User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is better SD or Lifeboats?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Self Destruct is better! Of Course!

39 52.70%
  • Lifeboats are better.

26 35.14%
  • Self Destruct is better. I am xeno main.

3 4.05%
  • Lifeboats are better. I am xeno main.

6 8.11%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Self Destruct vs Lifeboats. What is better?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post
    I would like an explanation detailing how lifeboats are a beneficial change.

I've been present in discussion where a development member made it clear that it's only bad when Marines cade up and that once they lose the ground, they don't deserve a chance to recover the round. So I would genuinely like to know how this is going to be a beneficial change and for whom is it ACTUALLY benefitting?
    Nobody. It seems that Devs act on their personal emotions.

Xenos got 5 combat queen in a row and they all died, but managed to win the game? Devs: implement young queen mechanic.

Other dev: you implemented young queen mechanic? Muh, I will revenge nerf. Implement order 66, unlimiter larvas. Reason...revenge...I mean no. Marines lost planet? Doesn't deserve a last change of intense fight. Make them ghost or cyro.

Instead of acting on their emotions devs should ask us questions: "is it fun?" or "Do you like the changes?"

Of course 95% would reply, they HATE it. But it will be still kept for "balance" reasons. When was the last time time you really had fun playing CM?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Nobody. It seems that Devs act on their personal emotions.

Xenos got 5 combat queen in a row and they all died, but managed to win the game? Devs: implement young queen mechanic.

Other dev: you implemented young queen mechanic? Muh, I will revenge nerf. Implement order 66, unlimiter larvas. Reason...revenge...I mean no. Marines lost planet? Doesn't deserve a last change of intense fight. Make them ghost or cyro.

Instead of acting on their emotions devs should ask us questions: "is it fun?" or "Do you like the changes?"

Of course 95% would reply, they HATE it. But it will be still kept for "balance" reasons. When was the last time time you really had fun playing CM?
    Devs don't rely on the community because the community has 60 different opinions on every single topic, majority of them being absolutely dogshit.
    You will get nowhere by asking 400 people if something's fun because 370 of them shouldn't even be allowed to vote for various reasons in the first place.

Stop whining and flipping your middle fingers towards the devs, CM is open source, either make your own contribution or provide some actual constructive criticism otherwise you're getting nowhere and joining the dogshit opinion gang.

or alternatively, go to TGCM if you like it so much.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly it's kinda unfair to judge a mechanic that hasn't even been implemented yet, but I don't see why SD was removed if the new thing wasn't ready.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post
    I would like an explanation detailing how lifeboats are a beneficial change.

I've been present in discussion where a development member made it clear that it's only bad when Marines cade up and that once they lose the ground, they don't deserve a chance to recover the round. So I would genuinely like to know how this is going to be a beneficial change and for whom is it ACTUALLY benefitting?

People complained about SD, and it was removed because the minority is the majority/vice versa (according to the dev team). SD needed a remap and that's really it.

Also on something somewhat related, devs often just leave features unfinished or incomplete because...?
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post
    Devs don't rely on the community because the community has 60 different opinions on every single topic, majority of them being absolutely dogshit.
    You will get nowhere by asking 400 people if something's fun because 370 of them shouldn't even be allowed to vote for various reasons in the first place.

Stop whining and flipping your middle fingers towards the devs, CM is open source, either make your own contribution or provide some actual constructive criticism otherwise you're getting nowhere and joining the dogshit opinion gang.

or alternatively, go to TGCM if you like it so much.
    You are the type of guy whole lets his dog shit on other people's porch and complains when the owner throws your dogs shit to your face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my own opinions about this but...

why are you genuinely making a poll about this when LIFEBOATS AREN'T EVEN IMPLEMENTED YET
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    You are the type of guy whole lets his dog shit on other people's porch and complains when the owner throws your dogs shit to your face.
    yeah, I also throw car batteries into the ocean. Problem?

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misti Rockwell View Post
    I have my own opinions about this but...

why are you genuinely making a poll about this when LIFEBOATS AREN'T EVEN IMPLEMENTED YET

Because whoever still unironically uses cm forums in 2021 either doesn't habe a discord account or are banned from cm discord and as such are completely disconnected from the current goings-on in CM.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Because whoever still unironically uses cm forums in 2021 either doesn't habe a discord account or are banned from cm discord and as such are completely disconnected from the current goings-on in CM.
    Unbased and cringe opinion, painis niga guacamole don't listen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    People complained about SD, and it was removed because the minority is the majority/vice versa (according to the dev team). SD needed a remap and that's really it.

Also on something somewhat related, devs often just leave features unfinished or incomplete because...?
    Yea, the only problem with SD is the map itself, it is surrounded by 2x2 hallways with 1x1 maintenance access with a huge Engineering Department to block your middle. You just need to widen the hallways and do some modifications here and there and you are done.

There was a guy who did the map and proposed it and then lifeboats came...guess...uh