User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back permanent damage to Marines

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shipside medical is a bygone relic, we really dont need more than a single competent doctor or two must rounds and medical is disabled on hijack anyways why not just make medbay all military and have them set up a mash at fob?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWall View Post
    Just some changes:

Permanesting removed the speed increase from hosts, and the ability for more random people to be hosted. No more going to medical

The organ damage has been toned down significantly. Also organs have changed (no more appendix damage) And peri works 100% and forever. No need to return

They removed infections, and necro.. so ground surgery is common and marines never need to be treated.

Bloodloss was reduced alot... people hardly bother with iron anymore and no one gets evaced for low blood.

Shrapnel change means you just need a knife.. no more surgery so even less of that.
    Going down the line
    1. I have no idea what this talk about speed boost on infecting someone is but w/e.
    2. Organ damage was hardly ever a factor in the first place unless someone was being defibbed 20 gazillion times because they're ungaing 24/7 and get a heartbreak. It was one of many factors that might play into forcing someone to go up but meh.
    3. I've been infected all of maybe 1 time in my entire time playing CM. Which again really shows you how little it mattered in the first place. Not really sure where this idea of "removing infections removed a way to bleed marines." is coming from. Also never had necro so *shrug*
    4. Blood loss is 100% still a factor. It's just that everyone knows how to Bicard OD with 1 Dyo to treat it instantly. Even then I've been treated for blood loss in medical along with my 5 broken bones. And evaced someone because they wouldn't get up who was apparently just low on blood. Even then it's always been treatable with iron pills / eating food. It was an inconvenience at best, not really something that ever stopped marines.
    5. If shrapnel in it's current state, required surgery to get out. The entire marine frontline would instantly die to hedgehog ravagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Vancleave View Post
    there are no engineer mains left
    Because playing engineer is fucking bullshit frustrating. Do they think metal grows out of our ass? Cades get shredded in seconds. And god forbid a fucking boiler under a pylon and behind resin membrane is 24/7 aciding your cades so you literally can't do anything to fix it.

In either case it's a combination of problems. If you give xenos the ability to "bleed" marines in the current game's state. They'll never, ever, fucking hold the ground unless they super stomp taking nearly no dmg. Marines literally can't hold defenses without superior numbers and endless firepower. Do I wish more tools were used to get people to medical faster? Fuck yes. But the reality is a huge chunk of the current game would have to be overhauled if you wanted marines to suffer without them just being rolled over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an opinion from some who never plays medic, nurse, doctor and have no clue how to heal literally anything.

My full knowledge of the medic field is the following: When taken damage, inject bica and trama but only 2 max. Use bandaid. Or not. No idea as little picture shows 100 and and little guy is green.

That is literally all I know, I'm not even joking. I'm Engi/OT/MT main not this.

So now to my point. I'm playing engi/marine. Get injured, take injections. Did it help? Good, keep going. I'm really messed up and already took injections? Go to medic. He gives me what ever I don't care. Keep fighting.

Injured again or medic tells me to evac? Seeeeriously. Medevac? Not possible. Of course not... So now you are asking me to walk past alone on a barren land infested with xenos while being slowed, blind, can't hold a gun, fainting all over. Takes 5 minutes to reach LZ if I even make it past the runners.

Get on DS, pray to Gods not faint while being buckled in the seat as others will think I'm just riding, meanwhile I'm sitting in crit with organ damage and bleeding inside, but I can't even talk for someone to GET ME OUT OF THIS CHAIR. Wasted an other frustrating 5 minutes as DS is not optimized so it takes forever to fly.

Ds goes up, and down again as I'm still stuck in chair and everybody ignores me. Finally someone notices and drops me on the floor so hopefully medics will drag me off if I didn't die anyway. Alamo lands, no docs in sight. After some time, somebody drags me off. Waiting for my turn, slowly get put in to some machines, wait 10 mins for operation.

We are done, good to go. Right. Well I just lost ALL my gear so time to eat and go back to squad req, get new weapons, attachments and head down. Alamo is down, shouting in :H to REMOTE SEND ALAMO BACK. An other 5 minute passes.

Alamo arrives, after waiting 5 minutes, it goes down. Slowly making my way back to front, praying again that 2 lurkers won't team up to shred me. Finally reached front.

Well I just wasted 30 minutes because I got a serious injury. And I mean WASTED. It was not fun, it was boring, 90% of time it was waiting. There was no banter, no RP, just waiting.

Considering an average round ends at 13:10-13:45 by the time I'm at the front again, the round is closing to an end. Either xenos are getting beaten and I didn't contribute to it as they are killing the last few hiding somewhere or marines are forced back to LZ. And if you played enough you know that means 90% of already losing as they can rarely turn around from that point.

Theory here, ideas there, that's my average marine experience with injuries and I'm sure this is the same for most.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 04-07-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreydis View Post

Because playing engineer is fucking bullshit frustrating. Do they think metal grows out of our ass? Cades get shredded in seconds. And god forbid a fucking boiler under a pylon and behind resin membrane is 24/7 aciding your cades so you literally can't do anything to fix it.

I complained about this as I'm engi main and they don't really care. Sometimes I don't know if devs enjoy the salt and tears of us. To have boilers is pretty much random. Yes queen can "force" a xeno to go boiler but I would f*cking rather deevo and pick something else than spitter than as I can't be bothered with it.

Luckily most boilers go trapper as they think it's better (quick tip..it's 10000x worse than regular boiler) and also it's less BORING than the gas one. Get 2 or 3 boilers on xeno team? Well than. I simply refuse to cade. Now you will of course get shouted by marines to CADE and WELD THEM. Suuuuure. Let me just run inside the boiler gas while a spitter and a praetorian is hiding inside the gas, spitting on me so by the time I welded 1 cade, I'm LITERALLY in crit having to fain and wasting 5 minutes for a medic to get me up.

All because I DARED to fix the cades. Marines reaction: muh, not my problem.

Good job. So you can't realistically hold any cades against determined boilers. They DO break the game, but again outside of game, they are rare and boring AF to play so sometimes we can hold.

Now TGMC solved this with the minimir or gas kits so you can stand inside the gas at least. They also have plantable razor wires which helps tremendously as xenos can't melee cades if the way is blocked.

But in CM, engi experience can be really frustrating. 10 marines at LZ. Trying to cade up all holes. Runner keeps coming in, messing up comms. Who's fault it is? OF COURSE the engis fault who tries to cade 50 spaces ALONE while marines do F all just shout at him. When this happens, I just drop all my mats, grab my gun and go to front. Deal with it yourself. Less shouting at front.

Again, TGMC solved this with builder drones so an engi can remote build cades at LZ and they also start with closed shutters so they have all the time they need. Shutters might be too much for this pop, but builder drones would solve this.

I already said engis are too weak in this game. Once you used up all your mats, you might as well ghost. Removing walls take FIVE MINUTES. FFS who came up with this. Than they wonder why I C4 everything to remove xeno covers.

They still haven't added the "cheap cades" that I recommended that would solve the engi issue. Also make sandbags fill faster and let us put in backpack, that also solves it. TGMC is BY FAR ahead in engi gameplay. Since we stole so many ideas from there, might as well do these...as we all know what happens we have no engis. That is an instant speedrun for xenos.

/rant over

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix it again Tony View Post
    I complained about this as I'm engi main and they don't really care. Sometimes I don't know if devs enjoy the salt and tears of us. To have boilers is pretty much random. Yes queen can "force" a xeno to go boiler but I would f*cking rather deevo and pick something else than spitter than as I can't be bothered with it.

Luckily most boilers go trapper as they think it's better (quick tip..it's 10000x worse than regular boiler) and also it's less BORING than the gas one. Get 2 or 3 boilers on xeno team? Well than. I simply refuse to cade. Now you will of course get shouted by marines to CADE and WELD THEM. Suuuuure. Let me just run inside the boiler gas while a spitter and a praetorian is hiding inside the gas, spitting on me so by the time I welded 1 cade, I'm LITERALLY in crit having to fain and wasting 5 minutes for a medic to get me up.

All because I DARED to fix the cades. Marines reaction: muh, not my problem.

Good job. So you can't realistically hold any cades against determined boilers. They DO break the game, but again outside of game, they are rare and boring AF to play so sometimes we can hold.

Now TGMC solved this with the minimir or gas kits so you can stand inside the gas at least. They also have plantable razor wires which helps tremendously as xenos can't melee cades if the way is blocked.

But in CM, engi experience can be really frustrating. 10 marines at LZ. Trying to cade up all holes. Runner keeps coming in, messing up comms. Who's fault it is? OF COURSE the engis fault who tries to cade 50 spaces ALONE while marines do F all just shout at him. When this happens, I just drop all my mats, grab my gun and go to front. Deal with it yourself. Less shouting at front.

Again, TGMC solved this with builder drones so an engi can remote build cades at LZ and they also start with closed shutters so they have all the time they need. Shutters might be too much for this pop, but builder drones would solve this.

I already said engis are too weak in this game. Once you used up all your mats, you might as well ghost. Removing walls take FIVE MINUTES. FFS who came up with this. Than they wonder why I C4 everything to remove xeno covers.

They still haven't added the "cheap cades" that I recommended that would solve the engi issue. Also make sandbags fill faster and let us put in backpack, that also solves it. TGMC is BY FAR ahead in engi gameplay. Since we stole so many ideas from there, might as well do these...as we all know what happens we have no engis. That is an instant speedrun for xenos.

/rant over
    I’ll be honest, your just better off learning to code and adding the features yourself.

Also remember when boilers didn’t damage/ did shit for damage on cades?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Also remember when boilers didn’t damage/ did shit for damage on cades?
    No, no I don't. Because ever since their inception they always did enough dmg to cades that you needed to be on the ball for repairing them. It just wasn't fucking stupid broken to the point where you literally couldn't repair the cades without risking death.

But as I said above, the ability to bleed marines is intertwined with the ability for marines to hold. Right now, marines CAN NOT HOLD without bodies. Each line of defenses is fucking 20-30 seconds without enough firepower to ward off the T3's. Let alone a single boiler who can shred cades by himself without support.

You give xenos the ability to bleed marines without addressing the defensive structure issue? Great, "FOB" will fall in 20 minutes flat upon landing every game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bringitbackbringitbackbringitbackbringitback

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanche View Post

bringitbackbringitbackbringitbackbringitback
    God that was hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going back to Almayer for serious injuries is always boring and it takes a lot of time. I prefer fighting alongside with marines while being half-dead rather than wasting 20-30 minutes going back to ship and coming back. I even think going back to ship for treatment is almost as bad as being dead. Never had a round where I go back to ship for treatment, come back and keep fighting. If I get to ship for treatment and by the time doctors are treating my injuries, either marines have already won or its hijack time and we're EVACing so I'm not going back in both cases. That's why I prefer staying at the battlefield even if I have all kinds of serious injuries such as extreme blood-loss, organ damage, fractures etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring it back bring it back
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell