pod 2 or 3 times in a round and make some fun with the telephone. Any person can do JTAC. The majority of RTOs are just self-entitled scumbags that act like a child with their squad or SLs when things don't go their way, exceptions to the norm ofc. (Calling people mad fun tho)
    You wouldn't believe how bad SEAs were when they first got added. Any new role thinks their hot stuff until it dies down.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I complained about them on the discord, I was assured that they would communicate with Req and call in JTAC, so the SL could focus on leading their squad. Apparently using binoculars and radios is too hard for squad leaders.

In a 150 person game, I see on average 2 RTOs do something that isn't just call in pods, make prank phone calls, and unga, and those two are usually the Bravo RTOs. From everything I hear, they'll be better when all the features are merged in, in which case, I'd rather we reverted and waited for those features to be done. Right now, all I see is they take away the value of an SL because of their skills in medical, engineering, and command, and their access to command comms, while also not contributing in the area they're actually supposed to (communication and coordination).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urytion View Post
    Right now, all I see is they take away the value of an SL because of their skills in medical, engineering, and command, and their access to command comms, while also not contributing in the area they're actually supposed to (communication and coordination).
    RTO were re-balanced and no longer spawn with command comms, and lost a level in engineering, and construction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RTO's are a great addition. Roleplay wise some of the best fun I've had, I'll make a guide on it when the role has been fleshed out, but seriously you can have some great fun with it such as pulling stuff off like:

"PAPA BEAR, THIS IS ALPHA-20, REQUESTING ORBITAL SUPPORT WAIT ONE FOR GRID REFERENCE- LONG -194 LAT 134, OVER."

Stuff like that really adds to the game for me. Fellow CO's and command mains can attest to how erm 'annoying' I can be.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell