User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trevintor - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    good-great but are there any more examples you can give?
    the answers although it is correct it just feel like something everyone would write. while it shows they all know about that specific thing it doesn't give insight into how you'd deal with other situations.
    I don't really have situations thought of since these seem to be unique in every round however if you would like to give me examples I will be more than happy to answer on how I would handle it.
    Last edited by Trevintor; 04-04-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oof. Right. Ok.

I was holding off for a bit but I suppose I should give my own take now, rather than never.

I will preface this by saying that I absolutely think you have the mechanical and gameplay know-how to be a CO. You know how all of CiC works and how Jtac and such works. Those things don't seem to be a hurdle to you, and your playtime as XO is high too, so that's good.

Now, as for the negatives:

I think your ML answer is... lackluster, or at the very least a little worrisome. Yes, you ARE allowed to have the ML and SOP wikipages open while you play to correlate current dealings with it, but it shouldn't really be your *only* indicator for real dealings. Things are rarely as clear cut as the wiki presents, and your answer makes me think you are still very insecure about dealing with Marine Law, and punishing players for violating it. A CO is not a CMP++, and does NOT deal with ML in a majority of cases, but people WILL inevitably be screaming for you to pardon them, and you'll need to be able to understand what people are charged with, and how to process information like that. Purely from your answer given here, I do not currently think you would be up to doing so.

This leads me to the next thing: Your Pardons. While overall fine, your answers worry me partially for two reasons. The first is your apparent insecurity, as mentioned above, where you are insecure about whether or not to pardon a man. The rule of thumb is that, if you are unsure if you can trust someone to NOT fuck up a second time, then you simply dont pardon them. It's as simple as that. Pardons are a privilege granted by the CO to the convict, not a right. The second issue is with pardoning certain roles and jobs. Now, some people will inevitably bark at me for this, but personally: Don't make exceptions for Specs, SLs or otherwise. Pardoning people like them is why they're always the type of people to stir up bullshit and trouble to begin with; because they think they can just get an easy pardon and be there for first drop anyway. This is not necessarily a violation of pardoning procedure (it's not at all) but I highly discourage you, and indeed anyone, from pardoning people purely because 'their role is vital', like a Spec. We should not be encouraging destructive behaviour as the CO Whitelist, nor should we allow it as a Commanding Officer in-game ICly.

Third: The BE answers. You've probably heard others tell you this, but two of your BE answers are... odd. One is basically dealing with a hostile faction that blew up Comms planetside. Why you would EVER decide to deploy alongside an Honour guard then, to 'BE' them, is beyond me. Chances are it's an event, and you're clear to order Marines to simply hunt and shoot them, or detain them. It's in the CO Guidelines to not put yourself in unnecessary danger whilst deploying, and to charge enemies. By deploying to hunt down hostile humans, you do exactly that, just to claim an 'epic BE' or whatever. Don't.
    The second one that bothered me is the situation regarding mutiny. If the Mutiny has yet to start, and this supposed ringleader is endangering the life of an SO, then yes, a BE may be used. However, since you are shipside, you should at least make an effort to call MPs to try and arrest the man. If that is done, do NOT BE them. If MPs are present, and the man is cuffed, you are no longer authorized to BE. They must be processed and, if anything, scheduled for execution as according to procedure.
    If a Mutiny HAS started and is already underway, then it's actually considered in very bad taste to permakill anyone during a mutiny. This is why the CO doesn't get decapitated or gibbed everytime they die to a mutiny. Instead, they're revived, cuffed, and brigged. You can shoot them (dont, unless you want the mutiny to instantly turn violent), but refrain from a BE if at all possible.

Lastly, I would also like to mention what I've personally seen of you in-game:

As previously mentioned, you make a competent impression on me, and know your way around CiC. However, you are often sluggish when it comes to communicating with others, and indeed the entire Marine force. I recently saw you spend an entire OP with barely any communication at all. I also saw you fail to communicate major events. In one round, I saw you announce that 'the next announce will be for an OB'. Then, 20 minutes later, you fire an OB, while failing to announce it in any way. I also remember being your CO one time, while you were on OW duty as XO, and you didn't respond to my order to dial and fire an OB ASAP. I pointed, I screamed and shouted your name, but you seemed very confused.

A CO has to be able to communicate properly and continuously if they are in Active Command of the Operation, same as the XO if they are. Lack of Communication from Command robs Marines of the global presence and eyes that Overwatch provides, meaning Squads wont know when they might get cut off, if the Queen is on the front, or where the front even is.

We all might have a bad day or round, we all are sometimes sleepy and exhausted and fail to answer comms regularly. However, this seems to be a very defining issue that drags itself through most if not all your rounds as XO. If you'd asked me on Discord, I'd honestly have simply asked you to wait like a week or so to improve your communication skills, but as it stands, from what I'm seeing currently...

I'm gonna have to -1 this. For now, anyway.

Sorry, I really do think you're competent, and I do appreciate all your will to want to improve and asking for feedback! But, willingness to improve only goes so far, because currently you're just not quite there yet, and I can't give you a +1 at this time. Work a bit on your confidence with ML, and try to actively communicate more.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Whitelisted Captain AdmiralGreene's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Roman. This will mostly be me reiterating what I've told you earlier.

I echo Misti's sentiments regarding your answers towards pardons and BEs, which is something that will come with better understanding of dynamics in command and how MPs operate and why.

My sentiment is that you have a good foundation here, a good head on your shoulders, but you just need more time in the XO chair to more fully grasp the intricacies of this level of command. So for now, it's a -1. But please reapply down the line, and I'm sure it'll be an easy process then.
    Trianna Jeseowitz, Captain of the USS Francis Velten, 2nd Divison, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet
    Proud Dove

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tater's Feedback

Heya, I was wanting to leave my feedback on your app before it goes either way. I believe Addy had mentioned this to you, so it shouldn't be too unexpected!

This has been something on my mind for a bit now, and I've tried my best to ask around about you and watch you myself, which I haven't been able to do all too much because of your late playing time for me.

I've gone over this with both my CO, and mentor peers. And joining both what I've heard and what I've experienced I would like to leave my honest feedback now. Lets begin.

Prelude:

Now, lets go over the app first. I don't know if there's much to say that wouldn't be echoing mistis answer, but id like to give my own take on it, even if being repetitive. Now im aware that the version im seeing was created with HEAVY assistance and pointers from other COs, and i can appreciate that you accepted their feedback and changed stuff around.

However, you posted the application immediately after you received the feedback and edits. meaning you had little time to sit on the feedback, and instead took their suggestions as just fixes to your app. Which i mean, I'm fine with but id rather you have sit on it for a bit. A lot of your original answers showed you lacked knowledge in a few bit of areas, and you also netted SEA into your command experiences. i may be overthinking it but that struck me as a bit off. As well as your original CMO answer, i don't know if the SEA thing was just a miscom or whatnot but it still shook me. And ya kinda tried to with what you though a CMO was on your answer, instead of actually knowing. And you admitted this in your final edit, which is commendable. you took all the feedback and edits very well, which is great to see!

Basic questions and story:

Lets get onto the actual final answers though. Misti left their own input for this, and im mostly gonna echo it but i would like to leave it in my own words as well. And bare with me here, these first ones are not really able to be picked at due to them being personal answers, lets start with the first part:

Starting at number one,
    the answer is what ya would expect to hear. Its an question that you have to answer in your own words, however it somehow feels pretty much just like a description with a tiny bit of experince mixed in. I dont feel like i should nitpick this one too much so I wont.

Number 2,
    Yet another thing you have to answer in your own words, and is quite flexible. its an okay answer overall, i got my start as an XO commanding lowpop games alone. I rarely had anyone with me, and could manage CIC on my own, which is quite important. you will find that a large portion of XO players arernt always that competant, or straightup grief. you will need to feel comfortable running CIC on your own, and taking command yourself. If you do not have a XO your a confident in, then its best to stay in CIC instead of dealing with other issues or manning req, thats where delegation becomes important. from what ive seen even when you have people to delegate and or assistance from SOs, you often do stuff on your own anyways, even when commanding the op. More on that in the next section though. But yeah, another freeform answer i dont think i can nit-pick.

Story time...
    Its brief but i can see most of it clearly, honestly i wish it was a little bit more fleshed out. And ill be honest, its a bit confusing towards the end, but that might be on my part. Do remember though and dont worry too much, the story isent as big of a deal as it is on a synth or pred app. So overall its pretty okay albeit a bit short, and as i said before the endings confusing. Overall not bad!

