Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VossAldrich - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    VossAldrich

Player Name You Use Most?
    Voss 'V' Aldrich

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Earlier in Jan for EORG (first game)

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    BE should be a last resort used only for those who threaten the safety of the commander and their comrades. Otherwise appropriate brig time should be dealt with. Repeat offenders will be more likely to be placed under BE of course. I view BE as a last resort, not a show of ultimate power.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    I have been in charge of multiple squadrons for a game called DCS that are professional and have ex-military in them and I will run my ship as I do my squadrons. I expect discipline during military events but I don't want complete strict "Speak only when spoken to" That damages morale and can actually lead to a mutiny. When an insubordinate arrises I typically try to assess as to why they are doing it. Is it a personal reason/opinion, is it due to my command, or are they just being an a**. I will typically try to remedy the situation as fast as possible but I will not linger upon it for my focus is to be on my marines not just one singular marine that's for the SO's and SL's to sort out. But if they still refuse to be subordinate its to the brig I'm afraid. As for SO's who can't do anything right I believe that everyone can do something right gathering they follow proper procedure so say we have an SO who is unfamiliar with their OW position or the scope of their duty. I've been there, I will attempt to guide them and give a basic overlay so they will at least be minorly affective for a time being until I can dedicate more time to them. As for an XO who would challenge me I would welcome it. Strategy is perfected THROUGH critisism but if its borders insubordination I would deal with them through the same I would any other marine.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of a commanding officer is one that covers a wide array of duties/responsibilities. The commanding officer is the ultimate power upon his/her command they are the final say, the alpha and omega. If the marines fail, it is due to their CO. The CO's duty is to the corps and more importantly to their marines they are to lead with distinguished and honorable integrity they are to be above human wants/needs such as money/power. The CO has a duty to protect his marines and his ship as if they were his children and he is to lead them as he were their father. The CO is to make battle plans, and of course plans never work so he is to alter those plans to best complete the misson while preserving the life of marine equipment/lives. He will have to sacrifice the few for the needs of the many but he never should be so eager to do so.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I believe the CO should have an OW console (I am unsure if he has one already) so that he can overwatch all the squads without having to go to the SO's terminal and do it from there. I have a lot of experience in strategy and leadership and an overall OW console in the captains area would be a MASSIVE help. Especially if he/she could set orders for squads from that terminal that way the captain can remain in the most effective position while having complete overwatch over the squads and being able to set orders on the fly instead of getting up and maneuvering over to the other terminals. I believe this would be a MASSIVE benefit.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I have years of experience in leadership for several simulated games/strategy games. Leadership positions are not unknown to me and I am quite the heavy roleplayer yet not overbearing (do expect a speech or two in times of dire need of morale boost). I believe that I bring more than just roleplay and competence to the table because I consider my self an avid strategist and I often study historical strategy as part of my classes. I enjoy strategy and I like the pressure it puts me under it allows me to focus. That and I just think that being Commander is FUN something that I enjoy and I hope I can bring that joy to the rest of CM community when I roll CO.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Name: Voss 'V' Aldrich
    Dossier: Born in Germany in 2151 Voss was noted for being exceptionally smart in all fields even graduating two years ahead of schedule. However too poor to afford entrance to an ivy league school Voss enrolled in the UAAC officer school and excelled there graduating top of his class in westpoint with distinguished notes in leadership and strategy. Assigned to USS John paul. As lieutenant Voss showed exceptional ability to care and stand up for his marines in times of dire need and showed bravery when he deployed in order to better lead the squad when the SL was injured and incapable to finish the operation. After two years upon the USS John Paul he was promoted to Executive officer after the previous XO was transferred to another ship. As XO Voss once again showed dedication to not just his duty but the marines under his charge often going out of his way to offer and provide the commanding officer with different strategies to decrease marine casualties. Upon a field deployment to personally check the viability of a forward emplacement Voss at great risk to his own life took up arms to help rally the rear echelon of troops against a CLF ambush losing his left eye in the process due to severe burns on the left side of his face from an incendiary grenade. Due to exceptional valor and dedication to not only the corps and his duties but to the marines he leads I formally tender his promotion to Commanding officer and to be given his own charge. It is my formal belief that Voss will rise above and beyond the call of duty to accomplish the misson and uphold the strongest core beliefs of the corps.

