User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineer Techweb Upgrade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engineer Techweb Upgrade

Alright fellas lets get real here. The Engineer Techweb is underwhelming and needs a bit of a buff so it's not completely ignored like how it is usually. As an engineer main it hurts to go look at techwebs and see all T1 tech bought except for the engineer techweb. Without a doubt, it's not worth the 15 point investment because you get 1 sentry which once it's down, you're never gonna see it again. And that's it, one sentry. For the same 15 points you can get the medic upgrade which gives advanced burn/brute kits, super splints and a giga defibrillator. It would be very nice if it got a few things alongside the sentry. Here are some ideas:

Nanite Paste: Use on walls/cades/doors or structural things in general to give them more durability/passive health regen. When structure has acid on it, the acid negates the nanite health regen so it can be more easily destroyed.

Electron Beam Welder Tool: Essentially a better welder, don't need eye protection, welds faster and doesn't need fuel.

CMC (compact mobile cade) barriers: Similar to folding cades but are smaller, (can put them in like stacks of 5 in your welder pack, large item) have a faster deploy/pickup time and are a bit stronger. Helpful to secure a breach or secure a foothold at the front.

Sentinel Warning System (no relation to the xeno): A few warning systems that you can put on objects that when something without IFF walk by, sounds an audible alarm as well as sends the name of the warning system (SWS Delta 1 SWS Delta 2 whatever) as well as the coordinates, and map area that it's located in to the engineering/squad channel.

I don't think that you should get all of them, instead you get to choose 3. These are just some ideas to help incentivize getting the engineer upgrade. Feedback on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Straight faxs
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you code it.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one choice from the 3 following: enlarged construction pouch that can hold filled sandbags, electronic pouch that can hold 10 power cells and 10 of each circuit board, hud that can see the durability of cades and deployables and displays them in exactl numbers, maybe also mines if it doesn't break hvh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big problem with the engie upgrade is IMO you only get 1 thing, which is an upgraded special. Which while nice, does not compete with an improved defib (even if it was just this by itself, the defib is infinitely more valuable then a engi tech upgrade.) along with a stack of improved trauma, burn, and nano splints. It literally lets medics heal up people faster and get them better suited for the fight without having to tell them to go back up. Meanwhile engi tech can easily be destroyed with a momentary lapse of judgement / hope you bought the correct engi special expecting an upgrade.

TLR Medi tech is universally useful. Engi tech is while not bad, gives you way less.

And that's not even comparing it to the RAW HP and lives saved through armor plates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it would be an item upgrade, my idea is no good here.

But I would like to see a half-HP cade that can not be jumped over by a runner, but does no damage when slashed. My idea is to make a cheap blockade where marines can fight for a few minutes, but as soon as it's overrun, xenos can destroy it really fast. It should be very very cheap and really fast to make.

Think of an upgraded handrail that takes 1 second to make, but can withstand 10 slashes.

And I'm not talking about an item like the foldable barricade. That thing is useless. I want a stack of metal, from what I can carry 15+ easily and I want to be able to build them. Folding cade sounds goon on paper, utter useless in real game.

Also since we are stealing ideas from TGMC like the turret that shouts out the location and type of xeno...we might as well steal their metal-obtruction idea. The one that razorburn nades put out. Think of an actual barbed wire placed on the floor that you can walk though but it damages you, like a barbed cade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engineering CZSP needs Nailguns that can be acquired only by Squad Engineers.
    Every engineer gets a Nailgun and 2 mags of plasteel nails.
    This will let engineers to mend cades in no time and it will make Engi CZSP compatible with Medic CZSP.

Its this simple simple fellas. No need to waste your energy thinking about how to improve Engi CZSP. I did it for you. No need to thank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a dumb idea (as in not going to be used as there are few cases where it will be used)
    but some kind of Paste to fix FUCKED cades aka damaged be on repair

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loltho1771 View Post
    a dumb idea (as in not going to be used as there are few cases where it will be used)
    but some kind of Paste to fix FUCKED cades aka damaged be on repair
    you can do that with nailguns. Hold the material the cade is made out of in one hand, and click on it with the nailgun
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea