User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things people do that make me say why or respond with ? in game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things people do that make me say why or respond with ? in game.

Hello here are things that just don't make sense to me and I figured I'd share my opinion and get to see if anyone else has things that people do that just make you say "Why?"

XO/CO's that buy engi or medical tech first....

I am under the impression that those two techs are the worst to buy first simply because it's for ground side resupply unless I'm wrong you may call me an idiot that is fine, but I believe armor should always be bought first the reason why?
    - It's a unique item
    - you can't get it from any of the departments
    - If you buy it first then marines don't have to worry about seeking a RTO to get it.

why the fuck.jpg

Another thing is people who wait for the last minute of their time within the brig to ask for an appeal.
    Me being who I am I feel obligated to hear the full story this involves both stories from the suspect MP who made the arrest as well as the victim/accuser at the same time, sometimes that takes up a lot of time but I like to be safe when I make the choice to reduce a sentence.

But lately, that has been called at the very last minute and I have to do all the work just for them to be released within a minute after I am done getting all the responses I need to make a choice.

WHY? ... JUST WHY?

If you got anything that makes you say the same thing I would like to hear it so I know I'm not alone thank you for your time and consideration.

why.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know specifics on engi tech but I know for a fact it doesn't just resupply them, thats what req is for, it gives engineers some pretty banging upgrades to their equipment, mainly their sentries. I can speak for medic tech thought as it gives medics a defib that can be used through the armor, very powerful burn and brute kits for reviving, and a thing of nano splints which dont break as far as I can tell. In my whole hearted opinion both medic and engi techs are far superior to armor plates. Plates are temporary, comrade sentry is forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I would question would it better to get both of them other than getting armor in general...

I always feel like there is one thing that is missing but then again I play low-pop hours mostly so there is never any engies and hardly any medics so it just might make more sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engi-Med tech is useful, it's not a resupply, you only think that because you've used them as a non engi/medic. Because non engi/medics touching the pods just get random engie/medic junk.

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Marine_Techwebs

Medic tech gives an improved defibrillator that

1. Heals more
    2. Can be used through someones armor, making you not have to remove their armor first.
    3. Doesn't do heart damage so no heartbreaks.

improved burn and trauma kit that heal more dmg. A nano splint which is used ontop of splits to decrease movement speed penalty I think?

Engie tech gives engineers an upgrade to their special snowflake item. Which can be pretty powerful, but I'd prefer med tech if you're only going to get 1 or the other.

That being said, armor plates are... good, really good honestly. I don't have stats on them but people say that metal stops a few slashes, and ceramic stops multiple shotgun PBs. times that by the fact that EVERYONE can use them makes it infinitely more valuable. Which is why I'd never suggest getting medi/engi over Armor / +1 tech. That being said if they buy the armor 2nd I don't really mind all too much, because by the time you're groundside your RTO can just deploy the plates. It's an extra step for more people, but it lets medics / engies set up their kit accordingly.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, medical tech should really be bought early on because otherwise it just isn't worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anime PFP -> Irrelevant Opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuprisedBaby_ View Post
    I don't know specifics on engi tech but I know for a fact it doesn't just resupply them, thats what req is for, it gives engineers some pretty banging upgrades to their equipment, mainly their sentries. I can speak for medic tech thought as it gives medics a defib that can be used through the armor, very powerful burn and brute kits for reviving, and a thing of nano splints which dont break as far as I can tell. In my whole hearted opinion both medic and engi techs are far superior to armor plates. Plates are temporary, comrade sentry is forever.
    Nah disagree. Would you rather have 150 marines at round start wear 150 ceramic plates negating thousands worth of damages...or 8 dorky engineers who will either lost their sentries, get eaten by a lurker before placing it, place at LZ so 90% of round it does nothing...while that one turret is upgraded to a sniper...wooooow...much benefits 150 Armor plates? Hold my beer, let me show you...THIS sentry that....oh..it's being destroyed....shit.

As for medic upgrades, sure. But again. With 150 plates...you know...you don't need a medic in the first place? Those plates should be T2 tech. They are not even in the same league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuprisedBaby_ View Post
    Ceramic plates confer immunity to FF, which in of itself is far, far, far more valuable then either Engi or Medic Techs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevintor View Post
    XO/CO's that buy engi or medical tech first....
    Armour plates are trash, don't buy them. Medic + Engi tech.

Armour is basically just handholding, like negating FF which could very well be consciously prevented/minimized, but because people have plates, they become more careless.

CZSP kits give unique items that are not otherwise obtainable in a any way. The Sentry kits are based and allow Engies to specialize their sentries and make them better, while the Medic CZSP gives medics a REALLY good defib (most heart damage you would experience towards mid-to-lateround is from people being defibbed a lot), alongside nanosplints that are great and very useful upgraded treatment kits for those 400 brute/burn cases that are about to perma.

All in all, don't get armour. Armour is not "bad", it's just not as good as the CZSP kits, and the job of armour can mostly be done just by making a conscious effort to be more careful with your fire and positioning.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misti Rockwell View Post
    Armour plates are trash, don't buy them. Medic + Engi tech.

Armour is basically just handholding, like negating FF which could very well be consciously prevented/minimized, but because people have plates, they become more careless.

CZSP kits give unique items that are not otherwise obtainable in a any way. The Sentry kits are based and allow Engies to specialize their sentries and make them better, while the Medic CZSP gives medics a REALLY good defib (most heart damage you would experience towards mid-to-lateround is from people being defibbed a lot), alongside nanosplints that are great and very useful upgraded treatment kits for those 400 brute/burn cases that are about to perma.

All in all, don't get armour. Armour is not "bad", it's just not as good as the CZSP kits, and the job of armour can mostly be done just by making a conscious effort to be more careful with your fire and positioning.
    You are the type of guy who plays CM in theory and on paper. This argument is invalid as if you would be right, we would have virtually ZERO FF.

Well...do we have virtually zero FF? No, we have thousands of points of damages every single round.

Might want to close the forum and play the game as what you are saying is hot air, no offense.