User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Help me with my setup

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Help me with my setup

    Hello I m a new recruit, been playing for a couple of months and I LOVE this game.
    Surely you have seen my character Harry the redhead drunken PFC getting blown up in the fileds of battle by friendly buckshot.

    Anyhoo i m having trouble with my current setup, I m pretty satisfied with it weapon and attachments, but REALLY unhappy with satchel and utilities. Can some grizzled veteran give me advice? Here s my current go to setup

    Main weapon (carried in hands)
    M41
    Muzzle: bayonet
    Rail: quickfire adapter
    Under: grenade launcher

    OR

    L42 with b8 when I feel like sniping from the distance (I use it to ensure kill on benos just outsider of reach from my squadmates)

    Secondary on suit slot
    M37
    Muzzle: Barrel charger
    Rail: magneti harness
    Under: angled grip

    Equip:

    Webbing: 3 M41 (or L42) ap magazine
    Armor: 3 AP magazine for primary when I manage to find em
    Backpack: 2 Flare pack, Entrenching tool to help engineers with sandcades, binoculars, a couple of non ap magazine for primary in case the fire fight run long, splints and Medical supplies if I manage to find some
    Belt: Shotgun rig filled with buckshot.

    The pouches are where I feel like I m doing something wrong
    Pouch1: Flare Pouch
    Pouch2: BASIC Medical Pouch (pills)

    With this setup I feel quite confident but many times I find myself lacking Medical supplies and I feel like the pills in the Medical Pouch are pretty much useless... Do you have some advice to up my game?

    Also in many guide I ve read about keeping Secondary rifle in Backpack slot... The question is... Where do you keep your stuff if you run around without Backpack?!?!

    Thank you in advanced for your help my brothers!!!

  2. #2
    Member Bob_Vancleave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sup dude. here to help you a bit.

    Your M41 is mostly fine, would switch out the GL for an angled grip. For the L42 you don't wanna use the B8 Smart Scope on it as it kills the DPS of it. Like the M41 you wanna use a QFA and bayo on it, and remove the stock. With the M37 don't use a BC on it, generally not worth it. Honestly find a gun that you find fun and use it. I like the M39 with reflex, agrip (no longer can use vgrip *pain), M39 stock and bayo on it. It has no wield delay (you can wield it without being slowed down), you can 1 hit weed nodes you have decent DPS and it shoots really fast

    For your equipment, use the general ammo rig belt for your M41/L42 because you're probably gonna use it more and get a brown webbing vest and put your buckshot in it. You can use backpack however you don't really need to - flares are nice but CM isn't true dark meaning you can still see things even if theres no light, it's just harder. If you wanna help build FOB you could but generally you wanna be at the front shooting xenos.

    With your armor I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that you're using medium armor. Personally I use light because having speed is really nice, especially when you're chasing. Some people like to use heavy armor because of the damage reduction but it doesn't protect limbs anymore and what happens is that you get capped by xenos easier because you're slower and you take less damage (more tolerance for slashing so you dont die after you get hugged or when you go to get hugged)

    With pouches you wanna spend your vendor points on the first response medical support kit aka he pfc medic kit. It has a pamphlet that you can use to give yourself some medical skill, basic medical supplies (burn and brute kits, health scanner and splints), and an autoinjector pouch that has kelotane, tramadol and bicaridine, having 2 injectors of each that have 3 uses per. Can be refilled by using them on WY med vendor. You also get a emergency injector which you use well in an emergency, however take caution because it has near overdose levels of kelo and bicard so if you've taken either of those you're gonna OD and take toxin damage if you OD on kilo or burn damage if you OD on bicard.

    As I touched on before, you really don't need anything as pfc other than ammo and meds, or a JTAC range finder if you wanna do CAS.

    some tips I can give you is to read the xeno part of the wiki and learn to identify xeno castes and know their abilities, learn to navigate the maps and get comfortable being near xenos. you're gonna die a lot before you get robust.
    reformed :sunglasses:

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much Bob, this will be sooo helpfull!! One questione through... Since I usually spend all my vendor points in AP ammo as I ve understood that regular ammo mostly tickles xenoes... What other source of AP ammo is there at gamestart? For example is AP ammo a legitimate request in Requisitions?

    Edit: I know that AP ammo is free in equipment room, but there s not enough for every one and mostly end up fast!!!

  4. #4
    Member Bob_Vancleave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get AP ammo from the ammo vendors in squad prep, but they go fast. Same with req actual, they have a bit more AP ammo in their vendors but it also goes fast. Req usually also sends down AP ammo to FOB periodically through the round too. Biggest tip to obtaining AP ammo is to rush it and hoard it because no one is gonna give even a drop of AP ammo to someone else
    reformed :sunglasses:

  5. #5
    Admin Manager AcuteCircle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,383
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifraggo View Post
    Thank you very much Bob, this will be sooo helpfull!! One questione through... Since I usually spend all my vendor points in AP ammo as I ve understood that regular ammo mostly tickles xenoes... What other source of AP ammo is there at gamestart? For example is AP ammo a legitimate request in Requisitions?

