User Tag List

Thread: Stains - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stains - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Levianaught
    Do you confirm you have read the Appeal Rules and that this appeal conforms to them?
    Yes
    Character Name?
    Dirt Serpent
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing a discord ban)
    ShadyMerchant#0887
    Type of Ban?
    Permanent Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    None
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Novacti
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    Terragov, Beestation, Aurora, Fulp, Stalker, Cyberiad
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Skyrat
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No
    Reason for Ban
    I was wrongfully one day banned for saying pussy, and I was teaching my buddy on the same IP. We were approached about that, and then I was one day banned after that was cleared. It was pretty annoying so I jumped on my alt. I was immediately permanently banned. I'm obviously not a cheater, and I have played alot of CM. It's been lame being banned for this bullshit. I would like to play again.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    All I have to say is that I love this game, and I just wanted to show my friend how cool it was, and the day I was gonna do it, I got fucking banned. It was incredibly lame, a huge letdown honestly. We have debated whether we would even play again with this bullshit happening like this, and were willing to give it another shot if you guys can see I'm not a bad guy, I love this game, and just want to be able to play again. That would be really dope.

Commanding Officer Council Member Superreallycoolguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for Levinaught:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Notes for ferosofool:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I Play Karl 'Ausbruch' Walz
    CO Council Member, Discord Is Dargus#4831, DM Your CO Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the time of my original ban, this is what Novacti told me:

Hello Stains/Levianaught,

Uneless an admin has exercised their privledges to enable rule 0, then there are no excuses for breaching the rules. While your statement including the phrase "pussies" is technically fine, as euphemisms that also have a sexual meaning are allowed in non-sexual contexts. However, the final judgement is still left to the member of staff handling the situation.

If you'd just suck it up and stick with the original 24 hour ban, then you would've been fine. But the main issue here is that you tried to ban eveade by creating another account. We have a 0 tolerance policy for actions like these. The regular punishment for ban evasion/multikeying is a permanent ban. If you really wanted, you could've just walked over to your friend since you were both in the same building as you claimed them to be "in the other room" and continued teaching them there. There is no need to create another account in an attempt to evade a ban.

I have taken a look at the logs. You attitude was decent while you were being talked to by the respective members of staff. I did not witness any unprofessional conduct from the members of staff that were talking to you either.

If you actually want something to happen in this situation. File an appeal. Your message to reach out to the community may help you to some extent. However it is the staff team that reserves the right to take administrative action. The most the community could do is bring the issue up to the staff team and attempt to influence their decision.
    ===

I was informed here that what I said was not even technically rule breaking. It was up to the discretion of the admin in question, who just obviously wanted to throw their weight around.

As for the multi-keying, I have stated previously I was just trying to teach my friend how to play a game I love. I got 'caught' doing it, (I did not think it was a big deal.) And was given the ban or whatever.

I just wanna play the game again dudes.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admins voted to deny this on the basis of you not really owning up to evading and not telling us why it's wrong.

You can reappeal in a month
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.