User Tag List

Thread: Just signed up, dl'd the client, can't connect!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just signed up, dl'd the client, can't connect!

My brother has been helping me out and he says it's because I have an active VPN. My roommate set up a VPN for the entire household and I don't want to just shut the household VPN down just to play a game. I'd really like to play this, my brother has told me some wild stories. Can anyone help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Byond account name is StormCrowOlorin btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The server locks out VPN usage to prevent exploits such as ban evasion and multikeying (which is connecting with a different account in order to play in the same round as a new character after the previous one is killed). it's kind of a stretch, but maybe you can convince your roommate to have the VPN per-device instead of on the router if it's viable. AFAIK it's not technically possible to whitelist individuals on the VPN lock, it's either on and prevents VPN usage for everyone or it's off.
    Ike 'Urkel' Jameson - Young goggles-wearing nerd who barely passed Basic, just wants to go home to his impoverished Georgian suburb and collect a pension.
    Bret 'Locomotive' Cohen - A big guy for you and a big brother to all who's also in a perpetual dirty bulk.
    Rupert 'Spice' Ahmadi - An extraordinarily bellicose young man, even by Marine standards, who's in over his head but is yet to realize it.

Also that healer drone who is always chasing you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I mentioned before, but I have the same problem and I'm not using any VPN what so ever. I even whitelisted Byond on the firewall after this problem started but it didn't make any difference.

Sometimes I can connect, sometimes not. Restarting the modem a few times helps 50% of time. Other 50% I can not connect at all.

Strangely enough it only lasts a day. If I can connect once, I can play all day long. But next day it's up to the CM Gods to decide if I'm worthy of playing that day. Sometimes after the modem-restart the Gods let me play, other times a big middle finger to me.

Mind you, this is only with CM. Every other server works flawlessly and they always worked. CM started doing this about 3 months ago.

I have also an other issue with most of the UI just simply won't work, can't select xeno structiures, instead of full page I get a 10 pixel by 30 pixel window to select e.g. ghost follows, RTO upgrades etc. So I deal with it and play handicapped. Downloaded 10 different byond version, tried to download IE11, didn't work on Windows 8, blocked IE10, installed 9. Nothing.

And to top it up some of my keyboards now working so I placed some letters on my 10 button mouse. I'm literally tying with the mouse.

And before you say buy a new laptop....I'M ENJOYING THIS HANDICAP PLAY. I WON'T BUY SHEIT CAPITALIST PIGS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post

And before you say buy a new laptop....I'M ENJOYING THIS HANDICAP PLAY. I WON'T BUY SHEIT CAPITALIST PIGS!!!
    Lolololol poor people.

CM is for the upper class only.

Admins add him to the peasantry blacklist.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Lolololol poor people.

CM is for the upper class only.

Admins add him to the peasantry blacklist.
    Hahaa

My laptop probably cost more than double your whole setup including your desk and chair. It's a high-end laptop, only it's 5 years old, but at that time it was pretty much the most expensive one you could buy.

Too bad it traveled me to ~30 countries on planes, ships, cars, trains and all that vibration every day slowly but surely wears it down. With that said it after so many years it can still run pretty much anything with no issue, but the buttons are acting up.

Meh. I will buy a brand new high end one for the next 5 years when this one craps out.