Formally,

Commanding officer of the Jonh paul,

Mitch Dehler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, just checked some stuff. It appears that you're clear to send 2 of 'em at the same time.

I'll look at your APP soon.
    Last edited by Pedroca2lucas; 02-05-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroca2lucas View Post
    Okay, If I'm not mistaken, you're not supposed to have 2 APPs running at the same time.

I mean, you've got a Predator one currently.
    I'm not sure if thats a rule or not, if it is I sincerely apologize for breaking it. If you're refering to the two apps posted for CO I don't know why it double posted

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you don't seem like a shitter and I doubt you'd abuse your powers to the detriment of others. As someone who has seen the ups-and-downs of being Captain, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

1. Briefing starts and you have people with fire extinguishers zipping around on office chairs, people throwing smoke grenades, engineers dismantling your glass windows and numerous others engaged in disarm spam fights. You have no MPs, what do you do?

2. You are playing on Ice Colony and the entire marine force is in front of Excavation Caves fighting 1 Praetorian, 1 Boiler and 2 Sents. What do you do?

3. A French marine constantly pushes you, tries to trap you in a statis bag, points guns at you and calls you gay and a bad Captain. What do you do?

4. Marines get stomped and dead chat is full of people saying you are a terrible Captain and a mouthbreathing retard. What do you do?

5. Some marine in squad comms is agitating an entire squad via ultimately innocuous statements and isn't actually doing anything wrong. What do you do?

Also, I'd like to know what you think of each Squad.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    Well you don't seem like a shitter and I doubt you'd abuse your powers to the detriment of others. As someone who has seen the ups-and-downs of being Captain, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

1. Briefing starts and you have people with fire extinguishers zipping around on office chairs, people throwing smoke grenades, engineers dismantling your glass windows and numerous others engaged in disarm spam fights. You have no MPs, what do you do?

2. You are playing on Ice Colony and the entire marine force is in front of Excavation Caves fighting 1 Praetorian, 1 Boiler and 2 Sents. What do you do?

3. A French marine constantly pushes you, tries to trap you in a statis bag, points guns at you and calls you gay and a bad Captain. What do you do?

4. Marines get stomped and dead chat is full of people saying you are a terrible Captain and a mouthbreathing retard. What do you do?

5. Some marine in squad comms is agitating an entire squad via ultimately innocuous statements and isn't actually doing anything wrong. What do you do?

Also, I'd like to know what you think of each Squad.
    Thank you for repsonding! I enjoy the fact that you asked such well rounded questions and here are my answers for them.

1.) Where as I would probably chuckle IRL at the people farting around on chairs I would of course use the megaphone to broadcast an order for the marines to simmer down and get in their spots for breifing. If this does not work I will make it an order and of course this doens't work I would use Ahelp to ask an admin to say something OOC because at that point they are disrupting the flow of the round.

2.) Where as I value this tactical question I have to ask for for information but here is my answer based on what is given. IF the ENTIERTY of the marine force is fighting such a small contengency I would order two squads to break off and attempt to flank depending on if the FOB is built, T-comms is up, etc etc. Like I said I can't exactly give a straight thorough answer without feeling as if I'm leaving something out. I am a very tactical person and this type of situation has many, many if ands or butts and I apologize if this irritates you.

3.) I would order the marine to stop and give him two warnings before sicking the MP's on him for pointing a weapon at the CO, disobeying an order, and possibly assault? I wouldn't go so far as the assault but I would tell him if he thought I was such a bad CO I would order the CMP to allow the man to make a formal complaint to HC as he served out his brig time.

4.) I would sincerely apologize for ruining anyones round and tell them I led to the best of my ability and ask for any advice/tips or things they would have done differently. Then again if they are just being overall a**hats and throwing random insults I would ignore them and just apologize and tell them to make a complaint if they believe I did so poorly.

5.) Had to deal with this as an SO already. I would order the marine to stop at the behest of agitating the squad because then they cannot perform at peak efficency. If they do not cease I would warn them a total of three times after the intial asking of them to stop before I threaten them with being thrown in the brig for insubordination due to the ignoring of an order from a superior officer to cease transmissions.

As for the squads I have no thoughts? I mean I've played in all the squads and never really had a problem even though I main in Alpha because I love the color red thats the only real reason I do alpha all the time. I don't see any particular squad being better than the other at anything since players switch so often. There are those that will go out of their way to berate other squads for RP reasons or personal reasons.