    Edit: I know that AP ammo is free in equipment room, but there s not enough for every one and mostly end up fast!!!
    Save magazines because then you can replace them from ap bullet storage which can sometimes be more common than box with magazines
    NOT A SENATOR - Discord Melody#5387


    Spoiler Spoiler:


    ~Staff History~
    MANAGER

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so useful. Switch ed to light armor, I ll never use medium again (also Medical kit ftw)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifraggo View Post
    Main weapon (carried in hands)
    M41
    Muzzle: bayonet
    Rail: quickfire adapter
    Under: grenade launcher

    OR

    L42 with b8 when I feel like sniping from the distance (I use it to ensure kill on benos just outsider of reach from my squadmates)

    Secondary on suit slot
    M37
    Muzzle: Barrel charger
    Rail: magneti harness
    Under: angled grip

    Equip:

    Webbing: 3 M41 (or L42) ap magazine
    Armor: 3 AP magazine for primary when I manage to find em
    Backpack: 2 Flare pack, Entrenching tool to help engineers with sandcades, binoculars, a couple of non ap magazine for primary in case the fire fight run long, splints and Medical supplies if I manage to find some
    Belt: Shotgun rig filled with buckshot.

    The pouches are where I feel like I m doing something wrong
    Pouch1: Flare Pouch
    Pouch2: BASIC Medical Pouch (pills)
    M41
    Barrel Charger (if you can get one)
    Suppressor or nothing (if you can't)
    Reflex
    Angled Grip (if you can get one)
    Laser Sight (if you can't)

    Start standing still while you shoot and you will see your damage skyrocket.

    L42
    Barrel Charger (if you can get one)
    Nothing (if you can't)
    Quickfire Adapter
    Angled Grip (if you can get one)
    Laser Sight (if you can't)

    M37
    Barrel Charger (if you can get one)
    Bayonet (if you can't)
    Magnetic Harness (if you can get one)
    Rail Light (if you can't)

    Start taking first responder kits from your vendor and going to get what you want otherwise from Requisitions. Use the pamphlet, put on the eyepiece, and either use both pouches, or just the autoinjector pouch. Do not EVER treat other marines if you only take the autos. You WILL OD and kill people if you don't have a scanner.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifraggo View Post
    This is so useful. Switch ed to light armor, I ll never use medium again (also Medical kit ftw)
    You'll loop back around when you get tired of xenos snapping every bone in your body after the first slash.

  9. #9
    Member Bob_Vancleave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OolongCow View Post
    M41
    Barrel Charger (if you can get one)
    Suppressor or nothing (if you can't)
    Reflex
    Angled Grip (if you can get one)
    Laser Sight (if you can't)

    Start standing still while you shoot and you will see your damage skyrocket.

    L42
    Barrel Charger (if you can get one)
    Nothing (if you can't)
    Quickfire Adapter
    Angled Grip (if you can get one)
    Laser Sight (if you can't)

    M37
    Barrel Charger (if you can get one)
    Bayonet (if you can't)
    Magnetic Harness (if you can get one)
    Rail Light (if you can't)

    Start taking first responder kits from your vendor and going to get what you want otherwise from Requisitions. Use the pamphlet, put on the eyepiece, and either use both pouches, or just the autoinjector pouch. Do not EVER treat other marines if you only take the autos. You WILL OD and kill people if you don't have a scanner.
    dont listen to this dude, to begin with im fairly certain he's a xeno main and he has no idea what hes talking about
    if you're gonna put BC on the M41 use a reflex and BFA on it too.
    BC and Agrip on the L42 don't fit on the L42
    using BC on the M37 is a waste and is much better on the aforementioned M41
    reformed :sunglasses:

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IDK why anyone would ever use the suppressor on anything outside of trying to kill Humans quietly / weird scout antics. Xeno sight and HP is so high that you're not going to kill almost anything fast enough before it can call for help so a suppressor never helps. That being said, if you're not running BC, you should almost always have a bayonet fixed to your gun. 25 stab damage and the ability to actually cut weeds without grabbing your melee. The only real exception is EB /can/ be useful on a S8 x4 scope weapon.

    But my advice is to keep trying out new weapons. I for one have a huge fondness for the M2C, it just feels so chunky and right. Also scares xenos / screws them up if they dare man fight you. Though I always run heavy armor with M2C because I expect to manfight a slashing RAV or something going for my gun. Acid will really hurt you though.

    M2C loadout

    M10 technician helmet (Comes with the M2C)
    Mini-medic sensor hud
    Heavy armor
    No backpack, M2C goes here
    M2C ammo belt (get an extra C4 if you use C4 often, as it can fit in here. So can the HIGH CAPACITY WELDER)
    Suit - Motion detector (Helps with situational awareness.)
    Pouches - I usually get the mini-medic kit if PFC, otherwise w/e you want. You can even use the tool pouch that comes with the M2C if you must. Otherwise an explosives pouch for grenades to toss is NEVER, EVER, a bad idea if you're not shit with nades.

    If you don't want to keep the tool pouch, my advice is to get a webbing vest, shove the extra tools in there (and extinguisher, along with a stretcher or two, or nades. w/e works.)

    So with this you hilariously become a mini-SL because you have engineering and medical training. You can also switch heavy for Light armor. But you don't really need the speed. You sit your fat ass down and say "Fuck you xenos, this is my kill zone." I try to be infront of a SG with it, because you can instantly deploy the weapon, if you play smart you can also dodge and weave attacks on your character by getting off the gun, and getting back on it.

    That being said, good luck testing out loadouts and having fun.





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •