User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is better SD or Lifeboats?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Self Destruct is better! Of Course!

39 52.70%
  • Lifeboats are better.

26 35.14%
  • Self Destruct is better. I am xeno main.

3 4.05%
  • Lifeboats are better. I am xeno main.

6 8.11%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Self Destruct vs Lifeboats. What is better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casada_Radio View Post
    There was a guy who did the map and proposed it and then lifeboats came...guess...uh
    You hate to see it.
    Synthetic Unit 'Amber'.

Major Misti Rockwell, USS Yokosuka, 2nd Division, 2nd Battlegroup, 3rd Fleet.

Trial Moderator: 7th November 2021 - 21st November 2021
    Moderator: 21st November 2021 - 17th January 2022
    Senior Moderator: 17th January 2022 - 2nd of June 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imagine... having BOTH SD and life boat....
    too much to ask?...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lifeboats incorporate both SD and escape. The way its supposed to work is that you hold the lifeboats and pumps (if you want to speed up the process) and after some time the lifeboats launch and the ship blows up. Problem is that its not coded yet and currently the lifeboats won't open. We had a successful SD round a few days back however as the rods are still in the same place. (They pop out of the ground in the lifeboat section)

What i don't like about lifeboats is how automated it is and how little sense it makes ICly. Why would you need to wait for your escape lifeboats to fuel up? Surely a better design to save the crew would be to have it already pre-fueled and ready to go. Also why would you have the only way out of the ship in the aft section, literally the furthest point from any occupied spaces. What if the ship breaks in half? I guess the front section just dies because guess what? No pods there.

And the fact that its automatic is also terrible in my opinion. I don't like it when an automatic system decides that we are evacuating and there is nothing you can do to stop it. There is a way to stop the SD in time but you can't cancel the lifeboats. So what happens when you kill all the xenos? You just drop two big lifeboats to space because... ARES said so?

In my opinion the lifeboats are nothing more than a tool for devs to railroad the hijack phase. It makes very little sense ICly and wasn't needed at all imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like life-boats(!) Especially when devs summon a mysterious ladder in the middle of life-boats leading to ERT Station. You can cook stuff in its kitchen though I wish the fridge in there had some tomatoes. I want to cook pizza for survivors after EVAC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Straight facts here. i miss SD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    Nobody. It seems that Devs act on their personal emotions.

Xenos got 5 combat queen in a row and they all died, but managed to win the game? Devs: implement young queen mechanic.

Other dev: you implemented young queen mechanic? Muh, I will revenge nerf. Implement order 66, unlimiter larvas. Reason...revenge...I mean no. Marines lost planet? Doesn't deserve a last change of intense fight. Make them ghost or cyro.

Instead of acting on their emotions devs should ask us questions: "is it fun?" or "Do you like the changes?"

Of course 95% would reply, they HATE it. But it will be still kept for "balance" reasons. When was the last time time you really had fun playing CM?
    Avalanche's response to this was 100% right, this is one of the most out of touch posts I've ever seen.

Also who tf genuinely enjoyed SD? I'm sorry you loved fighting in a shitty tight box which got completely invalidated once wall slashing was implemented but most people didn't lmao.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    People complained about SD, and it was removed because the minority is the majority/vice versa (according to the dev team). SD needed a remap and that's really it.

Also on something somewhat related, devs often just leave features unfinished or incomplete because...?

Features get left unfinished or incomplete because this is real life and not everything goes as planned, Life boats isn't complete yet because the coder who was working on it went on hiatus due to irl circumstances, he's back and working on it now though. Techwebs is currently not complete because maps need to go through major reworks to be control-point friendly and the primary coder working on techwebs dipped once Nanu became head dev.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of having to hold points to fuel the lifeboats and then actually making it to them. I always REE when I see a dozen marines just queued up at the escape pods waiting to abandon ship.