User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claymores

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware Claymores could be stacked? Do you mean around each other or literally in the same tile?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dbaggy View Post
    I wasn't aware Claymores could be stacked? Do you mean around each other or literally in the same tile?
    around each other on separate tiles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    The only reason to use claymores is to get a free stun and kill the xeno that gets knocked over.

Elder+ sentinels, spitters, lurkers, and all T3's + carriers (because apparently they still count as T3 for stun buffs) don't get knocked down by claymores, so claymores are 100% useless against them, but everything else can be dead real fast IF a marine is watching the claymore, or rushes over to where the explosion happened and gets there and shoots the alien to crit before the stun wears off.

In other words, claymores are useful early game and can get some nice kills on really dumb/impatient T1/T2 xenos, but are almost completely worthless mid-late game and especially against any T3's; the same as most other marine weapons/equipment.
    This is false. Age does not give any xeno explosion resistance. You've probably seen xenos disarm claymores by slashing them. It does not stun you that way, but it still does damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkermain View Post
    This is false. Age does not give any xeno explosion resistance. You've probably seen xenos disarm claymores by slashing them. It does not stun you that way, but it still does damage.
    I've personally watched elder spitters and lurkers run over claymores without being stunned. Not intentionally slashing the claymore - running over them and not being stunned like they're T3's instead of T2's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boersgard View Post
    I've personally watched elder spitters and lurkers run over claymores without being stunned. Not intentionally slashing the claymore - running over them and not being stunned like they're T3's instead of T2's.
    I've personally been an Elder Lurker and spitter running over a claymore and being stunned.