Experience:

Number 3?,
    I cant really object to your experience, as in its a hard question to critique. However im not here to object to experience, but i can leave my feedback. The only thing i would say is, include SL. I know SL isent that big of a contribute to big picture CIC command, but its an important command position non the less. Its roped into the overall command experience, and plays an important part in your overall experience/knowledge. Dosent mean you have to main it, but including your SL command experience is a good idea.

Number 4,
    These are answers i can actually pick at:

CE: first up, the CE is third in the COC, not third in command, which ya mentioned later but theres a strong difference for the wording. But something you do bring up is the CEs overall authority. The CE, unless aCO, has zero authority over normal marines, although full authority over his/her department. The same applys to the other department heads and commissioned officers. But overall okay answer!

RO: Yeah honestly i never played RO either, still havent to this day. however i did the same work as a XO constantly, so not really a prob with that. Once again your wording is a little confusing, and makes it sound like the RO has authority over normal marines the same way a XO does. i think its the wording that screw that one up yet again, the rest of the answer makes it seem like you arent overly familiar with some aspects. For future reference though, Pads A-D have to be sent via their respective overwatch consoles to provided coords. An SL, an RTO, and literally anyone else can provide coords provided they have a voice to send it with an a pair of binos. the "FOB" pad is not just for the FOB, E pad can be dialed by reqs crew themselves and has the same cooldown as the other 4 pads. It can be dialed to anywhere given you have coords. but for the most part okay answer..

CMP: I dont think theres anything i can add onto this, a bit of its confusing?

unable to ignore the marine law the Chief MP can and will call out an XO/CO for an illegal action the law is there for a reason and they are there to enforce it. They also control a small presence upon the ship being warden and the Military police core assigned to the ship. I know that this role takes great attention to the marine law and has no choice but to follow it with no exceptions to anything other than CO’s Pardons and Appeals although those are not even above the law but in very rare cases there will be something that you will be forced to deny.
    Something about the wording on that bit shakes me a bit, Pardons and appeals are Judicial. Pardons are provisions granted to the CO under marine law, appeals are standard ML fair and are to handled the same by a CO as any other MP/commisioned officer. There isent a time were you can deny a crime other than an ileagle order, even minor crimes have to be handled with an NJP if ignored. And remember, you cannot do anything against the CO unless you faxed first which ya mentioned, however the XO can be arrested with a fax after.

CMO: your original answer to this showed you were unaware of what a CMO was, and its commendable that you were honest about it in here. While being the lead of both research and medical, the CMO is expected to know almost everything about the medical department. Everythin else ya said was good, CMOs have no authority over medics though, only doctors. but yeah can relay them info sure. the CMO also has a special ML provision, for insanity. The CMO also falls ultimately under your command as CO, and can answer for ML punishments the same way a CL has to.

Number 5, Marine law and SOP:

So, im pretty much gonna echo misti here.

I am familiar but I won’t lie to you and say that I don’t keep the tab up whenever I play just too double-check my answers and decisions on things while playing XO I do not want to be wrong and I don’t want anyone to tell me I am wrong so to be safe I will keep both tabs open whenever I play because I do not like to be caught off guard.
    I know ive seen you around as CMP occasionally, but this answer bugs me. While its all fine and good to have a tab open and stuff to check out things regarding ML/SOP (i do the same for random obscure junk sometimes), experience is pretty nice too. Im not saying you have to play MP, but thats not the problem with the answer. This makes me feel like you would be unable to handle the pressure of ML situations and or SOP violation stuff. And or be affected by being told your wrong, overall it makes me feel like your not in a position to be quite ready and comfortable to deal with these things.

Scenarios, probalby one of the most important parts of this app:

Number 5, BEs:

Personally I believe that BE’s should be in best judgment of the CO and should not be held as a last option but more so as the best choice, there are plenty of meme players and first timers who are doing something just to test the waters I understand that the best case scenario would be to report them but as a player who has been memed on sometimes you have to outright BE them before the operation becomes a complete failure - OF COURSE this is in standard to the ML as long as crimes are being committed in your presences. BE are a strenuous thing and that is why only a WL CO can do such with that I know that there is alot of responsibility to holding that power and I will not abuse such a thing.
    You are free to BE anyone who is actively disrupting the operation, its almost straight up extra-judicial. You are not limited within the confines of executable crimes to BE someone. Generally its better to get MPs to handle things if you have the time. However there are certain restrictions on BEs that you dident mention, for example you cannot BE someone in custody. And you have to announce a BE after you have done it, along with their full name, and a reason. Theres some other stuff regarding BEs that wasent in here either, but i think the examples will explain your knowledge more.

Example 1:
    Situation one - A mutiny was talked about and the mps caught whiff of it earlier. This same MPalso brought significant evidence such as voice recording of the suspect speaking to others about rising up against the ship's command that they will use lethal force to do so. Now that alone does not warrant Execution
    Oh but it does, if a mutiny was talked about and you have credible evidence or suspicion you can perform a execution. I havent had to do one myself but ive seen it happen, and i know its a perfectly logical and or valid BE. Any credible threat to your command, and or an ileagle attempt to disrupt operations or remove you is valid for a BE. The rest of the answer makes it sound like you need to be literally on deaths door and or the ships gonna explode before you would feel okay with BEing someone. And since the MPs are already there pointing out the problem to you, you can probalby handle it with MPs first anyways.

Unlike Mistis answer, im gonna go ahead and say that it is your right to BE/deny treatment to any mutiny leaders. Its written, although a good brigging might prove to be the better choice. if its possible everyone should come out either alive and free on one side, or brigged. The same applys to you during a mutiny, when deposed your are to be held in brig until further notice.

Example 2:

I gotta admit, this is a confusing one. Im not sure i would deploy to handle this unless it was at the FOB or close to it. This is a griefing situation, after probalbing ahelping it your best bet would be to call the MPs, they can handle it fairly easy. if its dire then MAYBE you can handle it, but this isent the problem with the answer.

this was clear neglect of marine law regarding alcohol during duty hours and contraband distribution within an operation much like how the CL would get in trouble for giving marines drugs before they deployed. Now the execution comes in once the CO has landed and confronted the suspect instead of owning up to it and surrendering the marine continued to run and attempted to Intoxicate yet another fallen marine while completely undermined command within a combat zone which at this point the co would have no choice but to perform a battlefield execution.
    That makes it sound like your going to BE them for breaking a minor intox and maybe a major contraband charge. The charges dont matter, its what they are really doing thats the problem. As i mentioned before you should probalby handle this with MPs before yourself, they are perfectly allowed to handle situations like this provided they fall within their AO guidelines. Other than that its fine, if you are left with no choice but to deploy and handle it yourself then it should be fine, but try and keep deployments for BEs and or issues like that limited to the FOB, And always try MPs first.

Example 3:

What, even happend here. it sounds like an event, and in the event something like this does happen. You shouldent deploy with an honor guard to shoot some people that are causing a problem, at this rate they are a hostile party and are to be treated the same as CLF/UPP, its not a proper mutiny. It would not be a BE, it would be a killing. if a giant group of people split off to do their own thing and declare war against you then yeah they are a hostile party/event. BEs are meant for people under your command, not hostile humans. If it wasent an announced event, i would probalby treat them the same way as before, a hostile entity, its not a proper mutiny and i have no way of knowing ICly or OOCLy what they heck they are up to. but ahelp before and or after as well. But yeah, what misti said, just dont heckin do it in this case. its not a situation to be handled personally with a BE.

Number 6, pardons:

If the situation requires a individual who has committed manslaughter on a complete accident I will consider a pardon for them. (However I would probably send a fax to HC about it)
    Ouch, you shouldent be uncertain about a pardon for manslaughter. You are supposed to be knowledgeable and or confident on what you can and cannot pardon, and therefore there is no reason to send a fax to HC about it. The only time you need and should need to fax HC about is a pardon for capital crimes.

Fighting within the rec line is now sometimes seen as Assault even if it’s as simple as shoving and pushing and knocking them down. Can sometimes inspire the rage of the all powerful MPS in which you will pay the price of doing time, however in a special situation when I know that certain role is going to be needed I will take it upon myself to pardon said marine so the operation will be successful.
    If people are gonna actively screw with people in the req line, chances are they are gonna screw you over. People like that tend to be repeat offenders, and that can get you brigged easily. There are not really any roles that would majorly influence the round if brigged for 15 minutes at op start, chances are they will be on the second, or even first drop. But it would prob be fine if you really wanted to risk it.

