User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SRTO's are the best part of the new patches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're ok, but really lacking in critical things to do in a fight. I hear devs talk about them like gosh, xenos should prioritize these RTO dudes and celebrate when they kill one, but... they're just a glorified PFC. They're not dangerous and they're not very unique. Xenos are happy when they kill a spec, but they're never going to care about a PFC that can phone people vs the guy that can gib you in one shot.

The drop pods are a neat idea but they simply don't need to be used more than 2-3x per round, if that. If the pod deployments had defensive or offensive uses by themselves, maybe RTO's would actually be meta targeted for being dangerous, but as it stands? They're not dangerous (in fact, less dangerous than a typical PFC carrying more guns/ammo) and by the time a xeno has a chance at killing one, they've already done the job they needed to do.

Overall its a nice addition for roleplaying, aesthetic and the theme of the game, but more thought needed to be put into the actual gameplay of this job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    maybe RTO's would actually be meta targeted for being dangerous, but as it stands? They're not dangerous (in fact, less dangerous than a typical PFC carrying more guns/ammo) and by the time a xeno has a chance at killing one, they've already done the job they needed to do.
    I would love some aggressive cosmetic changes on them. Make that antenna huge on their back, like a vietnam-era 5 foot antenna sticking up from their back.

And yes, they are not as useful as they think they are. I'm sure they will be 'buffed' via removing comms altogether or some other way.

But for now as a xeno, I can even ignore them, they are mostly harmless over other marines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment, they're basically PFC++. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think it's that terrible for them. It's unga, with a little less kit customization, but more skills, plus bigtext and the ability to call things.

What they really need is for some techs to be renewable, instead of single use. You really only need to call armor maybe once or twice, then implants/other techs once or twice when they're unlocked. Latejoiners get them from prep, and with 8 RTOs people already on the ground will get them fairly fast.

However, if some techs, like armor or medic, could be accessed multiple times, it'd make the role more useful and important. If you could get new armor plates after a set amount of time, they'd be more useful than a handful of blocked slashes, then maybe a few more if you chose metal and made a scrap plate. Part of the reason the medic tech is literally never taken is that its only a handful of kits and splints, and once they run out, no more. Sure, it's nice to have a little better gear to use on a marine or two, but it's not good enough compared to special sentries.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make the armor and medic tech renewable and see what happens.

I honestly don't think much of anything will change besides RTO's actually participating with the calldowns more than 2x an hour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way. If as a PFC I select the endi-upgrade, I get a random item, like a wrench or some cables....why?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    By the way. If as a PFC I select the endi-upgrade, I get a random item, like a wrench or some cables....why?
    Because its for engineers, they get that good stuff. As PFC you get cable from engineering upgrade, same for the medical tech, medics get the upgrades while everyone else gets a basic medical item.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    It's dumb and confuses players who don't read every little note about the game.

Either give everyone something genuinely useful from the medical/engineer dropods, or don't give them anything. Why the heck are we giving PFC's random clutter garbage to toss on the ground from these dropods???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It gives a easily renewable supply of basic PFC medical items, like bandaids and stuff. It can be useful-ish.
    Stephen Belfast, PBer
    Pau'thi Teer, unrobust pred
    JO-J0, really bad runner
    Also Yautja WL councillor. Feel free to DM me on discord for any Predator related concerns.
    FrankTheMagicPotato#5067
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not easily renewable, once you, as PFC Unga Gamer have taken one medical thing, that's it. ya get no more. Same for all techweb things. Ya can't get more tools from engi pods, for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove portable tcomms, make telecomms a set location in the middle of the map, with RTOs being the only means of communication with command until they're up. Bam. Metarushes now have a distinct downside of you needing to send a potentially murderable group of marines to a different location to set up some defenses, and maps now have a second front that isn't reliant on xenos being 300 IQ.