I hope these answers suffice and are the ones you are looking for, if you have a problem with any of the answers please tell me so and either correct me or give me a chance to correct myself. Thank you for taking the time to consider my app!
    Last edited by VossAldrich; 02-05-2019 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Forgot an answer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your answers and I think you're mature enough to be captain, but I'll address each answer and give you my take on them.

Quote Originally Posted by VossAldrich View Post
    Thank you for repsonding! I enjoy the fact that you asked such well rounded questions and here are my answers for them.

1.) Where as I would probably chuckle IRL at the people farting around on chairs I would of course use the megaphone to broadcast an order for the marines to simmer down and get in their spots for breifing. If this does not work I will make it an order and of course this doens't work I would use Ahelp to ask an admin to say something OOC because at that point they are disrupting the flow of the round.
    The fact that you didn't default to BEing people is pretty much what I was looking for. However, the way to deal with it as efficiently as possible is to just do briefing REALLY fast, tell everyone to fuck off to Alamo and then restate your orders via an announcement. You're not going to quell round start shittery with a megaphone and summoning admins is a bothersome and time consuming endeavor.

2.) Where as I value this tactical question I have to ask for for information but here is my answer based on what is given. IF the ENTIERTY of the marine force is fighting such a small contengency I would order two squads to break off and attempt to flank depending on if the FOB is built, T-comms is up, etc etc. Like I said I can't exactly give a straight thorough answer without feeling as if I'm leaving something out. I am a very tactical person and this type of situation has many, many if ands or butts and I apologize if this irritates you.
    Marines are players. Players that want to click on xeno sprites. If you are seeking to play Captain because you have ideas about engaging in tactics and strategy you are barking up the wrong tree. You wont organize anyone to do any sort of advanced movement, they need incentive. The biggest incentive is "Hey there are xeno sprites elsewhere". If you want them to break off you just have to pray that other marines see xenos elsewhere, then immediately make a big fuss about it. You state that you come from extreme milsim with high standards. You wont get much of that as Captain.

3.) I would order the marine to stop and give him two warnings before sicking the MP's on him for pointing a weapon at the CO, disobeying an order, and possibly assault? I wouldn't go so far as the assault but I would tell him if he thought I was such a bad CO I would order the CMP to allow the man to make a formal complaint to HC as he served out his brig time.
    People who do this are trying to agitate you and see how far they can push your buttons. They will not respond to such HRP responses. You either have to bore them so they go away or you gotta BE them. It's fine to BE because they actually want you to kill them. However if you are lucky and an MP does handle it, it's much better.

4.) I would sincerely apologize for ruining anyones round and tell them I led to the best of my ability and ask for any advice/tips or things they would have done differently. Then again if they are just being overall a**hats and throwing random insults I would ignore them and just apologize and tell them to make a complaint if they believe I did so poorly.
    As impossible as it is, the best thing is to ignore them and not acknowledge their existence. They will forget about the round the moment the next one starts. But, good luck not being baited into an argument.

5.) Had to deal with this as an SO already. I would order the marine to stop at the behest of agitating the squad because then they cannot perform at peak efficency. If they do not cease I would warn them a total of three times after the intial asking of them to stop before I threaten them with being thrown in the brig for insubordination due to the ignoring of an order from a superior officer to cease transmissions.
    You had to deal with this because it was me, I was the one talking in squad chat. Personally I think it was lame that you told me to shut up or be marked for insub, but alas what can a vegan lone wolf super marine Trace Taylor do against such oppression... Not a big deal I just wanted to see if you'd contradict yourself here and you didn't.

As for the squads I have no thoughts? I mean I've played in all the squads and never really had a problem even though I main in Alpha because I love the color red thats the only real reason I do alpha all the time. I don't see any particular squad being better than the other at anything since players switch so often. There are those that will go out of their way to berate other squads for RP reasons or personal reasons.
    Squads have a culture because many people who are familiar with each other gravitate towards certain squads. Alpha is full of noobs because that is the default squad while Delta is full of metabuddies and players who are really good at clicking on xeno sprites. The fact you don't really know this makes me a bit curious as to how long you've been playing this game.