The third example your provided could have been handled with an appeal rather than a pardon, as a simple, unintentional trespass could have probably been appealed without the need of a pardon. Pardons are meant for guilty people, not mistook arrests on non guilty people. and it depends on the tresspassing context as well, which you would have to determine for yourself during the appeal.

Im just gonna summ up the "crimes i would not pardon" part. I think they are fine for the most part!

And same concerns that misti mentioned, which i think i mentioned previously in here too.

Conclusions/personal experience:

Ah boy, here we go.

Overall, ill be honest. the App is pretty much fine! theres a few things I pointed out, and a few things lacking that kinda hurt it. I feel like your story could use a touchup as well as maybe your BE and pardon answers. Your english and stuff in some areas is a bit concerning but that just needs like a once over or something so not a big deal.

However the stuff you have written sadly dosent reflect what ive personally seen. I've only had a few, rare occasions were I have gotten to accurately watch you command. Comparing that with the feedback and or talking from others I can give you some input.

The one round i accurately managed to watch you was a round last night, the one were hydro got absolutely nuked. Sadly i had missed briefing so i cannot give an accurate input on that, but i pray it wasent something similar to what cheng posted earlier on the app. While business and wanting to rush things can make briefing seem trivial, its not. you have to put in a bare effort for every brief, the best you can at the time. I cannot accurately speak on that since i still havent seen one in person, however what i did see was your command in CIC. Over the round you were generally, not communicative at all. I noticed maybe one or two times were you told marines to not attack preds, as well as speaking only and directly to the synth. There was little to no direct squad communications outside announcements, or other communication for that matter. This seems to be a recurring problem as mentioned by some of my peers, communication is the number one part of being a good CO and a XO. But enough of that, your announcments were another matter. Most were fairly on time, but the content of the announcements is what bothered me. There was often a lack of information, a statement about something not happending, or they were straightup confusing. The english on them made it fairly hard to understand, and a few were just contradictory. Marines genuinely seemed confused by them from what I saw.

Another example, during the hydro OB incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFciIc7iL_Y

A little bit before the SO announced over comms he OBed hydro, he was screaming in CIC. You were typing an announce about wanting to get an OB ready, meanwhile the SO was screaming his lungs out that he accidently OBed hydro. which you dident mention to anyone until after it hit, or include it in the announce you put out during it, and then mentioned an SL did it (prob a typo).

Also, during the same round while you were in command. You left CIC without mostly a word to go load the OB leaving the SO in there. You dident mention it over engi comms at all or to anyone capable of loading the OB, when you got there, you started loading the OB, with an MT right there. the MT said something along the lines of "thank you for doing my job i guess" and left. Sadly you had full capability to delegate instead of leaving CIC, but you decided to load it without even asking, luckily the SO hopped on the announcements after you left.

Leaving CIC is usually a sucky idea when in command with no one to really fill in, every time i left the OP went to hell.

Im sorry for maybe coming off as a little harsh on some things, but ive got to be honest. And i was hoping you would maybe app a little later than now, i wasent expecting you to post the app right after it got looked over once. your timing for other COs to watch is a little awkward and really dosent help with your visibiltiy, but i wouldent worry about that too much. From what ive heard from others and what ive seen myself, i sadly dont think your quite ready to fill the role of the CO.

Right now, at the time of this app its gonna have to be a -1 from me.

However! i feel like this was just a bit too soon, and if you work on all the stuff I and others have mentioned and re-applyed sometime in the future, i would be happy to give you a positive vote. Especially regarding your response to Addy, you genuinely seem like you know what you need to work on and are open for critique, which is excellent! ill be keepin an eye on ya, best of luck!
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/QFciIc7iL_Y?t=14

I understand and appreciate the feedback will defenitely work on everything.

But I do have to make a case point here, this video as you said I was trying to send an announcement - and stopped halfway when I heard him say that he OBED hydro however I already pressed enter and kinda just spazzed my hand on the enter key freaking out yes I know its a very noob moment of me but I didn't know what to do - however if you look at 14-secs there I did go into COMMAND chat and warned, however, it was more than just a little to late, at the same time knowing that everyone was dead - I spent some time asking admins what I could do to said SO for this ob that was not called for nor even given cords to, I wanted them to know that it was a little weird that we already had fob - and hydro cords yet some how it got enter as a ob WHEN no.. one gave out hydro cords for a while... In my defense I did think this was a general grief issue seeing that I never seen the SO before. Another thing is that without a command tablet I cannot send constant announcements I am not sure what the timer is on it but it seems to be 10-15 seconds and at that point there was nothing more I could do but find out from admin if this was grief or not- also I wanted to see if my next actions were reasonable thankfully he killed himself on it.
    Last edited by Trevintor; 04-06-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevintor View Post
    https://youtu.be/QFciIc7iL_Y?t=14

I understand and appreciate the feedback will differently work on everything.

But I do have to make a case point here, this video as you said I was trying to send an announcement - and stopped halfway when I heard him say that he OBED hydro however I already pressed enter and kinda just spazzed my hand on the enter key freaking out yes I know its a very noob moment of me but I didn't know what to do - however if you look at 14-secs there I did go into COMMAND chat and warned, however, it was more than just a little to late, at the same time knowing that everyone was dead - I spent some time asking admins what I could do to said SO for this ob that was not called for nor even given cords to, I wanted them to know that it was a little weird that we already had fob - and hydro cords yet some how it got enter as a ob WHEN no.. one gave out hydro cords for a while... In my defense I did think this was a general grief issue seeing that I never seen the SO before. Another thing is that without a command tablet I cannot send constant announcements I am not sure what the timer is on it but it seems to be 10-15 seconds and at that point there was nothing more I could do but find out from admin if this was grief or not- also I wanted to see if my next actions were reasonable thankfully he killed himself on it.
    oh great! here i have some more tips and feedback for ya, dont worry this wasent your fault at all, the SO screwed up. it was just the announce thing i was worried about. Which is all part of the learning and experience process.

Heres some things, and your a new XO player so you missed the time where the tablet was easiler accessable. in the COs office in the bathroom the command tablet is there, you can use it alongside the CIC bubble announces,just use it in your hand and you will have an announce function as well as a few others. although you will have to authorize someone to break in or break in yourself for it. which is perfectly legal, and you should try every op start to get it

And to deal with issues like that next time, and if its a genuine accident. A manslaughter and neglect of duty charge are suitable for the offendant. if its an accident of course, which in this case i think it might have been.
    Last edited by taterthetank; 04-06-2021 at 07:55 AM. Reason: small addition
    Whitelisted CO and Legacy Mentor Gang Member

Norman the synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1 you need more time and general experience. I don't even know if CO players give a shit about SL playtime, as it isnt on the application anymore asking you for hours on it, but I'd suggest you play more SL. As SL is basically what Overwatching is, but instead of telling someone to do something. You talk on command comms to organise things on the ground yourself as an SL to do it yourself. You will understand scenarios and when it's good to retreat or not, and get used to talking mid combat, which will help with your ability to talk in CiC and remembering ya gotta tell people what you're doin. Cause XO going radio silent is really bad for morale and operation success. I think you're on the right track tho, and in a few months you'll likely get CO. But I don't think you're ready on the gameplay terms, and the ML and SOP stuff has been talked about and that stuff isn't my forte anyway.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will echo a - 1 one here too.

Play more sl. Establish a name and reputation for yourself you still seem kinda inexperienced and that's what is driving my judgment here.

Before you can be a great leader you need to know how to follow and how to improvise and as you get that I suspect you'll get a lot more support on your second application.

Whitelisted Captain TyroneDadWhisperer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While its great that you're showing interest in applying for CO, I need to agree with the criticism from the past replies

Work on your communication/SL experience, while I understand the role may not be some peoples cup of tea, it does great to work up a rep and shows yourself as someone whose knowledgeable and can be trusted, the feedback here is from good members of the community and I'm sure that if you reapply in a month or so, you'll have the experience and knowledge to be a great Captain.

But for now it's a -1 from me.
    Synthetic Unit Adrian

Former CO Councillor 21/03/21 - 7/11/21

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will not echo, you got a great amount of feedback here, I am sure you can get the whitelist if you take all of it in mind for the next time you apply,