User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me with my setup

Whitelisted Captain Glass Bottle Coke's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you have a problem with runners, and don't mind giving up a suit slot, belt slot, pocket or webbing (you decide what's more important) I HIGHLY recommend getting a M4A3 pistol (custom if you can), slapping a red dot and laser on it and loading it with hollowpoint from the special ammo vendors in prep. It has no AP at all but each bullet does 60 damage to xeno castes without armor, and you get 8 shots you can basically fire as fast as you can click. in my experience you'll crit a runner in 3-4 hits, and scare it off in 2. Very handy if you have the space for it, also recommend taking a throwing knife in your mouth slot because that does 100 damage before armor and is reuseable. basically a free backup if you run out of ammo or a good way to guarantee a cheeky hit if you're running away from a xeno since throws are guaranteed to hit the tile you're aiming at (assuming its in range, throwing knives can go to screen edge though). Just don't hit friendlies, you'll break their bones in 2 hits from full health and kill them in 3.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IDK much about shit but.
    don't use suppressor unless you're a scout spec or intend to fight humans.
    It has no good upside for fighting Xeno unless you can cloak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duh, just load your m37 with red bullets and click runners when they're adjacent to you. Another problem solved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm old fashioned. I just take/ask req for a box of claymores, hide 2 close to each other under stuff. Facing north, lit flare, empty SG drum, backpacks. Facing sides, wood plank. Hide them under stuff. Wait for runner to come, when it blows up, takes almost no shots to crit it if he survives the explosion even.

Bonus point if you can get OT claymores, as they can't be walked behind, they damage 360 degrees or better OT C4s with proxy sensors, aka a big claymore that can't be melted, dodged or set up by anything and run. I mean sure, they can, but if you manage to find a way to hide it, or place it in a way so xenos are distracted and eat it, that thing can shred anything really fast...

...or strap it to a medical bed and run into xenos...or strap it to a chair and fire extinguisher launch yourself to a xeno and blow all up to valhalla. I'm not your mother, do what you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lately I was thinking about slugs on a shotty with extended Barrel + wooden stock... Am I crazy? Shouldn t "fix" the short range and high spread of buckshot?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifraggo View Post
    Lately I was thinking about slugs on a shotty with extended Barrel + wooden stock... Am I crazy? Shouldn t "fix" the short range and high spread of buckshot?
    Used to run with MOU shotty, 2x scope, V grip, slugs.

Was slugging xenos off-screen. Was sweet. Not sure if you can still do it as MOU have been nerfed...again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Vancleave View Post
    to begin with im fairly certain he's a xeno main
    Those are fighting words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifraggo View Post
    no lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah tested it at shooting range literally changes nothig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OolongCow View Post
    You'll loop back around when you get tired of xenos snapping every bone in your body after the first slash.
    cant slash what you cant catch