User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is better SD or Lifeboats?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Self Destruct is better! Of Course!

39 52.70%
  • Lifeboats are better.

26 35.14%
  • Self Destruct is better. I am xeno main.

3 4.05%
  • Lifeboats are better. I am xeno main.

6 8.11%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Destruct vs Lifeboats. What is better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self Destruct vs Lifeboats. What is better?

Self Destruct:
    1. Sounds cool.
    2. Pretty HRP. Defending SD to get rid of xeno scumms - heroic.
    3. Very original and unique idea.
    4. Brings joy.
    5. Creates a lot of memorable moments. (Nostalgia...)

Lifeboats:
    1. Sounds lame.
    2. LRP. Standing near lifeboats to escape - autistic and cowardly.
    3. Turns game into cookie cutter shooter. (Alien crashed ship -> now you escape)
    4. Stupid delay which makes no sense.
    5. Creates a lot of admin meme moments.

"But SD had bad map design?" - Well then remake design duuuh, not remove it entirely .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Straight faxs
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the "fueling platforms" now located in spots across the ship... I think the intention is for the marines to have to hold the fueling pods long enough, then make a break for the lifeboat???

I would assume that they blow up the ship afterward.

If it was my game... I would expand the post crash into a 2nd "stage" of the game. No time limit. Minor evac for some civilians. Fight to the death. I find the recapture of medical, and post crash battle, far more interesting.

But everyone thought tech trees sounded goofy and its pretty awesome... so lets see.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh, rule 1 of making poll is to try be neutral

Both have pros and cons and from the sounds of it, you're not fully aware of the thing you're complaining about and what doesn't exist yet in its true form.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post

Both have pros and cons and from the sounds of it, you're not fully aware of the thing you're complaining about and what doesn't exist yet in its true form.
    Being knowledgeable... before complaining??? Bro this is CMSS13.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SD was objectively better due to the fact that it provided a conclusion to the round in a dramatic fashion.
    SD succeeds? The marines have killed the enemy and themselves out of spite in a dramatic last stand.
    SD fails? The xenos put an end to the marine efforts once and for all.
    Nowadays this is all we get: "hold X and charge out when they land" nothing really drives the plot forward other than "the bugs are here and we need to kill the spawn pool for meta reasons"
    Even with the lifeboats implemented fully they won't provide a good conclusion to the round due to one simple thing: the amount of escapees varies and won't matter.
    Everyone gets out safely on the lifeboat? 80% of the crew is still dead on the shithole planet and the enemy is still alive
    No one got out on the lifeboats? It doesn't matter a lot seeing as the majority of the crew is already dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally post got some traction and we have some results.

Analytics:

As you can see our humble cm-ss13 nation is divided because of lifeboats. Lifeboats brought us only discontent and nothing more.

Conclusion:

Let's return to beautiful days of SD ones more! Change useless lifeboats to TWO BIG NUCLEAR TORPEDOES and call it a day!

Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post

Of course I also provide citation to other scientific papers and analytics, with comments from different people. Mine scientific paper will include methodology and abstract. I will make sure poll will be unbiased as much as possible.

Or we all could agree that our life is full of drama and not scientific accurate all the time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching 40 people which survived a 5 hour round attempt to fight off 30 ancient xenos was always kinda thrilling, especially with the amount of friendly fire, misplaced cades and bad grenade throws.

Old SD should make a comeback, it really felt good to blow up the ship after 20 minutes. It was also the only entertaining way of cadehugging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't lifeboats not even fully implemented yet? lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAB1019 View Post
    Aren't lifeboats not even fully implemented yet? lol.
    They took our nuke, they took our SD. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

And what do you expect it to do? It just large pods.

Also, I think, we already had "lifeboats" - different ships could doc south or north of Almayer. I don't know why devs decided to add more lifeboats?

Devs: "SD layout is bad. Oh I know, lets remove it entirely and add lifeboats which doesn't work."

Yeah... Good thinking devs, good thinking...

Have old mapper team just left entirely? So we are redoing all things which already have been done or tried...