Date of Incident
    March 30, 2021

Your Character Name?
    DMT

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Not known.

Accused Character Name
    Kellen Digson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    March 30th, 09:50 CT

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 6. No metacommunication

Description of the incident:
    I boarded a DS as a lurker, together with some other xenos. The DS was recalled, we killed the marines onboard and I escaped the ambush when it landed. I made some some attacks when onboard the Almayer, so they knew about my presence. I however didn't take my time running around and crawled into a vent to wait for the hive to come.

I crawled through vents to just port of briefing and decided to stay there for the intel. I made sure that no one saw me getting into the vent and that no one heard me (in terms of flavor text) as I was making my way to near briefing (no one else was on screen). I didn't move since, after I stopped in my desired spot.

Minimized the game, then couple of minutes after, I heard the "getting out of the vent" sound effect and PB followed moments later - which got me. Maximized the game and saw two marines standing beside me, two unwrenched pipes (one pipe just one tile away from me, and another pipe was the one I was in), and some ghosts standing around. I didn't move my ghost and took the screenshot seconds later.I looked around and there were no other vents unscrewed.

Why I think that this was a metacomms incident:

Well, it's quite obvious, isn't it? What are the chances that someone (I guess Kellen was accompanied by that other marine?) would go to unscrew vents, get the vent next to me, and then the one that I was in, without unscrewing any other vents? What are the chances that the same marine would be ready to PB me while unscrewing these vets? Also, Kellen has made it all the more obvious with his comments.

"Huh" "I got lucky??"

Yeah, I don't think so.

So this is as good of a report of metacomms that you will get without catching it directly. And what are the chances of someone reporting it directly? Practically non existent imo. So if I'd say, if you want to crack down on metacomms, act on reports such as this one. Otherwise, it will continue to thrive.

One more detail, this is my second metacomms report in a short succession. Another instance of (very likely) metacomms happened just a few days ago. My previous report was denied without a sensible explanation. So it would be nice to get it re reviewed, if at all possible. However, I consider this case to be even more obvious.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    Well, again, it's a permaban for metacomms, right? And it should be, as it's one of the worst possible ingame violations, and CM is evidently suffering from it.

Should the fact that the evidence is indirect be considered? It depends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one more detail. The same person wrote this in a dchat, in a round I've played just now.

https://ibb.co/7X3wxrD

I don't think I've interacted with them in this round, and what they said didn't even make sense - it was quite out of context. So, evidently, they have a lot of salt towards me, for whatever reason. To me, it's another confirmation, albeit indirect, that this indeed is a metacomms case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't edit post, so making a reply. Direct link to the image:

https://i.ibb.co/mGnLrhK/02.png

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had moderators dig the logs and I've reviewed them thoroughly. Without concrete evidence of metacommunication their is nothing that can be done. Resolved.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present