Anyways, here's my opinion on you and the application: I think you're a very mature person who understands what the role entails and will most definitely not cause any problems, but I think you are somewhat ignorant of how the round flows and the fact that people operate on many different levels of RP on the server. You seem very HRP, but you're not going to get that back from 99% of players. I'd say you need to play more XO, but you don't actually get to do Captain stuff as XO anymore so I don't really know how you'll learn before you get whitelisted.

Regardless, even though it seems I'm railing on you hard I'll still +1 because I want to see your expectations dashed and see you turn into a jaded mess like we all are. Just kidding, the real reason I'm +1ing is because you're not a shithead and you seem mature enough to not go on powertrips. But I'll be surprised if you'll find this role fun.

+1
    Last edited by Imheretohelp; 02-05-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imheretohelp View Post
    I like your answers and I think you're mature enough to be captain, but I'll address each answer and give you my take on them.

The fact that you didn't default to BEing people is pretty much what I was looking for. However, the way to deal with it as efficiently as possible is to just do briefing REALLY fast, tell everyone to fuck off to Alamo and then restate your orders via an announcement. You're not going to quell round start shittery with a megaphone and summoning admins is a bothersome and time consuming endeavor.

Marines are players. Players that want to click on xeno sprites. If you are seeking to play Captain because you have ideas about engaging in tactics and strategy you are barking up the wrong tree. You wont organize anyone to do any sort of advanced movement, they need incentive. The biggest incentive is "Hey there are xeno sprites elsewhere". If you want them to break off you just have to pray that other marines see xenos elsewhere, then immediately make a big fuss about it. You state that you come from extreme milsim with high standards. You wont get much of that as Captain.

People who do this are trying to agitate you and see how far they can push your buttons. They will not respond to such HRP responses. You either have to bore them so they go away or you gotta BE them. It's fine to BE because they actually want you to kill them. However if you are lucky and an MP does handle it, it's much better.

As impossible as it is, the best thing is to ignore them and not acknowledge their existence. They will forget about the round the moment the next one starts. But, good luck not being baited into an argument.

You had to deal with this because it was me, I was the one talking in squad chat. Personally I think it was lame that you told me to shut up or be marked for insub, but alas what can a vegan lone wolf super marine Trace Taylor do against such oppression... Not a big deal I just wanted to see if you'd contradict yourself here and you didn't.

Squads have a culture because many people who are familiar with each other gravitate towards certain squads. Alpha is full of noobs because that is the default squad while Delta is full of metabuddies and players who are really good at clicking on xeno sprites. The fact you don't really know this makes me a bit curious as to how long you've been playing this game.

Anyways, here's my opinion on you and the application: I think you're a very mature person who understands what the role entails and will most definitely not cause any problems, but I think you are somewhat ignorant of how the round flows and the fact that people operate on many different levels of RP on the server. You seem very HRP, but you're not going to get that back from 99% of players. I'd say you need to play more XO, but you don't actually get to do Captain stuff as XO anymore so I don't really know how you'll learn before you get whitelisted.

Regardless, even though it seems I'm railing on you hard I'll still +1 because I want to see your expectations dashed and see you turn into a jaded mess like we all are. Just kidding, the real reason I'm +1ing is because you're not a shithead and you seem mature enough to not go on powertrips. But I'll be surprised if you'll find this role fun.

+1

IT WAS YOU! lol I personally loved the bravado and hilarity that trace added but I had to do something to keep Alpha from gooing reeee. That round ended much, much to fast and of course I didn't go against myself because to borrow a line from an edgy game from an edgy character "Lying if an offence against yourself". I love all your counterpoints and I aggree with all of them! I thank you for your confidence and I look forward to complaining about the sprite-clicking marines in the future! I hope you have a wonderful evening and thank you for taking the time to provide the counter-points, it helps tremendously.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

Excellent roleplayer and competent in command roles. His app shows he takes the position seriously and will do well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he's newer to the server, but he's picked it up. I've seen him leading rounds as XO when no CO was on
    +1

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You speak my fucking language. For once someone does, that is. Excellent app.

You may be new, but seeing as you're picking up the way of things and the good reviews, I am willing to have confidence in you using that fresh blood energy to doing a great job as a CO.

Feel free with the BE however, to deal with any immediate shittery that asks for an immediate response. And aim well too.

Solid +1

Do the CO role proud.